Easy attachment point for handcuffs if your bed doesn't have a frame?

AmethystMelange

Experienced
Joined
Jun 6, 2016
Posts
50
We love cuffing my hands above my head when we play. :) Unfortunately, our bed doesn't have a frame (it's one of those with a base on wheels, cheaper and more convenient for moving), so that's not always easy! I know that there are those under-bed-restraint-systems sold by sex shops, but I was hoping for something a little more subtle than that, that we can leave around but doesn't immediately out us if someone peeks into our room.

Any suggestions for a simple way to have something at the head of our bed that we can easily attach the cuffs to? Unfortunately anything that involves wall attachments etc are out, as we are renting.
 
Last edited:
:p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful, those wheels and the associated stems with which they are attached to the bed are designed to accept a vertical load. A lateral or side pull, such as you tied by a loop around them, could rip them from the frame.

Best to have a look at the material and the construction first.
 
Bit of rope secured around the wheels at the head end forming a loop that can stag tucked between bed and wall? I am picturing a divan? I am not sure how strong the wheels are....if the bed frame with on the divan voice a fixing be attached to that? I don't use an under bed harness but would have presumed it could tuck under the mattress with discretion ; people who have children etc use them I am sure

The bed is something like this : https://www.snooze.com.au/Mattresse...MI3bWF9Y2q1QIVkQoqCh0UqgHOEAQYAyABEgKU0PD_BwE

Yeah, the under bed restraints can go under the mattress... but they also have 4 loops sticking out at the corners! :) I thought that was the whole point, because if nothing is sticking out then you would need to lift the mattress each time you wanted to use it, which is rather inconvenient. If anyone with kids uses them, I would be interested in hearing how.

Be careful, those wheels and the associated stems with which they are attached to the bed are designed to accept a vertical load. A lateral or side pull, such as you tied by a loop around them, could rip them from the frame.

Best to have a look at the material and the construction first.

Eep, yeah, I was wondering about that. Probably would not chance it - the bed is fairly new and expensive, haha.
 
Last edited:
If you are the least bit handy, and the picture is close to the bed you have, this us an easy one.

Four pieces of lumber (whatever a 2x4 is in Oz) and four corner brackets. Build a frame, just a square, that fits inside the for print of the legs. It has to fit inside the legs! Then, option 1, drill and bolt it to the bed frame or option 2, add "feet", pieces of lumber will work, to wedge it against the bottom of the bed. You can add a cross member (mid way the length) if you need or want extra attachments or supports.

The whole thing should be less than 30 USD.

When your done, a bed skirt hides it from the mother-in-law and the baby sitter.
 
Thanks, Gotham. Is there any other option for people who are, uh, NOT handy? :D We don't have a drill or anything else needed for woodwork, and we live in an apartment so we don't have a garage to do it in (neighbours would complain if you are drilling inside an apartment).
 
Perhaps eye-bolts (or screws in this case) into the bed frame itself, assuming it's not engineered wood (saw dust and glue). Other than that, straps rigged at the corners of the box springs?
 
How do we attach the straps?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

Think of the ribbons on fancy envelops that "loop" corners. Loop the lower left and upper right, as an example, with the strap under the box spring. Then connect to the strap where it passes across the top of the matress.
 
As Gotham_Central suggests you may be able to fix a screw eye into the frame of the bed, run a rope through it and then attach the cuffs to the other end but you don't even have to fix the screw-eye to the bed, you can screw it into the floor or anything else wooden that's secure and handy. Even just a long strip of timber run across behind the wheels or legs at the head of the bed would do with the screw eye fixed in the centre of the length. Then when auntie comes you can pull out the timber and stash it somewhere innocent.
 
I was hoping for something a little more subtle than that, that we can leave around but doesn't immediately out us if someone peeks into our room.

Hm. This problem is so alien to me. I can't imagine that any of my guests would randomly open doors in my house to see what is there and even for avoiding the off-chance - the doors have locks.


Anyway, my suggestion would be to try a different approach.

Just get two heavy kettlebells and tie the rope to them. If you can lift a 106 lbs kettlebell with one hand while you are getting pounded I guess you deserve to escape. And they can stay in the bedroom, because your guy is just doing exercises with them.
 
