Tigrans' Revenge

All,
Suggested battle events ...

Bug infantry attacks after the bombardment. The attack is on both flanks ... and up the middle (the ditch)

On the right flank the 600 bugs approach through dense jungle, steep and rocky slopes. The dug in tigrans are waiting and ready! (failed attack ... inset character here ... i might use queen shella ... if necessary)

At the main defensive line … the demons advanced through a knee-deep swamp waters directly at the blocking force. The narrow ditch Sir Hild had found. A small wall has been hastily put together and defenders hide behind it. Big battle here ... i figure our deathsknight is here (Sir Hild) but does not have to be ... anyhow the first attacks are defeated ... but then the harvester bugs show up ... (mounted bugs too) and tigrans need to give ground (mirri shows up to help)... finally they heroically triggering the rock slides ...buying time ... (killing the harvester bugs)

On the left flank … the bugs crossed difficult terrain that has steep cliffs and scattered with huge rocks. Lord Haki blocking force did not have time to build many defensive structures … so they are forced to fire from behind trees and rocks. they hold the line ... but just barely ... also use up all their arrows.

Tigran forces retreat up the mountain after the rock slide ... good guy tigran show up ...and attack from the rear ... all bugs dead ...!!


this is just a suggestion .. if you wish a different sequence please let me know.
Thanks
 
sounds good. I can post for Mirri in the middle for full attack if need be. Big battle as first post then seeing harvester bugs coming. Second post fighting but loosing ground then retreating until bugs in position and activating rock slide killing the Harvester's but not getting all the mounted bugs.

I would also post for Skadu. Have him find the tail end of the advancing forces and follow. Find where they split up and wait. Then when Commander Haku catches up suggest splitting forces into three one claw for each flank and rest up the middle. Scouts to guide the flanks.
This is the mop up opperation. Would take three posts.
1) the catch up by Skadu and wait
2) the split up and pursuit
3) the battles and defeat of left over bugs
 
ok, I posted.

I added a bit to the tent stabbing scene. (Demon POV) I just love it when a bad guy is bragging and is all arrogant ... and a sword appears out of his mouth. LOL ... iknow i'm really a sick person!!


Anyhow ... deathsknight ... I hope the scene with ... good old baddie ... Ikalaz is ok ... for the storyline ... I thought it was important for Queen Shella to help out a bit ... but he is all yours now!!

Enjoy.
 
Yhink I will give death a chance to post before I have mirri and skadu wrap up the survivors.
Concentrated arrow fire on the charging mounted bugs is easy for skadu. Then they can fire into rear ranks of ones attacking mirris forces.

Mirri has about 700 troops left I think so 200 archers to brain bugs first should sort them out quick. Then switch to cavalry as they are protected by fresh civilian troops. No leaders for them confused getting hit from front and back the y cant decide which way to go stop moving then tigrans charge in and mop them up.
 
I'm back after a 16 days in the hospital, still recovering and don't know when I'll post.
 
Oh come on MM, WWII was worse. They ran out of wine.

Take your time, we understand :)
 
here was my thoughts ...

Scar ask to be the commander (general) of the resistance forces in the merchant quarter. He can have them start training ... making weapons ... or setting up some defenses. He is convinced there will be a counter attack.


He is right ... of coarse ... the bugs are going to have the king make a surrender speech ... but that will fail ... and then they are going to send in the harvestors.

When that happens, Scar should order most of the fighters to retreat ... harvestors are super hard to kill and huge. The heroes ... get to slow them down for a bit ... but it is not until the stone statues are activated (Tigran Mage will do that)

Lastly, Scar might want to think about his lost love ... Isis ... how proud she would have been of the tigran's for fighting back and resisting the demons.
 
Not sure who is still writing in this thread … however, here is my suggested outline for the “big” conclusion. Totally open to other suggestions. The timing of posts are important ... that is why i thought an outline might be useful.

Outline:
The characters in the mining town learn from Skadu about the monster coming through the portal. Mirri, Skadu. Queen Shella, Sir Deson Hild, Isis, Lord Haki and Commander Hatur form up the tigran Army and march toward Ardalis (any special weapons and clever ideas any character wants to bring from the mining town … go for it) that next morning.

At the same time … Jola and Gilly go behind enemy lines … setting magical “bombs” on the bridges (actually “stone to water” scrolls) so the demons can’t reinforce their units ... which scar knows will be attacking the merchant quarter. During this operation Gilly sees King Goldenmane being dragged to the merchant quarter… and they both decide to free him … but they can’t get to him until after his speech …

Demons try to use King Goldenmane to get the resistance fighters to surrender. This fails … (Jola and Gilly need to save him quickly as the demons will have no use for him after this failure) The demons send in the harvesters … General Scar orders a retreat, no way the tigrans can fight these huge monsters … too many of them … not enough heavy weapons

At the same time … the three sister group arrives and animate the stone lion statues (2 of them). These statues will need to be lead into battle. Jonz rides one … maybe Aziza the other? The statues wipe out the harvesters … There will be a fun scene when Jonz (scare of big snakes) meets Jola. I have no idea how this should go … I was kind of think Jola would be in big trouble and the draconian needs to save her even though he is scare of her. Anyhow, totally open to other ideas here

When the battle completes … It should be late in the day … The city resistance fighters have retaken Bankers Quarter at the end of it … but the bridges have been blown.

