The Assassin's unexpected Prize (closed)

Jack startled slightly as she laughed, then smiled widely, god, she had a beautiful laugh, although he still glared at the AI for the comments, rubbing his face he turned to look back at Taylanna, You did mute him after all but why not come out and say it “yea, I suppose, I had that coming, but still, “ he flipped the AI the finger “Back on earth, we didn’t just outright ask “Hey you wanna fuck?” to someone you were interested in, unless it was a hooker, we spent time getting to know our potential partner, or spouse, or friend, before sex was involved, “ he looked around “I might have been an asshole on earth, I was never that rude, and I didn’t want to find myself spaced because you’d gotten pissed if I made a move on you, so…”he shrugged good naturedly “I thought actually spending the time to get to know you, get to know who you were and the customs that are still foreign to me, before I found someone to share the bed with”
 
Interesting... for us it is more survival. We are asked to attack a rival planet or kingdom or pride whatever the race calls their family unit. Claiming members of our choice for our divisions or accepting payment of warriors for our respective divisions. Sex is merely to enhance the bloodline of the division for us. Those brought in a to the blood gifts and those born expand those divisions by creating their own always loyal to the parent division.

Taylanna shrugs
 
Jack blinked stupidly for a moment, not understanding a word she'd just said, while he understood some of what she said it still caused him to scratch his head, "well, on earth men and women sleep together usually for the pleasure and the companionship of it, or to scratch a Mutual need, ". jack thought about it for a bit "well, there used to be the practice of arranged marriage, basically a family would Marry off a daughter, or a family member to another family for some gain, usually financial, or for land, or services, so I suppose it would make sense it would still be around now, ". He shrugged again as he contemplated things, then shook his head "well, I've never participated in anything like that, me, I just enjoy the sex," his lips twitched briefly as he ran his hand through his cropped hair, he really was out of his element now, any semblance of a plan, or even current intentions derailed by that fucking computer, and having gotten skewed off to this weird tangent of a conversation he wasn't quite sure what to do now, his lust had cooled as the adrenaline rush had worn off. "I'm......sorry......uhhhh.......yea......I think I'll go get cleaned up, I'm sure you don't want to smell sweaty male anymore then I want to smell myself" he half joked with a chuckle
 
You are confused? I can smell the confusion.

She shrugged it was never stated by me that mating was not done for fun there are places for both men or women or others to indulege in temporary connection.

She shrugged.

Do you wish to contribute to a division? I have had little reason not drive to create one as most are unnerved or troubled by my unique advancements from all normal tests and trials ever division puts their young through. I was beating such tests at...

She looked to Carvagio who answered

Your father told me levels you completed far earlier than you should were normally not given even to males untill they were in their late human teen yrs and you defeated such tests and trials at 12... Rotations... Years to humans
 
You are confused? I can smell the confusion. It was never stated by me that mating was not done for fun there are places for both men or women or others to indulege in temporary connection.. Jack laughed, turning back to face her "confused, some, just had to think on it a minute, language barrier again, but I understand it now, " he stated, laughing at the last part of her statement "100 years later and a huge leap in evolution and Bordello's are still a thing?" He chuckle, her smile returning as he relaxed again, hands tucked into the pockets of his pants as he leaned against the bulkhead, although her next words almost caused him to fall over, like an old earth anime show he would have hit the ground face first and leg twitching in embarassment Do you wish to contribute to a division?. He sputtered then cleared his throat "ahhhh, start a division? " he chuckled, half out of shock, the other half from sheer disbelief "uhhhh no, not sure I'm readying for "that" step in my life, but since being blunt seems to work best, you're the first female I've even been close too in over a hundred and some years, and that's not flattering in itself I know, we've been running together for the last few months and I like you, Yea, I would love to uhh, mate, with you are Car puts it, you're Strong, fearless, and take no bullshit, it's a turn on...."

He smiled as she watched him, continuing to explain her upbringing he finally laughed "Take a breath Captian Jesus Christ, " he laughed again "I don't care about any of that, or what those moron's you call a family think, I think you're perfect the way you are, and honestly you all fanged out and winged, Christ, you're fucking smoking hot, right out of my hottest sci-fy dreams "
 
Carvagio chimes in.

Observation deck alpha has been restored to it's luxury liner days follow the the the blue let paths to your destination... Both of you... NOW!
 
Observation deck alpha has been restored to it's luxury liner days, follow the the the blue let paths to your destination... Both of you... NOW!. Jack blinked, an eyebrow peaking up as he stared at the Ai "issuing orders now? Do I need to mute you again loud mouth?" He quipped, "all the time I've spent wandering this ship how did I not realize there was a lounge?" He looked to Taylanna, "is there at least a bar? I could use a drink. Shall we?" He tilted his head in the direction Car was taking them
 
Observation lounge is simply an area those who used this as a luxury liner could observe stars and such that is all.

