To All New Writers - Please Read... (this Means You!)

blackstallion21

Sexologist Extraordinaire
Joined
May 28, 2009
Posts
1,200
JUST GOTTA GET SOMETHING OFF OF MY CHEST:

I don't have a problem editing for you until I'm BLUE in the face! I enjoy it... and I'm SURE the Other Authors who take their time to Edit YOUR NEW WORK are thrilled to help you as well! BUT A LOT of you are making the same mistakes and I'm going to Clear the Air!

1) SHOULD YOU SEND A P/M... UNLOCK YOUR OWN P/M SO WHEN WE RESPOND TO YOU... The Messaging Service Doesn't REJECT MY MESSAGE And I Look like the ASSHOLE FOR NOT RESPONDING TO YOU... WHEN IN ESSENCE... I Tried and I couldn't get through!

2) LEAVE A DETAILED MESSAGE when messaging me! (ALL EDITORS) Tell Me what you're story is about... Tell Me HOW LONG IT IS... And if there are MULTIPLE CHAPTERS... (Some of us only have time to do a few chapters of a story, and DON'T HAVE TIME TO EDIT A 4,000 page SUPER NOVEL)... POSSIBLY LEAVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS OR A SECOND WAY TO CONTACT YOU should something happen... (LIT ACTS UP FROM TIME TO TIME... and IF YOU THINK YOUR STORY IS IMPORTANT... You'll DO THAT FOR ME!)

3) DO NOT... and I REPEAT... DO NOT DEMAND ANYTHING OUT OF THESE EDITORS!!! (Me Especially!) We are doing you an UNPAID PUBLIC SERVICE by helping you out and trying to make your story look better... I DON'T HAVE TO DO SHIT FOR YOU... But I WANT TO... SO DON'T DEMAND ANYTHING FROM AN EDITOR!

4) You have FULL CAPABILITY to DISCARD ANY HELP I GIVE YOU! Remember... I'm ONLY A VOLUNTEER EDITOR! I'm Offering My Opinion! and My Opinion ONLY! You are the original writer... if you like the way you wrote something for X, Y, and Z Reasons, and I changed it for whatever reason... KEEP IT THE WAY YOU WROTE IT!

5) ACCREDITATION... I am an Editor Only (In your case... I write my own stories, but that's not what I'm referring too!)... I Don't Need accreditation in YOUR STORY! It's Appreciated... BUT NOT WARRANTED! If you Feel The Need... (Editing Help by Blackstallion21) under your name or at the end of the document is all you need to put As Far As I'm Concerned... I didn't help you write your story, my name shouldn't be in lights as if I did...

I THINK THAT'S ALL I'm going to Bitch about... but those things are REALLY GETTING UNDER MY SKIN as far as editing is concerned!

Love Ya n God Bless

Keep Writing... Keep Giving Your Readers Hard-On's and Wet Panties!

BS21
 
I never knew the system allowed people to PM and block replies.
 
It most certainly does, it just happened to me today. If you don't want ppl to PM you, you can deny ALL messages from coming in!
 
It most certainly does, it just happened to me today. If you don't want ppl to PM you, you can deny ALL messages from coming in!

I knew someone could block PMs, but I didn't know they could still send them out. In the past, when I turned off PMs I couldn't send.
 
I knew someone could block PMs, but I didn't know they could still send them out. In the past, when I turned off PMs I couldn't send.

It does if you tick this box in the settings

You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and those on your buddy list. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
[ ] Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators
 
Back
Top