The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friends!

I'm only stopping in for a quick drink. I'm feeling a bit low. Maybe it's because i've been cooped up in the house since the 26th with two very sick kids, or maybe it's because I'm still sick myself, with the seemingly thyroid related mystery illness that no one knows what to do with. It's very frustrating. I'm tired of the fever, the swollen throat, feeling like crap every day.

Fingers crossed that I don't get what the kids have on top of it!

Well, now that I've got that off my chest, I am still hopeful for a much improved New Year.

Best wishes to you all!

What the hell? Sweetie, I thought the doc gave you the steroids to treat that? Just how much did I miss over the holidays??

I'm sorry you're still not well, shea, and I'm crossing my fingers with you that you don't catch whatever the kids have. You really don't need that.

Yes, 2014 will be much better for you, my dear. :rose:

Happy Nakey New Year, one and all. Had a quiet one, as befits one of my advancing years, but I'm down with that... I hope you all had equally pleasant ones.

Hello friends!

I'm only stopping in for a quick drink. I'm feeling a bit low. Maybe it's because i've been cooped up in the house since the 26th with two very sick kids, or maybe it's because I'm still sick myself, with the seemingly thyroid related mystery illness that no one knows what to do with. It's very frustrating. I'm tired of the fever, the swollen throat, feeling like crap every day.

Fingers crossed that I don't get what the kids have on top of it!

Well, now that I've got that off my chest, I am still hopeful for a much improved New Year.

Best wishes to you all!

I'm sorry you're still struggling with your health, sweetie. Big healing hugs for you... :rose::kiss:

Coffee!!!!! Thank you! Partied a bit hard last night. :eek:

I hope you all had a very happy New Year.

Dirty stopout! ;)

What the hell? Sweetie, I thought the doc gave you the steroids to treat that? Just how much did I miss over the holidays??

I'm sorry you're still not well, shea, and I'm crossing my fingers with you that you don't catch whatever the kids have. You really don't need that.

Yes, 2014 will be much better for you, my dear. :rose:

Hear, hear.

And nice to see you back home, honey... :)

Dammit! Coming down with a cold that's hitting me hard. I'll just stay huddled up in the corner wrapped in a blanket. :(

Dammit! Coming down with a cold that's hitting me hard. I'll just stay huddled up in the corner wrapped in a blanket. :(

In a warm room with good ventilation.
Hot water with salt, breathed in through the nose, will kill the Cold Germs in the nose.

Keep taking the tablets. . . .
:)

Good Lord, I walk into an empty bar and smell the perfume left behind as the ladies vanish.
Damn & Blast!

Rolf, please tell me; where's the coffee ?

Well, after getting to work, I get a text that the police had locked down my neighbourhood in search of an armed suspect in the woods. Several more shots were fired during the search. After several hours, the suspect was found dead in the park. Glad I wasn't home. :eek:

Christmas has passed and NOW I get started on my baking spree....

Happy Nakey New Year, one and all. Had a quiet one, as befits one of my advancing years, but I'm down with that... I hope you all had equally pleasant ones.

And nice to see you back home, honey... :)
It's sort of a toss-up, which I call home. Still, it's good to be back here. I'll be able to have my peace and quiet soon. :)

I'm with you on the benefits of a quiet NYE.

In a warm room with good ventilation.
Hot water with salt, breathed in through the nose, will kill the Cold Germs in the nose.

Keep taking the tablets. . . .
Lots of rest helps as well.

Well, after getting to work, I get a text that the police had locked down my neighbourhood in search of an armed suspect in the woods. Several more shots were fired during the search. After several hours, the suspect was found dead in the park. Glad I wasn't home. :eek:
:eek: I'm also glad you missed out on all that!

Christmas has passed and NOW I get started on my baking spree....

It's sort of a toss-up, which I call home. Still, it's good to be back here. I'll be able to have my peace and quiet soon. :)

I'm with you on the benefits of a quiet NYE.

Lots of rest helps as well.

:eek: I'm also glad you missed out on all that!

*hugs*
I hope you had a good trip and a wonderful time with the family. :rose:

Yeah, the funny thing was I heard the helicopters flying around as I was walking out the door. But was too rushed to think anything of it at the time. :rolleyes: Was a bit worried about my mom since her house is against the woods that this guy was hiding out.

I spent an interesting and amusing couple of hours with my Great-grandson today; he's one year old.
Rolf, can I have something for the bruises please?

My house quite pleasantly smells of freshly-baked chocolate cookies. What shall I prepare next...?

*hugs*
I hope you had a good trip and a wonderful time with the family. :rose:

Yeah, the funny thing was I heard the helicopters flying around as I was walking out the door. But was too rushed to think anything of it at the time. :rolleyes: Was a bit worried about my mom since her house is against the woods that this guy was hiding out.
*hugs* I had a very good time with my family, thank you, except for the persistent head/shoulder/back aches. Grrr.

Your mom's house... :eek: I'm glad they got the guy before he could do any damage.

I spent an interesting and amusing couple of hours with my Great-grandson today; he's one year old.
Rolf, can I have something for the bruises please?
HP, my dear, you're not old enough to have a great-grandson.

My house quite pleasantly smells of freshly-baked chocolate cookies. What shall I prepare next...?

HP, my dear, you're not old enough to have a great-grandson.

It's very kind of you to say so, me Dear, but the girls in my family all started somewhat early. :rose:
Care to join me in a glass of something warming ?

There! I've finally finished The Copulist Capers saga. Now to rewrite the second installment to make Merely more reluctant to marry Evangeline before succumbing to Mia's insistence (and the Archrectress' charms) and maybe the editor will say it's good to for for sale. Hopefully that will wrap up one project and I can move on to some blog entries. I can see the headlines now . . . BEAR UNABLE TO RESIST MONEY--BECOMES SLAVE TO KEYBOARD! Retirement wasn't supposed to go like this I thought.

Bear,
I'm not sure which deities a bear might find attractive for the purposes of 'worship',
but I'm, fairly confident that if you look up to the sky (or some appropriate direction) that a murmured "thank you" would be sufficient.

St Corbinian seems to be allied to a "saddled bear".

Was he Russian, by any chance?

BEAR-cavalry_500.jpg

It's very kind of you to say so, me Dear, but the girls in my family all started somewhat early. :rose:
Care to join me in a glass of something warming ?
I'd love a glass of something warming, thank you.

And yes, I just did the math. If it weren't for the fact that my niece and her husband had been so set on completing their BAs, my mother could also be a great-grandmother. Still, the thought is there. *hug*

There! I've finally finished The Copulist Capers saga. Now to rewrite the second installment to make Merely more reluctant to marry Evangeline before succumbing to Mia's insistence (and the Archrectress' charms) and maybe the editor will say it's good to for for sale. Hopefully that will wrap up one project and I can move on to some blog entries. I can see the headlines now . . . BEAR UNABLE TO RESIST MONEY--BECOMES SLAVE TO KEYBOARD! Retirement wasn't supposed to go like this I thought.
Retirement? What's that? Then again, I haven't worked in ten years, my father's chosen profession is the ultimate definition of "at the whims of the gods," and my sister... well, Mom has the only retirement plan amongst us. Lucky her.

Retirement? What's that?

Is that the time when I can keep my soldering iron hot for most of the time, drill holes in stuff and generally leave a trail of disaster behind me?

When I'm not watching TV or snoozing, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back