I’ll provide a cut scene of the demon commander … laughing as it thinks the resistance movement just cut themselves off from their last hope to prevent the portal from opening.

Someone (I was thinking Scar … but someone) thinks of using the stone lions as a tempory bridge to across the river.

At the same time … the Queen Shella’s Tigran Army attacks the eastern gate … big fighting scene … Shadow demons everywhere … I was thinking Sir Deson Hild reaches the portal and damages the portal as it opens … the massive monster still comes out but it is damaged … help arrives in the form of Deathknight, Draxx riding Nas, and the wizard Ardel riding Venar-surr)

Huge battle … someone takes out the demon lord commander (gilly?)… someone else takes out the massive monster … I figure Ardel and Baban will close the portal.

Good guys win … fun scenes between Shella and the King, Isis and Scar … Ardel and Jola … Draxx and Jonz … Deathknight and everyone else!
 
I'iiimmm Back! Hopefully my post fit in ok. Thanks for keeping ol' Scar alive for me MM. :heart:
 
Thanks MM, it's good to back I saw that you've done that. I don't know anything about battle strategies, so I'll follow your lead.
 
All,
If you have not guessed ... the final battle is on us! Should be a good time ... if you want to write/think ahead ... go for super epic heroic fight scenes.


FYI … I’m adding some Shadow Demon Destroyers to the upcoming battle. This thing is truly an absolute terror on the battlefield. It is about the size of a stone lion … but super strong so it can crush walls (or stone lions) … it is that powerful! It causes “Fear” in common beings (not the heroes of course). But the really evil thing about these nasty critters is that they can shadow shift … they can shift into shadow and your sword strikes or dragon breath do nothing to them! It has a weakness to holy attacks (Deson) and … whatever cleaver ideas your writers can come up with! Good Luck!!

Just as a reminder … the Queen Shella’s Tigran Army is about at the eastern gate … Skadu will get there first ... does what he does best (infiltrate? blow the main gate? set up mines?) who knows? Then the army arrives ... big fighting scene … Shadow demons everywhere …

Jola, Gilly and Sir Deson Hild will reaches the portal at about the same time hidden ... as Shadow Demon Commander opens the portal. Jola will contain the tunnel dimension creatures ... as Deson does his thing ... Gilly needs to take on Shadow Demon Commander (good luck!) I think Scar needs to help too!!

The massive monster still comes out but it is damaged because of Deson … help arrives in the form of Deathknight, Draxx, wizard Ardel, and our two dragons!

Huge battle … someone finally takes out the demon lord commander (Gilly? Scar?)… someone else takes out the massive monster … Ardel, Jola, and Baban will close the portal.



How does that sound?

(oops I posted this before Wolfias posted ...i'll adjust)
 
Last edited:
Remember how Deson blessed the cauldron of water? If the Destroyers can be lured to a body of water, a nice water spout of blessed water would make a nice impact and weaken the Destroyers.

Now I have to think of a way to damage that portal...hmmm
 
need a post from you Knight so the army and Mirri can do something. They are waiting on the Queens orders and are obviously terrified of the Shadow destroyer. Need something from Hild to enable them to break the spell and fight and to put his plan into action. Maybe lead it towards the river flowing through the city. Of course that could be how King and Queen reunite.

Your water spout could come about when one of the statues jumps into the river causing a massive splash near the demon. Maybe have one sacrifice life fighting it to lure it to right spot.

Mirri and her claw break off to go to portal but of course Cyclops follows. Hild would follow after mopping up Destroyer. While harrasing the destroyer the Queen gives Harmony two claws and they help defeat those on the bridge so Scar and the rest can get to portal. Of course Skadu sends the claws and scouts back to help Queen.
 
Didn't even see the post where the Queen's army made it to the city. Will get a post up
 
FYI ... Please do not try to save Deson and Jola yet ... The Cavalry is on the way.
 
I take it that will be Draxx and the Dragons LOL. Dibbs on the commander :) I want to bite his head off and spit it out
 
please let deathknight post first ...

Then the demon commander is all yours ... :) but it is such a nice creature, I can't believe you want to bite its head off. You are soooo mean!
 
i know ... this is his chance to open his eyes ... and say "what are you'll standing around for ... kill the fook'in bugs!"
 
Back
Top