From the Archives

Simon_Silver

Experienced
Joined
May 13, 2012
Posts
76
I write.

A lot.

And a lot of the time it doesn't go anywhere.

I have all these ideas but after I get them down on paper they utterly fail to develop into full stories.

So I am going to share some of these ideas with you and see where they go, maybe someone else will have the complimentary content to turn these ideas into a full tale...
 
Let's start with a favorite: Bitch Tits McGee

Allow me to set the scene: it's about midday somewhere in the state of Utah, about ten years after 'The Pocalypse', where zombies, skynet, two alien invasions, and the return of magic all happened at once. A jeep just pulled up outside the bar at the center of the survivor's enclave, inside being one man, dressed in salvaged USMC battle rattle with an AK-47 strapped over his shoulder. (Unloaded.) and the other similarly attired but with a Venus sign hot glued onto her shoulders and helmet in pink glitter.

She takes off her helmet and a face that would be attractive were it not for several scars is revealed, with a smile she steps inside and starts into this speech.

“My name is Bitch Tits McGee and if anyone cares to make something of it keep in mind that it is highly likely that anyone with a name like that has probably been in more than her fair share of fights.”

“I came by my name in an unusual way, it was given to me by my fiancee’s father.”

“That is where my story truly starts, about ten years ago when The Pocalypse first hit the airwaves and the panic set in. There had been a few 'Isolated Incidents' before that so I am told, but the first thing I remember is being chained to the floor in the living-room of Rupert's compound staring at the TV sideways while on the news the governor of Arizona declared a 'State of Emergency' for the first time.”

“Rupert was a crazy, evil son-of-a-bitch, who had kidnapped three other women and girls and 'bought' 7 more from their pimps, who of course had 'bought' them from human traffickers who kidnapped them overseas. He kept us all on a massive ranch out in the dessert miles from the nearest other living soul except him and his sons, and once The Pocalypse began no one was looking for us. I must have been about nine when The Pocalypse started, and I can hardly remember the next nine years except being hungry and thirsty most of the time, and Angel.”

“Angel's my fiancee, the one behind me, and I don't understand how or why but unlike his father and all of his brothers he turned out OK, the rest of his family were all batshit nuts and evil to the core, but he's alright, which he proved a year ago when he walked into his fathers room with a pair of loaded guns and handed one to me.” I could have shot him, I was due to be 'married' to him a few days later, and I had seen what his brothers did to their wives, but I didn't, I knew who was to blame for all this, Rupert, so he was the one I put a bullet to with that silenced DEagle. Angel unlocked my chains and we went through that chaotic fortress compound shooting all six of his brothers and any of the other women that had gotten the Stockholm Syndrome and tried to stop us, then we took the bug-out vehicles and hightailed it out of that place leaving it booby-trapped with enough C-4 to level the whole kitten caboodle if anyone ever tried to give those sick bastards a proper funeral.”

“Now most of the other women split with us at the first enclave we came to, but I had fallen in love with Angel and knew one of them would kill him if he stayed, so we took a jeep and as much ammo and gas as we could carry and started a 'warrior pilgrimage' hunting zombies and mutants and worse for our keep, got pretty good at it too.”

“Now y'all are wondering why we are here, you have jobs a plenty but it ain't that. See, Angel and I are in the family way, and it's time to settle down and put down roots, and get hitched right and proper.”

“Now where we come from it's traditional to buy a round for the house when you come in and are planing to stay, but we don’t have any of your local coin, and buying on credit's no good: but what we DO have are fifty three of those little airline bottles of whisky that we salvaged from an airport suply depot a few months back and have been saving for just this occasion. So someone help us bring in the flats and everyone grab a bottle then we will toast to our new home... Well all except me, you know what the doctors say about drinking while you are pregnant, guess angel will have to drink for both of us.”

The barkeep reaches under the counter and comes up with a glass bottle with a cork which has a paper label saying 'Jessie's Un-Hard Lemonade: for women and children.' Taped to the side.
“Well thank you kindly! Everyone got a bottle now? Here's to your town; and a new life for me, Angel, and all our kids!”
 
Relic Tech and Exploration: ChYOA Fodder?

Yet another from the archives, and I think this one makes perfect bate for a ChYOA story.



"What kind of ship is that Jurou? I've never seen anything like it & there's nothing in the computer..." Laura asked.

It was easily hundreds of times their size, it's immense rings and overall shape betraying it's design as being from the uncomfortable period of several centuries ago between the discovery of 'Space/Time Fabric Needle' transport and 'Core Taps' and the subsequent discoveries of 'Para-Location' Gates and artificial gravity control.

The ability to turn vast ships into a quantum entangled energy pulse that would disentangle and reconstitute at a predetermined point was a relic now, because of the huge number of accidents, however this ship seemed to have avoided the pitfalls and made an incredibly long journey out to what even now was the fringes of the ever expanding sphere of known space.

There were ten still spinning rings along the middle of the ship, each one thousands of kilometers across and holding inside it a miniature world, self contained ecosystems which would have supported human crew and colonists. six more such rings were damaged and dead, four no longer spinning and two blown open and vented into space.

One in particular caught Jurou's eye however, all the way at the back of the ship, an island ecosystem clearly modeled on his native Japan with it's mountainous coastline and fringe of sea...
 
Back
Top