Elegantly simple! But slightly more expensive. And undeniably effective, unless the OP's name is Kara Zoe-El.
 
We snapped a leg off one of those frames with some rough sex once. Afterwards we stuffed a cinder block under it to prop it up until we could get a new frame. Instead of kettle bells you could try a couple of cinder blocks. They should fit under the bed and they could stay there. Just use a bed skirt to hide under the bed area. A little less expensive maybe?
 
Slip them in a pillowcase/wrap them in a blanket to protect the floor.
(I believe the OP said she rented).
 
Wow, thanks for the very varied advice, folks! :)

The idea of using heavy objects is very interesting and novel! That could work, but the trick would be to find something that's small enough to actually fit under the bed, but heavy enough to not be easily lifted. The space under the bed base (as shown in the link) is barely 3 inches. I doubt kettle bells would fit, but cinder blocks look like they might, we could see if we can find a store that sells one around here (we just moved to this city).
 
The idea of using heavy objects is very interesting and novel! That could work, but the trick would be to find something that's small enough to actually fit under the bed, but heavy enough to not be easily lifted. The space under the bed base (as shown in the link) is barely 3 inches. I doubt kettle bells would fit

Option a): just move the bed away from the wall, no need to have it under the bed

Option b): get a spreader bar, tie hands to the spreader bar above your head, tie spreader bar to the kettlebells at the sides of the bed
 
You could put a heavy object under the bed and tie a piece of rope to it. The rope will then go between the wall and the bed frame and stick out at the head of the bed.
It's not very secure, but it's an idea.

Here's a DIY idea for you:

If you wanna expend some money, you can buy a piece of thick sturdy material - something like a coveral for the entire bed, or even a carpet. Pick one that will have a lot of friction and will not rip. You can even use somethind synthetic for that - it doesn't mater, it will be hidden.
Fit it under the mattress, so that only the edges stick out (or even so that the mattress just barely covers it. Put the mattress right on top of it, so that your sheet is squished between the bedframe and the mattress.

Then you can sew loops of material onto it. Just take something like a fabric belt and sew both ends to your sheet. Don't be cheap - sew 15-20 cm with to make sure it stays there.

Now you have a sheet witch will stay under your mattress due to friction, completely in place. And you have loops that you can tie ropes to. You can sew as many as you need, in any places that you need - just remember to think thoroughly in which direction the ropes will be pulled.

To make a corner attachment, make 2 loops 30 cm from the corner on both sides and attach your rope to both those looks (so the pull is diagonal).

It's relatively easy to make, seems to me like a 1-weekend project that requires minimum skills and minimum money. Just make sure to find the right material that is both durable, will not rip, and rough enough to really stay in place.

Also all the loops can be easily put under the mattress and hidden, and no one will know they are there.
 
We snapped a leg off one of those frames with some rough sex once. Afterwards we stuffed a cinder block under it to prop it up until we could get a new frame. Instead of kettle bells you could try a couple of cinder blocks. They should fit under the bed and they could stay there. Just use a bed skirt to hide under the bed area. A little less expensive maybe?

Cinder blocks are a give away for sure!
 
We snapped a leg off one of those frames with some rough sex once. Afterwards we stuffed a cinder block under it to prop it up until we could get a new frame. Instead of kettle bells you could try a couple of cinder blocks. They should fit under the bed and they could stay there. Just use a bed skirt to hide under the bed area. A little less expensive maybe?

Cinder blocks are a give away for sure!

Maybe you don't know what a bedskirt is?
 
Why not get a plant bracket hung from the wall. With a removable candle lamp hanging from it.
 
very easy

My first thought, having done this, is to use a length of line that just runs under the mattress from side to side and put loops in the ends. I easily attached her cuffs to the loops with snap links and did the same with her anklets. After your joy, simply tuck the ends of the line under the mattress out of sight, yet handy for easy retrieval for the next time. If you really are so specific as to want 'handcuff' attachments, run the lines from head to foot under the mattress.
good luck and happy binding,
K
:rose:
 
Back
Top