GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrrghh, I am seriously in pain, plastering the dining room followed by 7 hours of burlesque rehearsals has killed my back, need a serious massage:rose:

Did you say... burlesque??? :D

I always loved the HBO series "Rome". The costumes and the sets really brought to life what that era was about. The power grabs from the men (and women), the sensuality, the physicality were all very raw. Of course the wine and orgies were a strong part of the culture. Cleopatra's emergence and death. I would have loved to be apart of that life.

Yay, another "Rome" fan! That series was amazing. I know they had reasons to keep it to two seasons, but I was disappointed all the same. I'll probably be rewatching the show soon, actually. (I live with a Classicist. "Rome" marathons are at least a yearly occurrence, if not more.)

Hi Diz :kiss::kiss:
For me it would be the film version of Casanova starring David tenant, the costumes, the color, the excitement, also the film version of Marie Antoinette, for many of the same reasons.
With my love of dance I have to say though Moulin Rouge comes top, I could grow old disgracefully in a place like that, and oh that tango...:rose:


:kiss: naughtyinsilk :kiss:

I don't think I've seen the David Tenant version of Casanova. I loved the Heath Ledger film, though. It was such a nice twist on the story.

For me, at this point in time, I think I'd go with either "Firefly" or "Babylon 5", mostly 'cause I feel like getting my geek on. ;) Firefly is just such a cool setting, and B5 included so many levels of political intrigue for me. Just... yeah. Geek!

It's someone else's turn to come up with a random question, I think. ;) I want to see this place hopping again.

-diz :rose:
 
Hi Diz hope your feeling fab and groovy today:rose:

Yes, I did say Burlesque, both American Dance Burlesque and British Comedy Burlesque, by accident I found I had a talent for choreographing both, and now its keeping me very busy. The mixture of dance and costume, keeps me motivated and inspired.
There are worse things to be doing than teach attractive ladies and a few gurls, how to move their bodies and remove there clothes, tastefully and without any full nudity. Teasing , teasing, leaving them wanting more!

.I have seen the Heath Ledger version, but have to say, that the David Tenant version is much better, it was adapted by the same writer who adapted Sarah Waters "Tipping The Velvet" for the screen. I loved that production and unusually for me, I even cried, the best thing Sarah Waters has written so far.

As for Rome, I dont think its been shown in england, I will have to see if I can view it online, as you all seem to rate it.

I HAVE A QUESTION: You are only allowed one set of clothing to take with you to the afterlife, to wear for eternity, what are you going to pack?
 
Hi naughty. Sorry to be really dull and predictable but your avatar is magnificent x
 
Well I just had to say it. Maybe I am a bit drunk, maybe I am a bit tired oy simply I am significantly turned on x
 
I HAVE A QUESTION: You are only allowed one set of clothing to take with you to the afterlife, to wear for eternity, what are you going to pack?

My afterlife includes an "Endless Summer" kind of setting, so a bikini top, board shorts, and a wet suit. ;)
 
My afterlife includes an "Endless Summer" kind of setting, so a bikini top, board shorts, and a wet suit. ;)

evening, took all day to decide on the final outfit. As I hope to be able to carryon horseriding , wherever I end up , I decided on the following outfit, Black satin and lace corset, with waist hugging black velvet jacket, black velvet top hat with black lace veil, fishtail blacksatin skirt with lace line bottom and split on one side to mid thigh, also trimmed with lace. Black silk holdups, black lace up knee boots with a 3 inch kittten heel. Black leather riding elbow gloves, with a riding crop to complement.

i already have the outfit, I just hope when the end comes i have time to pack :)

Hope everyone is having a good, stress free day :rose::kiss::rose:
 
So far so good. I had beer and pizza with a bunch of Classicists, then went out to see The Lion King. It was so much fun seeing that one on the silver screen again, though the 3D adds absolutely nothing except a headache by the end. Still worth it, but I recommend seeing if there are non-3D showings, if you'd like to see it. Just my opinion, of course.

