Gunfights

UnderYourSpell

Gerund Whore
Is anyone interested in having another Gunfight? We haven't had one for ages! No I don't want to be a fighter, once was enough and I don't think my nerves are up to it any more. I did win by the way so I will just rest on my laurels!
For the uninitiated, two poets are given a style of poetry to write in but they are told the time it will start and only then given the requirements, with an hour to write that poem.
Judges are asked for from the members and when the two poems are in they are posted anonymously to be judged as to how well their poems have followed the instructions and requirements.

I am a 'fraidy cat when it comes to forms, I'd rather duel with actual guns, at least then I'd have a chance. :rolleyes:

I'm up for it...depending on what time of the week and day it's held, of course.

:cool:

oh now this sounds like a hella challenge!!! one hour to write!?! wow! heh

We've done a lot of gunfights with form poems. Lauren Hynde, especially, was a beast in making a gunfight really difficult by assigning some obscure form. :cool:

Annie are you doing a freelance write with an assigned topic? Something like that?

We've done a lot of gunfights with form poems. Lauren Hynde, especially, was a beast in making a gunfight really difficult by assigning some obscure form. :cool:

I became aware of her recently because of a sonnet she wrote. Then I noticed that she appears on the list of mods for the fora. What has become of her?

I became aware of her recently because of a sonnet she wrote. Then I noticed that she appears on the list of mods for the fora. What has become of her?

Since we met, Lauren married and got an architecture degree and so is pretty busy these days. I still talk to her but not here. She is a very gifted poet imo, especially considering that Portuguese is her native language and all her poems here are in English. :)

Annie are you doing a freelance write with an assigned topic? Something like that?

No clues!!! Tut tut you should know better my girl! I'm only testing the waters right now to see if the interest is still there.
If this does go ahead, I will need help with time zones . The last one I think was Remec v Butters ...... opposite sides of the world for working out the times! :eek:

No clues!!! Tut tut you should know better my girl! I'm only testing the waters right now to see if the interest is still there.
If this does go ahead, I will need help with time zones . The last one I think was Remec v Butters ...... opposite sides of the world for working out the times! :eek:

Remec I know is Eastern Standard, same as me.

Butters is probably the same as yours, right?

Remec I know is Eastern Standard, same as me.

Butters is probably the same as yours, right?

Yes she is but that was then and this is now, we should maybe try for two different contestants, not that Butters has offered although as this seems to be going up like a lead balloon she might get Press ganged!

Yes she is but that was then and this is now, we should maybe try for two different contestants, not that Butters has offered although as this seems to be going up like a lead balloon she might get Press ganged!

whoa, pardner, rein in them dogies jus' a gosh darn minnit!

i'm pretty busy doing a million and one things atm, so couldn't possibly commit to a gunfight. as for press-gangin' me, gunfights n sailors are mixin' yer meaty-fours!

i'm pretty busy doing a million and one things atm, so couldn't possibly commit to a gunfight. as for press-gangin' me, gunfights n sailors are mixin' yer meaty-fours!

Hmm...gangin' Butters makes this more appealing all the time...er...um...I mean ;):devil::D

:catroar:

I don't think they put reins on dogies, from what I recall from watching Rawhide (yes I'm that old!) a dogie is a motherless calf!

Hmm...gangin' Butters makes this more appealing all the time...er...um...I mean ;):devil::D

:catroar:
bwahaha

I don't think they put reins on dogies, from what I recall from watching Rawhide (yes I'm that old!) a dogie is a motherless calf!
i know :D about dogies, not about your age, lol. and i seem to recall some rawhide myself, though the one i really remember more is The Virginian.

Going to the dogs. Our Newfie cross pulled a cart with the Girl Guides (at least one of whom was in the cart) in the local Christmas Parade. I don't recall reins.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

9 AM to High Noon.

Central Time.

pirate.gif

Back