Literotica story quality

FieryLion

Virgin
I'm a new writer(more like just a noob who wants to write). Is this the right place to post my story?

Welcome to Lit. No. There's a special submissions page. This place is tricky to navigate but eventually you get used to it. Google "Literotica submissions" if you get lost again.

I'm not one to dare you to post it on the discussion board, but it'd be fun and worth the laugh.... Just saying:) đź‘ đź‘ đź‘ Kant

How long does it usually take to get a submission approved?

If it's your first submission it might take a few days - so don't panic. Once you have a bit of a track record, they can go up in a day or two.

Good luck. :)

I think it depends on the category. Incest/Taboo usually gets approved after two nights.

It has nothing to do with category. Most stories are two days. Contest entries are one day, but a brand new author it may take a couple extra days because laurel takes a closer look at them.

Wow I didn't know this site is moderated by one single person. She must be very hard working then

Wow I didn't know this site is moderated by one single person. She must be very hard working then

She is; and she owns the site. Her rule is Law.
Pay particular attention to the "Thou shalt Not" rules. There is no wiggle room.

And welcome to the Chaos that is the AH.

It has nothing to do with category. Most stories are two days. Contest entries are one day, but a brand new author it may take a couple extra days because laurel takes a closer look at them.

Some categories do get special treatment - I think Text With Audio and Illustrated? IIRC Laurel tends to do those in batches, so moderation time may be longer for those. Other than those special categories, yeah, moderation time seems to be unaffected by category.

How long does it usually take to get a submission approved?
One little detail that makes a little difference. A .doc (Word before about 2007) is processed automatically. .docx requires more manual effort. There is a note about this at the bottom of the submission page. But two days is normal although it also varies for other reasons.

One little detail that makes a little difference. A .doc (Word before about 2007) is processed automatically. .docx requires more manual effort. There is a note about this at the bottom of the submission page. But two days is normal although it also varies for other reasons.

And you know this how?

According to what Laurel has said in the past, nothing is automated. She reads it all.

I've used the .doc format since day one and have had no problems or slowing from the average posting times. According to how old a version of Office Lit uses, the .docx might be a problem but one easily solved by converting it to .doc before submitting.

Some categories do get special treatment - I think Text With Audio and Illustrated? IIRC Laurel tends to do those in batches, so moderation time may be longer for those. Other than those special categories, yeah, moderation time seems to be unaffected by category.

You're right. I was just thinking of the regular categories. I think Laurel does them in batches because there aren't too many audio/illustrated so she lets them add up a bit

You're right. I was just thinking of the regular categories. I think Laurel does them in batches because there aren't too many audio/illustrated so she lets them add up a bit

Yes, Illustrated can take a week or two - last time I posted (a while back). I'm guessing Laurel does 'em in a batch.

The submission instructions do state a preference for .txt files, which can go straight into the upload file. The instructions also say that .doc and .docx require manual processing - I'm guessing that means formatting and plain text conversion, which is separate to the content vetting.

Last edited:

If you take the simple, direct route and just cut and paste it into the submissions box, you don't have to worry about what version of Word it was. And you get posted just as soon as you would be any other route.

Back