And then we got home and walked the dog, and within seconds of rounding the corner toward the parking lot, a police helicopter lit up the whole lot and the alley, where a patrol car was waiting. Luckily, we were not the droids they're looking for.

Time for bed, here. Past time, really. And just for old times' sake:

Mood: bone weary and happy it's the weekend

Music: Michael Bublé - That's All

Wearing: the usual t-shirt and jeans, but soon to be nothing


Good night, Vibe!
 
Morning Vibers:kiss::kiss:


And just for old times' sake:

Mood: bone weary and happy it's the weekend

Music: Michael Bublé - That's All

Wearing: the usual t-shirt and jeans, but soon to be nothing


Good night, Vibe!

Had forgotten about this old tradition if thats the right phrase.

So far today I have gotten up and walked the dog round the orchards, they are in mid harvest at the moment, and the apple scent in the morning dew is rather enjoyable.

As for the Lion King, no thanx lol, got world weary of watching that when the girls were growing up, though you might enjoy this english tease on the subject thats rather fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHcxBf-JUMA

Today, now dogs sleeping will be spent making a bunch of las vegas showgirl type head dresses.

Sleep well Diz:rose:

Mood: tired but determined
Music: Roxy Music - Stranded
Wearing: skinny jeans & a tshirt, silken underwear
 
It occurred to me last nite as I crawled into bed yet again at 3am after working my butt off, that I felt happy and contented. This actually shocked me, as it caught me really unawares. :rose:

Nothing to with love/sex/ romance just a feeling of inner happiness, I hope it lasts for a while. :kiss:

wearing: satin and lace
music: PJ Harvey
mood: contentment
 
It occurred to me last nite as I crawled into bed yet again at 3am after working my butt off, that I felt happy and contented. This actually shocked me, as it caught me really unawares. :rose:

Nothing to with love/sex/ romance just a feeling of inner happiness, I hope it lasts for a while. :kiss:

wearing: satin and lace
music: PJ Harvey
mood: contentment

I know just what you mean. :) May it last perpetually!

Wearing: jeans, t-shirt and hoodie, but only because I need to take the dog for one last walk before going to bed.
Music: a Car Talk podcast
Mood: sleepy
 
I know just what you mean. :) May it last perpetually!

I doubt it will though I wish it could.
Though today rather nervous, had a full dress rehearsal of Burlesque revue we are debuting this weekend. Its all going rather too well, so waiting to fall flat on my face!

*hugs & stuff* to all:rose:

mood: happy but pensive
music: Lady Eleanor by Lindisfarne
wearing: 8 inch platform heels & las vegas showgirl outfit,( need to get changed but so tired) :kiss:still got dog to walk and this isnt a dog walking outfit, for rural lanes lol
 
This is a nice thread. I got a lot of things going on. Dumb neighbor problems,, like everyone I guess. Strange how people seem to accept discourteous and rude behavior,, no one ever doing anything about it.

Any social workers or psychiatrists here? unofficially naturally.
 
This is a nice thread. I got a lot of things going on. Dumb neighbor problems,, like everyone I guess. Strange how people seem to accept discourteous and rude behavior,, no one ever doing anything about it.

Any social workers or psychiatrists here? unofficially naturally.

Tristan welcome to the vibe:rose:

I am sure if either of those professions are here, its to relax and unwind and not to continue working in an unpaid capacity lol.

Anyway most psychiatrists I have met are completely nuts, best mental health practitioner is the barman down your local:rose:
 
Tristan welcome to the vibe:rose:

I am sure if either of those professions are here, its to relax and unwind and not to continue working in an unpaid capacity lol.

Anyway most psychiatrists I have met are completely nuts, best mental health practitioner is the barman down your local:rose:

*laughs* It's so true. Though I have certainly met excellent psychiatrists, too. Bartenders work, too, of course, as long as it's a slow hour. ;)

Welcome, TristanEugene!
 
Hey all....

Mood: Worried

Music: None -- Thomas the Tank Engine playing in the background

Wearing: The same thing I woke up in -- jammies
 
Getting out of my work clothes, into a beer, boxers and hoping to forget work for awhile.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top