Purple's Doodles I

PurpleParadise

Literotica Guru
thought I'd share some of my very average sketches! let me know what you think :) I'm trying to get better so any tips would be appreciated

qg8IqVd.jpg

Last edited:
thought I'd share some of my very average sketches! let me know what you think :) I'm trying to get better so any tips would be appreciated

qg8IqVd.jpg

I kinda feel like I modeled for this one, so...I like it! The breasts are good...problem with the hand though...

I kinda feel like I modeled for this one, so...I like it! The breasts are good...problem with the hand though...

Ha! the model is quite gorgeous from my memory so you must be a stunner, and yes unfortunately faces and hands are my weakness

You need to make thumb nail sketches and PLAN the picture
-give it -room to breath - Chopping off heads and running out of space is ..er like running out of space.

Edit ti say -
If you want to leave something out show it as intentional

Last edited:

You need to make thumb nail sketches and PLAN the picture
-give it -room to breath - Chopping off heads and running out of space is ..er like running out of space.

Edit ti say -
If you want to leave something out show it as intentional

thank you! I'll definitely take that into account in the future :)

Most definitely not average. I think these are good. I'm just going to give you some full-on critique... If you don't want that, just know you do good stuff, and read no further (no, I won't be offended)

As ifluke said, if you're leaving stuff out op purpose, it needs to be shown somehow. Leaving some blank space around the drawing is one way. Fading out the lines is another. There are plenty of ways to do it. Experiment a bit and see what you like.

As has been pointed out (and you say you are aware of), your hands need some work.
Do yourself a favour and do not let these be the parts that get left out of the drawing, or hidden behind clothes or objects. If you don't practice drawing hands, you're never going to improve them.
I would suggest making a bunch of drawings of nothing but hands. That way you don't have to worry whether they fit into a drawing.
Draw your off-hand in different positions, google some images of hands, maybe check out other artists and see what they do. I recommend Burne Hogarth, but I'm kinda biased, since I love his work.
I would say that hands should be your first priority for further practice. The girl with the hat-thing is a very nice portrait, so I wouldn't worry unless it's because you want to do more photo-realistic face sketches.

Taking your first posted picture as an example: you have some very nice line work and the proportions are good. You're doing something that a *lot* of people don't, which is remembering that skin isn't just a flat surface. If something closes tightly around it, little bulges appear (like on the hips where the panties meet them). We're skipping the hands, since I've already rambled about them. You could consider blocking in clothes in darker shades of grey, just so everything isn't "skin-coloured" (i.e. white), and maybe work in a bit of shading along some of the borders. Like where the clothes touch the skin and hence cast a shadow.
You *could* try making your overall shading a bit darker - a bit bolder - but I tend to favour heavier shading in my pictures, so it might just be that my personal preference runs darker.

Hope this isn't too much rambling for you

Most definitely not average. I think these are good. I'm just going to give you some full-on critique... If you don't want that, just know you do good stuff, and read no further (no, I won't be offended)

As ifluke said, if you're leaving stuff out op purpose, it needs to be shown somehow. Leaving some blank space around the drawing is one way. Fading out the lines is another. There are plenty of ways to do it. Experiment a bit and see what you like.

As has been pointed out (and you say you are aware of), your hands need some work.
Do yourself a favour and do not let these be the parts that get left out of the drawing, or hidden behind clothes or objects. If you don't practice drawing hands, you're never going to improve them.
I would suggest making a bunch of drawings of nothing but hands. That way you don't have to worry whether they fit into a drawing.
Draw your off-hand in different positions, google some images of hands, maybe check out other artists and see what they do. I recommend Burne Hogarth, but I'm kinda biased, since I love his work.
I would say that hands should be your first priority for further practice. The girl with the hat-thing is a very nice portrait, so I wouldn't worry unless it's because you want to do more photo-realistic face sketches.

Taking your first posted picture as an example: you have some very nice line work and the proportions are good. You're doing something that a *lot* of people don't, which is remembering that skin isn't just a flat surface. If something closes tightly around it, little bulges appear (like on the hips where the panties meet them). We're skipping the hands, since I've already rambled about them. You could consider blocking in clothes in darker shades of grey, just so everything isn't "skin-coloured" (i.e. white), and maybe work in a bit of shading along some of the borders. Like where the clothes touch the skin and hence cast a shadow.
You *could* try making your overall shading a bit darker - a bit bolder - but I tend to favour heavier shading in my pictures, so it might just be that my personal preference runs darker.

Hope this isn't too much rambling for you

Thank you very much! this is really helpful and I'll definitely start to take it more seriously and work on it, these were just rough sketches, I didn't think they were actually that good at all... I'll do some proper work soon!

clapping-gif5.gif

Beautifully done.

I am curious, have you tried using charcoal? I find it to be a much more forgiving medium when attempting those tricky shadows.

clapping-gif5.gif

Beautifully done.

I am curious, have you tried using charcoal? I find it to be a much more forgiving medium when attempting those tricky shadows.

Beauty recognizes beauty I see :D thank you!!

As for the charcoal I have not! I've been practicing shading alot trying to get it right, along with a few other techniques, I'll post more updates as they come :) hopefully I'll make some progress haha

Beauty recognizes beauty I see :D thank you!!

As for the charcoal I have not! I've been practicing shading alot trying to get it right, along with a few other techniques, I'll post more updates as they come :) hopefully I'll make some progress haha

That is all it takes. You can watch YouTube videos, there are some fantastic ones that take you step by step through planning a piece, constructing figures proportionately...blah blah blah. But at the end of the day, the technique that will work for you is the one that you inevitably find for yourself.

Will definitely keep my eye out here for your progress. :rose:

That is all it takes. You can watch YouTube videos, there are some fantastic ones that take you step by step through planning a piece, constructing figures proportionately...blah blah blah. But at the end of the day, the technique that will work for you is the one that you inevitably find for yourself.

Will definitely keep my eye out here for your progress. :rose:

if I spent half as much time researching as I did on Lit then I'd be Picasso himself, very modest. :D

but yes I'll definitely do that :)

Back