What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made me smile/laugh today? See above post! Thanks... I needed that.

Last edited:
This all started when Faith's head coach, Kris Hogan, wanted to do something kind for the Gainesville team. Faith had never played Gainesville, but he already knew the score. After all, Faith was 7-2 going into the game, Gainesville 0-8 with 2 TDs all year. Faith has 70 kids, 11 coaches, the latest equipment and involved parents. Gainesville has a lot of kids with convictions for drugs, assault and robbery—many of whose families had disowned them—wearing seven-year-old shoulder pads and ancient helmets.

Life of Reilly​

There are some games in which cheering for the other side feels better than winning.

I put the headline and the link to the whole story at the bottom for a reason.

He got the job and we got the apartment. It's movin' time, folks! Real soon! :)

This all started when Faith's head coach, Kris Hogan, wanted to do something kind for the Gainesville team. Faith had never played Gainesville, but he already knew the score. After all, Faith was 7-2 going into the game, Gainesville 0-8 with 2 TDs all year. Faith has 70 kids, 11 coaches, the latest equipment and involved parents. Gainesville has a lot of kids with convictions for drugs, assault and robbery—many of whose families had disowned them—wearing seven-year-old shoulder pads and ancient helmets.

Life of Reilly​

There are some games in which cheering for the other side feels better than winning.

I put the headline and the link to the whole story at the bottom for a reason.

Oh my. This did not make me smile/laugh. It caused happy tears. I was avoiding this on Reddit because I knew this would open floodgates. It's a great warm, fuzzy.

This photo of Nelson was on Facebook today. I love living in a place that makes me happy just looking at it. :rose:

552561_437500119618925_2064327638_n.jpg

Also, on my way downtown two days ago, I passed a guy dressed as a banana, riding his bike. It says something that I wasn't shocked, nor were the other passersby. I just thought, "I love this place." :D

8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 8. Wow. Kinda epic for me given how things have been lately... So grateful and happy. Great way to start my Friday. :)

And Congratulations to Seela too! :)

I have been invited to write guest posts on two different spec fiction blogs! :D

Ahem...

SQUEE!!

Great! Glad you had a good night; that's a precursor to a good day!

Well, so far its been better than Sunday morning pancakes. Clear headed and refreshed is such a better way to start the day... Really, the relief alone makes me so happy that I could just cry. TGIF! :D

Well, so far its been better than Sunday morning pancakes. Clear headed and refreshed is such a better way to start the day... Really, the relief alone makes me so happy that I could just cry. TGIF! :D
Smiles with a hint of tears in the eyes are sometimes bittersweet, sometimes sweet with just enough of the bitter, and either is enough to make one appreciate the sweetness all the more. TGIF and hopes for a weekend even better! :rose:

This photo of Nelson was on Facebook today. I love living in a place that makes me happy just looking at it. :rose:

552561_437500119618925_2064327638_n.jpg

Also, on my way downtown two days ago, I passed a guy dressed as a banana, riding his bike. It says something that I wasn't shocked, nor were the other passersby. I just thought, "I love this place." :D

*Drool*

Also, you have been selected to write guest posts in the "Boring" thread. You're welcome.

8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 8. Wow. Kinda epic for me given how things have been lately... So grateful and happy. Great way to start my Friday. :)

Told you. Cough syrup and CSPAN.

This looks like a landscape from a fantasy poster. Gorgeous but I'm not sure it's real.

That even though I broadcast my bitchy moodiness to all I came in contact with, a lot of people attempted to make me smile.

Back in August, during a Springfield City Council public
hearing on amending the city's nondiscrimination ordinance to include
sexual orientation and gender identity protections, Rev. Phil Snider of the
Brentwood Christian Church lashed out at the council for "inviting the
judgement of God upon our land" by making "special rights for gays and
lesbians."

He goes on to invoke the bible and morality and the end of days a few more
times before suddenly appearing to lose his train of thought.

And then something pretty amazing happens.​

You can see it here.

Back in August, during a Springfield City Council public
hearing on amending the city's nondiscrimination ordinance to include
sexual orientation and gender identity protections, Rev. Phil Snider of the
Brentwood Christian Church lashed out at the council for "inviting the
judgement of God upon our land" by making "special rights for gays and
lesbians."

He goes on to invoke the bible and morality and the end of days a few more
times before suddenly appearing to lose his train of thought.

And then something pretty amazing happens.​

You can see it here.

So sly and satisfying it had me crinkly-grinned at the end.

You are on a roll, SW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back