Do readers use your stories....

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Posts
42,028
To tell their own stories? I've gotten many of these over the years and last night someone left a long comment all about how he is banging his minister's wife.

It had nothing even to do with my story which was an incest story. I've seen this a lot in LW where some people leave comments that could come close to filling a lit page.

If they have these little stories to tell, why not just post them?

As I've said before I very rarely delete a comment and there has to be good reason(example something underage that I know the site may erase anyway) and I think I'll leave this, but it annoys me. To add insult to injury he had to add he had a 91/2" cock and her husband only had 5"....arrghhh statistics:eek:

Our stories are not platforms for you to tell your stories. There's sites where you can post your stories...matter of fact you're on the biggest one, right now.:rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
This is not the thread I was expecting. I thought you meant this: do readers use your stories to pass them off as their own? Stealing, in other words.
 
To tell their own stories? I've gotten many of these over the years and last night someone left a long comment all about how he is banging his minister's wife.

It had nothing even to do with my story which was an incest story. I've seen this a lot in LW where some people leave comments that could come close to filling a lit page.

If they have these little stories to tell, why not just post them?

As I've said before I very rarely delete a comment and there has to be good reason(example something underage that I know the site may erase anyway) and I think I'll leave this, but it annoys me. To add insult to injury he had to add he had a 91/2" cock and her husband only had 5"....arrghhh statistics:eek:

Our stories are not platforms for you to tell your stories. There's sites where you can post your stories...matter of fact you're on the biggest one, right now.:rolleyes:
I haven't had anyone leave a comment on the story like that, but I have one "fan" that emails me after each new story I post that is very much like that. He starts out telling me how great I am but quickly it devolves into a story of him and his unfaithful wife. The story of him and his wife usually parallels the story I just posted at least to some degree.
 
;) LC I get off thinking about you all the time. Not your stories YOU! :D;)
 
OK that's weird. Wowww.

Beats mine: https://www.literotica.com/s/runners-high-2

I find it flattering when they do this, actually. Its like you're a priest and they feel safe confessing to you.

With no more comments than I've received, I still have one or two of those readers' stories.

I don't know what triggers someone to do that. Maybe the story tickles their imagination and their comment takes on a life of it's own.
 
I normally get the drawn-out personal anecdotes via e-mail, not in any of the comments sections of the stories themselves. Most I have received, are from readers complaining about their ex-whatever, comparing her/him to one of my characters as a wish list for how their relationship should have been like. :rolleyes:

Its like you're a priest and they feel safe confessing to you.

For some of the readers stories I've received, the scenario feels more like:
hqdefault.jpg
 
I haven't had anyone leave a comment on the story like that, but I have one "fan" that emails me after each new story I post that is very much like that. He starts out telling me how great I am but quickly it devolves into a story of him and his unfaithful wife. The story of him and his wife usually parallels the story I just posted at least to some degree.

For what it's worth, I'd recommend you block him and don't interact in any way. He's got some problem separating reality from fiction and you probably don't have the right training to do him any good.

Some of my readers contact me. Some just want to be dom'd (and can be very obvious about it.) Some want to tell me their sexual adventures, which often devolves into telling me their sexual and emotional problems. I've made a few friends this way but an awful lot of people on this site have issues and it pays to be careful who you reply to. After a while, it gets less flattering and some emails I've gotten cross over into outright disturbing.
 
Long comments don't bother me unless they are pure rant or someone trying to pass on their underage stories. Both get deleted as soon as I see them.
 
On my loving wives stories I mostly get "I hope you both die of aids." or "You suck as a writer. You should just curl up and die." which is a cool name for a hair dressers.
 
Yes, I've had commenters use my stories to tell of their own experiences, sometimes with almost as many words as I put in the story. I just leave them there; I don't necessarily read all the way through them, though.

What concerns me more is like what happened yesterday--an extensive e-mail telling me how one of my own stories had opened up their connection to something that happened in their own life. It was the sort of message that deserved an affirming stroke--and they sent it as Anonymous. No way to respond.
 
To mastubate?

That's where I thought this thread was going.

Yes, I have had readers post similar events that may or may not have actually happened to them, as well as events that bore no resemblance to my story beyond two or more people having sex. I used to get annoyed by it, but I realized I had more important things to worry about than whether someone else's was trying to squeeze a little glory from my story.
 
I seem to people that think I just sit on my butt and write all day. While none have delved into personal problems, (I suppose that's a boon by writing celebrity futanari) I have had a couple that seem to stalk me asking for the next part, next piece or even just a hint of what I'm writing.

Worse yet is when you oblige them and they try to steer the narrative. I've learned not to do that.
 
Visions of someone trying to wipe his ass with a computer monitor. :D
 
I tend to get comments that they wish they could experience what's going on in the story, but I think that's because I usually write about mind control.
 
I've occasionally had a reader use the comments on one of my stories as a place to publish a "Letter to Penthouse." :rolleyes:

Only once have I felt the need to hit the delete button...when the reader went into far too much detail of his first time at boy scout camp at age thirteen. I'm not a prude about such stories but I do respect Laurel's wishes as to the age cutoff being eighteen.

I do find it hilarious when someone drops a 1,500-2,000 word story of their own into the comments section. If you are going to go to that much trouble, submit the damn thing and get five thousand times the eyeballs seeing it.

.
 
I once had an email from a reader contemplating using a recipe from one of my stories. He wanted to know if the herbs had to be fresh, or would dried be OK? :)
 
Back
Top