2017 NaNoWriMo support thread

Hi all!

Checking into this thread.

I am writing on paper, but my current estimate is 16k words.

That's not the best of prospects...:-(

Anyone else falling a bit behind?
 
Hi all!

Checking into this thread.

I am writing on paper, but my current estimate is 16k words.

That's not the best of prospects...:-(

Anyone else falling a bit behind?

Yes. Six days of grandchildren has had a disastrous impact on my NaNoWriMo output.

But whatever you write for NaNo, even if you don't reach the 50,000 words, you have an achievement. If you don't reach the target you can think about WHY you didn't - but you still have whatever you have written.
 
Yes. Six days of grandchildren has had a disastrous impact on my NaNoWriMo output.

But whatever you write for NaNo, even if you don't reach the 50,000 words, you have an achievement. If you don't reach the target you can think about WHY you didn't - but you still have whatever you have written.

And I am 10k words into White Christmas now. Such a fun story it almost writes itself. Blood Sacrifice is firing along too. Lots of demons and sex. Working on Mistaken Identity when I need a break. On a roll and loving it..... just wish I could type faster, My brain keeps tripping over my fingers....
 
Finished!
50,203 words!

I have two weeks of now working on dirty stories!!

And yes, I'll add those counts to the total.
 
Afraid I've fallen woefully behind, been a rough past week. Not sure I can catch up. I thnk I need to focus on picking a writing project and finishing it. The one with a deadline comes first. :rolleyes:
 
Afraid I've fallen woefully behind, been a rough past week. Not sure I can catch up. I thnk I need to focus on picking a writing project and finishing it. The one with a deadline comes first. :rolleyes:

You are not alone. This weekend my 30 November deadline comes first.
 
I've stopped counting for NaNo but I wrote a 3,600 word story today for the Winter Holiday contest. I'm probably on target but what matters more is that I have finished three stories and added significantly to six others.
 
Finally surrendered to the Gremlins of NaNoWriMo...
I am having some success with a winter contest entry. Again, thanks with thanks to my right hand.
 
From Grammarly today:

Holy Toledo! We did the math and you had 105,803 words checked by Grammarly over the last four weeks. Great job!

I don't use Grammarly when writing stories. ;)

But my total story writing so far this month is just over 60,000.

You used more unique words than 98% of Grammarly users - 1489

Maybe that's why my stories get low rated. Anon can't understand them. :rolleyes:
 
I've lost count but it's been crazy. My 8k short story is 10k, due tomorrow and I've only just started on the sex and violence. Serious editing tomorrow but it's good. Really good violence and demonically hot sex. The sword stuff... to finish, perchance to finish... and my other story is at 45k and half done. I like the pace though. Going to try and do this for December too.
 
Finished NaNo, but not my story. Just verified in at 52, 046 words. Half is garbage and the story is only half finished, so lots of editing and more writing to turn it into something readable. There are a few decent stories mixed in there though, so all in all, it was a productive November!
 
I didn't compete officially. I did that in 2003 when I wrote, edited and posted on Literotica - before the end of November - the complete 12 part Flawed Red Silk set of stories.

But I wrote 62,000 story words in November and according to Grammarly 120,000 words mainly on Literotica posts and community matters.

Congratulations to all those who completed their 50,000. Congratulations also to those who didn't but managed to be more productive because of NaNoWriMo.
 
Well, I got my short story ("Blood Sacrifice") off in time so all in all it was a successful month. Just hope now it's what they were looking for but I guess I'll find out soon enough. Now, on to finish my novella and get that in.
 
I got completely derailed.
On the plus side I did what was considered an incredible job at my non writing jobs
On the negative side it cost me all my writing time, so not such a good job there
On the plus side I did get well over 10,000 words down for my newest novel so I'll take the plusses over the minuses.
Congrats to all writers!
 
I got completely derailed.

On the plus side I did get well over 10,000 words down for my newest novel. . .

That's about what I accomplished. When the first story didn't flow well, I had another to work on. Altogether, I ended up with close to 12k word. That's 12k more than I wrote the month before. :)
 
NaNoWriMo may have finished nearly a month ago.

You should be editing the pile of words you wrote in November.

But - remember that NaNoWriMo is a non-profit organisation. It does good work around the world by encouraging people to write. If you can afford it, a small donation to keep NaNoWriMo going would be appreciated. In the US it is tax-deductible.

Happy Christmas!
 
Back
Top