A Place to Share Experiences.

GingerCatxx

Virgin
Joined
Oct 17, 2014
Posts
3
Hello, and thank you for viewing my post! I'm new to the boards, but not to this site. I'm also VERY new to BDSM and the D/s culture. Being the nerd that I am, I researched the lifestyle, culture, lingo, and practices before ever deciding to be involved.

Anyway, now that I've rambled, I wanted to start this thread to hear from some of you about your experiences in the lifestyle and see if anyone has any advice for a new sub, like myself.

You don't need to read all of this next part to respond, but I'm going to include more about my current situation, because I have nowhere else to share it and I'm just unbelievably excited I need to get it out!

A little about my current situation: I started looking for a Dom not too long ago through an online posting (I know, so crazy, right?!). I knew going into it to be extremely cautious, obviously, and especially of those who made demands right away. I got over 150 responses and all but 3 or 4 of them were either too short and nondescript, poorly written, or immediately demanding. One response stood out in particular because of his kindness and understanding. After emailing back and forth for a bit, he asked me if he could take me out to lunch to discuss some aspects of the lifestyle and what entails. I eagerly agreed and he ended the conversation with "Whether we continue this or not, I want you to be safe. You're a sweet girl and I don't want to see idiot guys taking advantage of you by trying to cash in on the 'Fifty Shades of Grey' phenomena" (as a side note, my interest in the lifestyle developed WELL before the book or movie). Needless to say, that statement left a good impression on me. So we met for lunch just yesterday and as far as first meetings go, it was incredible. We clicked on a personal level, we laughed harder than I have in a while, and I just felt an immediate connection with him, like we'd known each other for years. We even discovered we were both in the same theater group under the same director, just years apart. Years apart because, well, he's twice my age! Okay I'm only 20, and yes, he's 40, but I think the fact that we clicked so well just shows that I'm mature for my age. And before I get people warning me about the age difference: he works for the government and has security clearance and all that, so he is a stable, sane person. Since yesterday we've been texting a lot and we are planning to meet again to discuss the relationship more on Wednesday... if we both can wait that long!

Sorry this got lengthy, but, as I said, I have nowhere else to share my excitement so you all get the brunt of it! Thanks for reading, if you did, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences and if you all have any advice for me!
 
He's smooth. I'll give him that. Be careful. He's merely figured out what gets him in the door. He may be a genuinely nice guy and the right one for you, but don't let your guard down. Too good to be true usually is.
 
He's smooth. I'll give him that. Be careful. He's merely figured out what gets him in the door. He may be a genuinely nice guy and the right one for you, but don't let your guard down. Too good to be true usually is.

Thanks for the concern. I can see why it might come across that way, but I pride myself on being a good judge of character and I feel I've had enough experiences with meeting people online that he is genuine and sincere.
 
Back
Top