The China Pearl Inn (part 5)

cgraven

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Posts
62,520
The China Pearl Inn

Once again it seems it is time to breath life into the Old China Pearl Inn. I have been asked to restart a very old thread here at Lit. A thread that went back as Far as 2001 and was wiped out by a hacker several months ago. The China Pearl Inn is a place to come and relax, a bit of RPing and a bit of OCC. All are welcome so for all the old China hands who asked for the Inn back this is for you. For all you shy readers who are longing to get your feet wet in role playing come along and have a drink on the house.

In a place far away, in the distant land of China, along a now long forgotten coast set high on a hill over looking the fishing village, just under the watchful eye of the China Pearl Light lays an Inn. She has seen grander days when the silk trade was king, but now lies in the backwaters of time. The wounds of the First World War are still fresh and many a man and woman are searching for something, a certain something one can not quite define. An old sailor that has seen much too much of war and lives torn apart has found this long forgotten Inn. If one closes ones eyes and lets their imagination run free an image slowly begins to take shape in the mind’s eye.

The China Pearl Inn gates stand open and just beyond lies the court yard, a vision out of a China that exists now only in memory. The teak doors stand open, mystical symbols imploring the household gods to protect this place and all who seek shelter here. The bar is a hodge podge of eastern and western influences, the bar Philippine mahogany well worn by time, the floors of oiled teak, and a coffee pot sits at the end of the bar, the rich sensual aroma fills the air. From the kitchen comes the clanging and clattering of pots and pans and the irreverent voice of the cook can be heard load and clear as he chastises the scullery maid. The rich exotic aroma of foods so strange and yet so familiar teases the senses.

“My name is C G Raven sometimes bar tender, sometimes rough and proprietor of the china Pearl Inn. Let your mind wander, paint the picture of this little Inn in your minds eye. Come relax and enjoy the company of your fellow travelers. Get your feet wet in the world of role playing, tell a saucy tale or just sit and visit with friends.”

I pour myself a mug of coffee and lace it liberally with B&B

“Phoo Ming you old bandit anything to eat?”
__________________
 
Last edited:
The day has dawned cold a dreary, a slate grey skies, wet leaves scattered around the court yard the well worn cobble stones shimmer with last night's rain and the air has the smell of fall to it.

I think back over all the guys and gals that have passed through the doors of the Inn. Some for just a bit and other who have graced the Inn with their presence for years. I smile and take a long luxurious sip of my coffee and blow a kiss to the rafter and the redheaded Nymph that haunts them. I blow a kiss to the deepest shadows in the corner and the shy young Miss That makes her home there.



Morning to friends old and dear and to new friends not met yet.;)
 
Last edited:
The elf strows through the door. It seems yet again as if the pearl has undergone another remodeling. "I like what you've done to the place sir." He greets CG laying a hand on the sailor's shoulder. "Its nice to put a fresh coat of paint on the wals, polish the bar top and steam clean god knows what out of those couches." he says with a chuckle. "Forgive me for not stopping by sooner, the real world had me by my tender places today. But it looks like now I have some time to finally relax."
 
I enter the Inn after a full weekend. It was a long journey, and I think I may have gotten lost, but fortunately a helpful message from the skies guided my way. I look around and find the familiar surroundings have been refreshed but maintain their character and ambiance.

I mix a drink and greet some familiar faces.

"Hey CG, glad I found the new digs! Glad, as always sir, ,it good to see you."
 
"And you HF... spring cleaning in the fall looks like." he says with a wink.
 
Indeed it does sir... though I do like the improvements CG has made to the place. I fear I can't stay long. I have a busy day tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep, but I'll be back. Bright eyed and bushy tailed. ;)
 
"As will I sir, back to studying for me." He sits down and ponders writing he owes, thinking he may be too tired to do it.
 
Morning Glad Good to see you have found your way to the Inn's new location.