She shrugged following the lit Halls

Car explain recommendation for going to the old observation decks?

Car turned.

I believe the human word is romance..
 
Car explain recommendation for going to the old observation decks? Jack glanced to Taylanna, then to Car, also curious as to why they were being ushered to a part of the ship he’d not known existed, but the smirk on the AI’s face had him wondering if it was such a good thing after all, as he clarified I believe the human word is romance.. That caught him by surprise, Romance? Really? Sighing and rolling his eyes they made their way up to the observation platform, looking around at the modest décor and nearly antique furniture, he was mildly surprised at the view of the starfield from the view ports. Finding a cosy looking lounger he sat with a sigh “I suppose, this isn’t so bad, curious you never showed it to me before “ he commented, still taking in the finery, before giving a gentle smile to her.
 
There are many places on the ship that no longer offer viable function to the current existence of the time.

Taylanna shrugged but walked around as she studied the strange furnishings.

I will leave you two alone for now.

Car spoke one last time before vanishing as did the external plating of the ship as it seemed to slide back on itself revealing an unhindered view of the skies.

That I did not know was possible

She raised a brow and reaching to touch the was she could feel the energy but was not given a jolt for it.

Interesting
 
There are many places on the ship that no longer offer viable function to the current existence of the time. Jack nodded, he could honestly understand that given their current limited means and scrounging, reaching into his pocket he pulled out a deck of cards and began shuffling, a habit he’d once had back on earth. After a hundred years his card skills were a bit rusty, watching as Car left, arching a brow as he watched the wall slide back into place “wow, nice trick” he smiled as he watched Taylanna wander around checking things out, smiling as she touched the structural field. “it’s a lot more intense then the fields we’d manage to create, its an atmospheric shield array, “ he looked around as he stood up and walked to her, brushing his hand over the field himself “we had them on sub orbital transports on earth, they were supported but a retractable bulkhead in case of power failure” he smiled, looking out into the stars, exhaling with a relaxed sigh “Id always loved staring at the stars when I was young, its why I jumped at the chance to get on one of the colony ships, I’d always wanted to explore”
 
She turned to look at him her head tilted a little.

You wanted to travel to space. What were you expecting to find
 
You wanted to travel to space. What were you expecting to find Jack looked to her, before turning his gaze back out to the stars “Yea, we had dreams about the stars, movies, we thought the stars would hold new worlds were we could prosper and grow as a race, the earth was dying, over population, famine, war’s. lack of resources. We all had different views about what we would find, how we would live if we found a new world, what advances we’d be able to make.” He turned to look around, waving his arms around the ship “this ship while seeming simpler in design, is far more advanced then what we ever had, we had developed AI, intuitive computer programs, but nothing as complicated as what Car is.” He looked at her, his smile softening “what about you, you ever have hopes? Dreams? Fantasy’s?”
 
The divisions all had one goal. To be the best highest paid most sought after for employment... before that soldiers were the title of many of them then tossed aside to form the divisions now survival is all we want.

She shrugged
 
The divisions all had one goal. To be the best, highest paid, most sought after for employment... before that soldiers were the title of many of them then tossed aside to form the divisions now survival is all we want. Jack considered, glancing over to look at her, “but didn’t you ever want more then that? To make more of your life than what other people told you what to be?” he asked quietly “although to be honest, considering what I did for a living before getting this gig I get it, I was a hunter too on Earth,” he smiled at the memory, “I had this one target, he’d killed 32 people, I picked up the bounty, took me nearly a year to track him. He was smart, and lethal, every time I got close he’d just barely slip away, then I caught up to him, trying to cross the border into Canada, “ he held up his arm, pulling his shirt sleeve to reveal the long scar down the length of his arm “he damn near gutted me, it was a brutul fight and Doctor’s feared I’d loose all use of my arm after the surgery to fix the damage, but I got him with a well timed and hidden grenade/landmine id set up blew both his legs clean off” he smiled “paid well enough I suppose” he smiled more as he looked to her again
 
She lifted up her shirt and revealed the scars of two jaw marks on either side of her body.

Calisar hound unleashed on miners who tried to fight for improved living conditions
 
Jack’s eyes widened slightly as he saw the bite marks, giving a low whistle “Calisar hound?” he inquired, “I got bit like that by a rottweiler once, big breed of dog back on earth, nearly tore out my calf muscle” he chuckled “this conversation going to turn into you show me yours ill show you mine?” he waggled his eyebrows, unable to help the teasing, but found himself relaxing with her, finally finding some common ground, and feeling comfortable enough around her to want to talk about the past. He quieted for a bit, shuffling the deck of cards in his hand idly, flipping random cards and doing minor card tricks in the companionable silence “do you play? Cards?” he paused “well, I suppose Poker is out, you know any good card games? I used to be a hell of a card sharp” he looked to her, his smile softening some
 
She looked at him confused.

