Solidarity among poets

AlwaysHungry

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Posts
1,512
_101155009_mediaitem101155005.jpg


Poet Dareen Tatour, a Palestinian citizen of Israel who has spent more than two years in jail or under house arrest since October 2015, was convicted on May 3, 2018 on charges of incitement to violence and support for terror organizations. On July 31, 2018 an Israeli court sentenced her to five months in jail, three months of which will be reduced due to the time she has already served. Tatour and her lawyer have stated their intent to appeal the verdict and the sentence.

Tatour was charged with inciting violence and supporting terrorism for three posts on social media. The first post on YouTube was Tatour’s reading of her poem “Resist, My People, Resist Them,” set to images of Palestinians clashing with Israeli security forces. At trial, the prosecutor attempted to prove that Tatour was not a legitimate poet, and engaged in debate over the translation of certain passages of the poem from the Arabic to Hebrew. Find out more about Dareen's case here.

Please click here to write a letter which will be sent to Dareen on your behalf. Only your first name and country will be shared on the letter.
 
Back
Top