H F yes we have given the Inn a good scrubbing. ;)

The poor old Inn has had a troubled past. I first started the China Pearl Inn back in late 2001. We have been deleted, hacked, and moved, now a couple of times moved, but we are still hanging in there.

Coffee gentlemen?
 
"I did, thank you for the pm sir, it was most kind of you. I might suggest also that you pm, whichever person created the faq thread (I think it was britt? I don't remember) for the pearl is linked in that thread, it may be good to have that link updated to the new one for any newcomers who may want to find the light of the inn."

"Green tea sir, if that's available. I cannot believe I slept for 12 hours, I must have needed it.
 
Well Glad as you are familiar with the thread perhaps you could mention it to her.

A teasing smile as I pour the elf lord his tea.

A way to healthy day spent hiking through my White Mountains Glad. ;)
 
I may be able to do that." he nods.

He accepts the Tea with a smile cradling the warmth it offers between his palms. "I have completed half the work I intended to accomplish today, so I am not doing too badly."
 
Well that only leaves you half to go Glad. Well done.

I do hope our lovely young ladies will be able to find us anew Glad.
 
"Yes, closing in on 3 fourths done now." he smiles.

"Oh I concur cg, ladies are always more than welcome."
 
Finished with his dinner, Glad sits down to listen to some music and relax after a long day of studying.
 
I do miss the young ladies Glad.

A soft smile as I pour my morning coffee.

I do hope angel is feeling better and that Miss Mari is not swamped with work.

My thoughts once more turn to Yeishia as I look towards her shadowed corner.
 
"I have faith they will all return when rl, that cruel mystress sees fit to let them." he chuckles as he leans back in his seat, his notebook open, back to studying as he sips his Tea.
 
Ah yes RL what a cruel Mistress she can be Elf Lords study and tend to chores when they would rather be writing. :rolleyes:
 
I stretch in the late afternoon sun. the gathering purples and reds of the fading day already color the muted horizon in my White Mountains. Soon it will be time for supper, soon the gathering clouds will bring rain. The scent of balsam, hemlock, and pine fill the air along with the damp aroma of the forest from earlier rains today. Damn but I love it. :D
 
I enter the Inn after a long day and make my way to the bar for a drink. I mix up a libation and make my way to the reupholstered chairs over by the couches and grab a seat to think and write.

"Good evening to any and all who may be about."
 
A hand waves from the depths of the oversized recliner. "I finally caught up on the two posts I owed, as a break from studying." The elf sits up lowering the foot rest, "Awesome things these recliners... I think I'm going soft... hmmmm interesting dilemma."

"And how are you HF?"
 
Laughing as I see the elf emerge from his reclined state of musing.

"I'm doing OK, Glad.. I actually finished a post I was woefully behind on as well and am just working on some ongoing projects." I take a sip and am ready for another libation. "I'm getting a refill, can I get you anything from the bar? The nice thing about the move is, everything has an unbroken or recently broken seal!" Smiling as I make my way to the bar.
 
"Shnops and orange juice." he requests as he stretches. "It feels good to be caught up. I did a mini practice quiz tonight, and I passed, it was only 25 questions when the actual exam is like 300 but still some practice is better than none."
 
"Schnapps and OJ it is sir! Coming right up." Handing the elf his beverage. "I've found that the Official practice quizzes are a good indicator of the real deal." Finishing my own drink as the hour grows late, "And I'm happy you did well, I know you've been working very hard for this. I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors. Sadly it's time for me to hit the sheets. Another long day in front of me and a short night to get there. Enjoy sir, and I'm glad... no pun intended... you're writing again and can hang out as well. I'm sure we'll run into each other again tomorrow... Nite."
 
he smiles in the morning, reading HF's post, "Thank you sir. I only got 80% correct but that's a passing score so tthere haha." he chuckles, "Thank you. I have worked hard indeed, although admitedly I could have been studying harder, oh well."
 
80% Well done Glad. It seems that all your studying is paying some dividends.

Coffee or Tea?

I ask the Elf Lord.

An 80 is nothing to sneeze at.
 
Back
Top