Card games?

Car had left a way to get word to him in silence through one of the implants he could not remove in case of danger.

Division children are taught combat from the time they are old enough to sit up. Their only games are the sparring you two have already done. She has seen children playing as there is no use to train any more but she has no personal concept of it to reference

You mean like the running through the stations after each other they do now but out here in our Oblivion?

Taylanna continued
 
Jack winced slightly at the hum in his ear, rubbing his ear lobe as he wondered when Car had managed to access his audio implant, Division children are taught combat from the time they are old enough to sit up. Their only games are the sparring you two have already done. She has seen children playing as there is no use to train any more but she has no personal concept of it to reference. Running a hand over his face he returned to shuffling his cards, a gentle smile on his face as he thought about things, smiling as Taylanna practically repeated what Car had just transmitted to him You mean like the running through the stations after each other they do now but out here in our Oblivion?. He laughed gently and nodded "yea, something like that, hell, even as a child I don't remember being able to have Time to play or enjoy my alone time." He patted the seat next to him "come on, let me teach you a new game, It's Called poker, it's an old earth game, dating back hundreds of years itself, since really for "fun" all we currently have is Fighting or fucking" he grinned wickedly at the suggestion "not that I don't find interesting either, but maybe it's time to help you expand your knowledge, like you've been helping me do"
 
Yes... let us learn this poker game...

She studied the cards trying to possibly find other use for items like that if they found more

This should be... interesting
 
Yes... let us learn this poker game... This should be... interesting Jack laughed, sitting back at the skepticism in her voice he couldn’t help it. He saw that calculated look in her eyes as she stared at the cards “I can see you thinking, “ he said, his head cocked and he showed up, flipping and twirling cards between his fingers, shuffling the deck again and again and laying out cards, as he began his lessons, explaining the cards to her, their purpose and suits. Over the next 2 hours they talked as he explained the games to her, Poker and Black Jack even solitare and other single use games for when youre alone. Getting up more then once as he found the bar and got drinks, eventually he sat back, sharing a couch with her as hey talked about random subjects and she asked him questions about his past.
 
She was slowly becoming more curious how single bloods lived before as he was the first she had ever truly met.

How did they live? Had they known there was no way of survival would they have left their planet?
 
How did they live? Had they known there was no way of survival would they have left their planet?. Jack half smiled, he was happy to see her relaxed, and asking questions. Until now it had really only been him seeking answers, and it was obvious that she was genuinely curious about his own past and history. He thought for a while on it as he shuffled the deck and dealt out the cards "a lot choose to live much as you have done, solitary, no family or friends, Things were......similar in some aspects, and very different in others" he said "We had our criminals, loaners, people who just wanted to be left alone to scour and scavenge for what they needed. But there Was very much a divide, those who held power, and those who didn't. Greed, hatred, apathy, " he sighed "when the resources on earth began to become scarce it triggered territory wars, and wars that emcompassed the earth as those in power tried to convince others why "they" should be the ones to rule we'd moved away from Fossil fuels and had discovered crystal based fusion to power cities and projects" he grew quiet as his eyes unfocused, remembering "For centuries our best scientists warned we were quickly out pacing earths capacity to support life and we had to find alternatives, but human greed won all". He shrugged and sighed, switching out cards in his hand

"Had we have left? Maybe? Maybe not? It's hard to tell, there'd been cries for years, we had the technology to move on and explore, while others fought the unknown, a Civil war was looming, as resources dwindled people rebelled, and some of the richest amongst us took steps to preserve life, and he gained ground in his cause to build the colony ships, most signed on not caring one way or another if they survived, they just wanted to get away, start over, or die. It was Chaos.." He sighed " I fold" he said laying his cards down,

"In Fighting and lack of strong dedicated leadership killed my planet, I would like to believe that at least one other ship survived somewhere out there, but for now, if or when that day ever comes, at least you haven't killed me, or stuck me in a zoo" he grinned,
 
She listened unable to relate to most of it. She guessed the soldiers and snipers that created her kinds would relate. Their loyalty used then tossed aside to form the now "civilized" systems. Abandoning them to the edges and garlands.

Not too terribly different I guess.
 
Jack smiled then laughed as he saw the blank look on her face even as she agreed with him, Not too terribly different I guess. he just shrugged and sat back in his seat, his arm slung relaxed over the chair as he “something more to drink?” he asked as he got up, stretching and twisting his back a few light pops he moved to the bar and perused the selection and and picked what looked and smelled like a whiskey and two glasses
 
Back
Top