Artsy Fartsy Hong and Gusty

hongluobo said:
Thank you Ran... I am so glad that you enjoy them...

This next one is another version of the snowy night shot above... but made into something deliciously abstract

Either I'm havin a flash back or thats the water on rocks with snow turned black???
(Not a proffesional description, butt,,,,,,?????)

Fabulous idea, Hong

This is from the Nor'easter that came through on Christmas day.

I'm with Ran, I think the first bottle pictures are the best. And there is something really edgy about your photos, Hong. Very professional. I hope to learn something from them.

It's strange, but now that I have my digital (thank you Zeta and TL), I find that I'm pulling it out to shoot all kinds of things I never did before, just to see what I get.

More from the day after Christmas.

Imi said:
Fabulous idea, Hong

This is from the Nor'easter that came through on Christmas day.

spectacular pic, Imi, darlin... fits right in with the other spectacular shots on this thread...:D

roybot said:
Either I'm havin a flash back or thats the water on rocks with snow turned black???
(Not a proffesional description, butt,,,,,,?????)

that is the fun of the abstract roybot.... we all can see different things, but you are right about the water on the rocks and the black snow... and the foreground of wild grasses in the wind.. I must have negativized the pic firstly and then manipulated it from there.

not everyone in my garden likes it when it snows;)

Attachments

• oh no more snow.jpg
    oh no more snow.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 35
Imi said:
I'm with Ran, I think the first bottle pictures are the best. And there is something really edgy about your photos, Hong. Very professional. I hope to learn something from them.

It's strange, but now that I have my digital (thank you Zeta and TL), I find that I'm pulling it out to shoot all kinds of things I never did before, just to see what I get.

More from the day after Christmas.

Thanks so much Imi for you wonderful pics and compliments... I do love working on the photos and have taken so many with my regular camera, and the fun you can have with image editing!!! it's incredible. You should definitely check out some of the work I've done on my pic thread. We have had some wild times there with the pics and the creativity... and the Halloween party pics were soo soo cool and quite psychadelic....

It is amazing what you can get with the digi-cam... the blue icicle pic originally was a very dull photo.. but after lots of cropping and manipulation came out to be something very cool.... I love that process.

I took the liberty of brightening up the snow and removing some of the grey dreariness in your second photo ... no fancy manipulations or cropping... Hope you like it this way.

The 1st photo reminds me of New England

are you still on the road all the time?? will we ever going to get a pure Imi thread that show off those delightfully tasty little morsels??;)

Attachments

• woods and creek 4a.jpg
    woods and creek 4a.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
So that's where Mr. Bill went

hongluobo said:
that is the fun of the abstract roybot.... we all can see different things, but you are right about the water on the rocks and the black snow... and the foreground of wild grasses in the wind.. I must have negativized the pic firstly and then manipulated it from there.

not everyone in my garden likes it when it snows;)
He moved to China and is studying Kung Fu at the Shaolin temple... Sluggo better start worrying :)

hongluobo said:
will we ever going to get a pure Imi thread that show off those delightfully tasty little morsels??;)

Nope. Sorry. I would love to, but there is RL consequences to consider. I really want to, but I'm a worrier and I've worked too hard to get where I am to lose it because someone can't separate fun from work. I can but a lot of people can't. Just ask Gary Hart.

Imi said:
Nope. Sorry. I would love to, but there is RL consequences to consider. I really want to, but I'm a worrier and I've worked too hard to get where I am to lose it because someone can't separate fun from work. I can but a lot of people can't. Just ask Gary Hart.

I totally understand Imi.... thanks so much for popping into my other thread.... I have got to get back to working on my other photography here...

Am glad you enjoyed that shot Cyberguy... he is actually beating a drum with a big smile on his face during the summer.

time for some more pics... we have 3 wheeled motorcycle taxi's with wooden benches in the rural areas outside of Beijing.. the afternoon winter light was so soft and radiant... took a whole bunch of shots that day...and here is one

Attachments

• your taxi awaits you 2p.jpg
    your taxi awaits you 2p.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 31
another snowy night

soft fluffy snow at night is just so magical and transforms our garden into a wonderland

Attachments

• four tree night p.jpg
    four tree night p.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 26
winter light

have several versions of this next shot... this one is the original

Attachments

• winter trees 2p.jpg
    winter trees 2p.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 23
and this one is a vibrant rendering.... that's it for tonight.. will do more later this week.

Attachments

• winter trees 6p.jpg
    winter trees 6p.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
hmmm, this thread is certainly slowing down...

oh well... shadows of willow trees at dusk on the wall... reaching up to the.......

Attachments

• willow shadow wall p.jpg
    willow shadow wall p.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 20
as the security guards change their shift.... no one is out on this bitter cold winter afternoon...

well, except some crazy photographer..... brrrrrrrr

Attachments

• security guards.jpg
    security guards.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 23
Slowing down????
Me thinks its just tryin to catch up with you. No offense!!, I just dont seem to have enough time in a day to goof off at my puter, do my rl stuff on it & work for a living.
(ohh yeah, & get hounded by the lady & daughter)
My hats OFF to you dude!!!!
I dont know how you fit it all in. (the girls probably say that too)

& let me say that, the winter pics, certainly have beauty of there own. & let me remind everyone I live where everything blooms almost year round. I visit north every xmas. & during the drive up north, It took a few trips to realize the difference in colors. ON THE WAY!! The dulling of the green of the leaves, then darkening of grass,tree limbs missing leaves, brown grass.
& depending on your mood, its really beautiful or,,,,

Well I rambled,,, gotta get along :cool:

Wow!

More great stuff! And another photographer in the mix now, too. Very nice images from Imi as well. Keep it up and don't worry about it slowing down. :)

hongluobo said:
and this one is a vibrant rendering.... that's it for tonight.. will do more later this week.

hong... this one I simply love... that is certainly something to hang in the living room... great work, my dear...:D

:rose: :kiss:

Thanks so much Roy, MrGreen and Fluffer... will have to do some more this weekend... and Fluff, I do love that one to...

Oh wow, these are incredible pictures. You ceratinly are talented.

Thanks Shingen....all of your comments make this thread worth while...

and Thank You bad kitty ( I must admit I opened this post with some trepidation, after hearing a teeny bit about your bite ;))

I thought I might just post something to dispell those Winter blues... from a warmer time of year... will post more tomorrow.

Attachments

• butterfly and fly.jpg
    butterfly and fly.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 22
hongluobo said:
Thanks Shingen....all of your comments make this thread worth while...

and Thank You bad kitty ( I must admit I opened this post with some trepidation, after hearing a teeny bit about your bite ;))

I thought I might just post something to dispell those Winter blues... from a warmer time of year... will post more tomorrow.

gorgeous hong... that one warmed me right up... almost forgot it's winter...:D

:kiss: :rose:

Some of these are masterful.

Seriously.

The first bottle shots are exquisite. Truly. I can't emphasize it enough.

Keep playing around with your light, and perhaps you will come up with some more masterworks. I'll anxiously await them.

MissVictoria said:
Some of these are masterful.

Seriously.

The first bottle shots are exquisite. Truly. I can't emphasize it enough.

Keep playing around with your light, and perhaps you will come up with some more masterworks. I'll anxiously await them.

thanks MV... am so glad you posted (does this make 4 this week;))

I have so many taken with my regular SLR with gorgeous light that I have to scan someday... oh but too organize it all.... but it is cool to take pics now with my digital for this thread... and hopefully I will luck out with some more like them...

In the meantime, here is something peaceful and beautiful for you my friend...

Attachments

• kuan yin p.jpg
    kuan yin p.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 23
Back