Christmas disappearing from the public sphere

Christmas is a target, not just (or even primarily) because of its roots in and/or connection with religion. Its a target because its the King of Holidays. Its associated in people's minds with beloved childhood memories, family gatherings, and parties with friends and loved ones. These types of holidays subconsciously encourage traditionalism and romantic nostalgia in people, and form a threat to the establishment's effort to completely re-engineer society away from its traditional cultural roots.

Yet another moron who has zero clue where Christmas, or Easter for that matter, originated.

Her'es your sign..:cool:
 
If it disappears it will because we let them take it away. My generation or the one before it, probably would have shown up in the public square and beat the shit out of anyone demanding that Christmas decorations be taken down.

Yeah, you're all about the "mob rule". Of course, if a shot was fired, your Marine training would kick in and you'd shit yourself and run away.
 
If it disappears it will because we let them take it away. My generation or the one before it, probably would have shown up in the public square and beat the shit out of anyone demanding that Christmas decorations be taken down.

your generation sent pregnant teenage girls to homes for unwed mothers, too.

a lump of coal for those tramps!
 
your generation sent pregnant teenage girls to homes for unwed mothers, too.

a lump of coal for those tramps!

And his generation never saw coloreds discriminated against, nossir.

They were happier times, when darkies sang spirituals in the fields.....
 
If it disappears it will because we let them take it away. My generation or the one before it, probably would have shown up in the public square and beat the shit out of anyone demanding that Christmas decorations be taken down.

LOL because kicking their ass makes you less of a theocratic, anti constitutional tool bag....:rolleyes:

Yeah, you're all about the "mob rule". Of course, if a shot was fired, your Marine training would kick in and you'd shit yourself and run away.

He's about mob rule until it doesn't suit him, then he likes to trump mob rule and hold the big federal gubbmint (the one he allegedly hates) in after all those queers and potheads cuz himz LOVES huge government when it suits him.

your generation sent pregnant teenage girls to homes for unwed mothers, too.

a lump of coal for those tramps!

Didn't you get the newsflash?

"Used to" = total justification for violating others rights, bodies and really whatever the fuck they want, because their religion makes them BETTER than all the non believers!
 
Moar evidence of teh War On Christmas!!
WarOnChristmas_zpsdc705232.jpg
 
Here is your war on Christmas:

1) For most of the history of Christianity, there were no toy stores. Christmas was a mass and a dinner, and family togetherness, nothing more. Now, most of the time, the mass is skipped altogether, and the focus of the holiday is on the commercially-focused act of gift-giving, to the point where one gift isn't enough. It is a greed competition.

This part of Christmas did not originate from the secularists, but from the people who worship Christmas itself. These folks are now decrying a fictional war on Christmas from the secularists who do not care what you do as long as it is not using public money to fund private religion.

2) Instead of following the message of the Christian messiah, which involves loving your neighbor and helping the poor, your Fox News culture encourages demonization of one's political adversaries, spreading fear and anger, demonstrating how homeless people are all scammers ripping you off and encouraging you not to give to charity, and encouraging the slashing of programs such as food stamps, unemployment benefits, and denying federal funds to help offset the affordable care act while maintaining the mandate to purchase health insurance, while other states merely accept such funds and the poor therefore get insurance, putting libertarian principle ahead of the general welfare and health of citizens.

Abandoning the message of the very messiah of one's faith and perverting it into supply-side extremism is part of the war on Christmas.

3) People deciding of their own accord not to attend church or worship publicly (as one Biblical teaching asks people to not make a spectacle of themselves in public to appear devout) is part of a cultural progression that values actual faith instead of public demonstrations of faith in the never-ending quest to pretend to be the most devout. The private, genuine observance of religious faith as opposed to the loud demonstrations thereof. So, the war on public displays of ostentatious faith often comes from those far more faithful than those who demand showy lip service.

4) On top of actual cultural changes, which have an origin not quite from the powerless atheist political group, but from those who practice the faith in question, you also have an invented war on Christmas, which says that Christmas is "disappearing". Even though any time after October you are going to see bright, flashy Christmas decorations every 30 feet in every city in the country and you'll be able to purchase Christmas-themed consumer goods in every store that sells goods.

The orgy of consumerism doesn't end until at least Valentine's Day. Three months out of the year, the majority of the nation is engaged in the modern tradition of Christmas, which is approximately 89 days longer than most other recognized holidays. Yet 1/4 of the calendar year isn't enough for some Grinches who insist on manufacturing a war on Christmas from the atheists, of which there are almost no elected officials on the federal level, who have almost no funding compared to any other group involved in the so-called war, and who have a lower level of public support than any generic candidate who is a practitioner of Islam.

Reminding everyone at this point that the 9/11 hijackers were not radical non-believers, I want to point out that everyone's sole beef with atheists is that they simply have the gall to say that they are atheists, because they've pretty much done nothing else to you.

So anyway. Your war on Christmas is an insane delusion for the most part, and any actual erosion of the tradition comes from Christians rather than from an outside source.

Proof? Okay, thought experiment.

Do you believe that there is a war on Ramadan?

Do you believe that people who are not practitioners of Islam could really stop people from believing in the importance of, or observing in whatever way they desire, the Muslim holiday of Ramadan?

The answer is no one but Muslims themselves could actually weaken the observance of Ramadan.

Do you believe there is a concerted war by atheists to bring down Jewish holidays?

Or do you believe people who are culturally Jewish are simply choosing not to observe these holidays in a traditional or completely religious manner?

Conclusion: Any war on Christmas is perpetrated by Christians who celebrate the holiday in their own way. Your extremely rare and occasional court battle over publicly-funded endorsements of religion affect your life in about the same way a tectonic plate shift on a rocky planet 10 light years away does.

In parting, enjoy your holiday, but if you get huffy about someone saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, I encourage you to suck on a penis-flavored candy cane.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top