Protection (closed)

Trying not to glare at you while the waiter is taking our order. "I'll have the blackened tilapia with a baked potato, sour cream and butter, and the salad bar. Iced tea, unsweetened, to drink."

Looking across the table at Molly, but talking to both of you, "Now if everyone is a good girl and eats all their dinner, maybe we can stop for ice creasm on the way home." Trying to emphasize the "good girl" for someone's benefit!!

And you are sitting there so innocently . . . must be part of the lawyer training not to show anything in your face to betray what is going on under the table.
 
“Ice cream?!” Molly cried out, bouncing in her seat and looking at Alan with excited eyes. “Please, mommy, please?”

Michaela grinned at Alan as she removed her foot and looked down at Molly with a wide smile. “Well, someone’s got to eat her veggies first.” She teased as Molly giggled. “Would you get my salad for me, baby? Italian dressing, tomatoes, mushrooms and broccoli. A pickle for Molly too.” She said as Molly nodded and reminded him not to forget the pickle.

They watched as Alan excused himself to go and Michaela turned towards Molly, smoothing her daughter’s hair back from her face. “I want to have a serious talk with you, Molly.”

“I wanted to ask you what you would think if mommy and Alan started seeing each other.” Molly looked at her confused for a long moment. “You know that mommy and daddy aren’t married anymore. We had that talked a long time ago. Alan is someone that mommy really likes and he makes me smile. I want you to be okay with Alan being around.”

Molly thought about it for a long moment and smiled at her mother. “I like Alan and he makes you happy, mommy. It’s okay.” Molly giggled as her mother pressed a kiss to her cheek and told her that she was getting to be such a big girl.
 
"Sure, I'll try to remember all that . . . and a pickle for Molly." Thinking to myself as I walk away, 'and a really big pickle for you'.

Not sure what you two are talking about, but it seems serious as I look up from the salad bar. Once it looks like the talk is over, I head back to the table with all the salads . . . and teh pickle for Molly.

"Ready for green beans and baseball, Molly?"
 
Molly was so excited that she was beside herself. Michaela smiled as she pulled the pickle off her plate and handed it to her daughter, watching as she promptly started to devour it.

“Molly’s loved pickles since she was a baby. In fact, it was one of the foods I craved when I was pregnant with her.” She said as she started in on the salad.

“Are we still going to a game, Alan?” Molly asked and Michaela looked down at her with a scolding look.

“Molly Susanne, it’s rude to keep asking. When Alan gets some time, he’ll take you to a game.” She said as Molly apologized and took a sip of her water.
 
"Yes, Molly . . . and tomorrow when I go back to work, I'll get out the schedule and see when I can get tickets for the three of us. OK?"

Smiling at you, it's obvious that you are trying to teach Molly how to be a your lady . . . and you seem to be doing a great job. Can't wait to hear what the serious discussion was about while I went to the salad bar.

Pretending to drop my napkin, I reach under the table and give you inner thigh a squeeze just above your knee . . . I owed you that one for the foot in the crotch earlier.
 
Michaela gasped and snapped her legs together when she felt Alan’s hand on her leg. She gave him a look that promised retribution later and she grinned at him as the meal was served. It looked and smelled delicious and she couldn’t help but smile as Molly devoured her green beans in record time. She looked across the table at Alan and mouthed a thank you as she started in on her steak.

“Miss Molly and I had a talk about how she feels about you and I being together.” She said, glancing at Alan as Molly listened to the two of them talk. “She’s given us the seal of approval.”
 
"Well, thank you, Molly . . . I think your mommy is a special lady and I enjoy spending time with her . . . and I like spending time with you too."

The rest of the meal was pretty quiet; we said "no" to the dessert. Stopping for ice cream on the way home sounds like more fun to Molly. Molly couldn't seem to stop talking all the way home. Since her daddy is supposed to call tonight, we picked up ice cream to eat back at the house.

As we enter the house, she immediately heads for the TV and the Cardinal game. Calling after her, "Molly, why don't you go ahead and get your pajamas on. Then we can have ice cream and watch the game before bedtime."

Besides, that gives me a few minutes to hug Mommy in the kitchen . . .
 
Molly scurried into her room after Alan suggested that she get changed into her pajamas. Michaela was putting up the ice cream when she felt strong hands wrap around her, hugging her tight. She sighed and leaned into his strong embrace.

“Would you like to go home after she’s asleep and get some things to stay a few days? I was thinking about taking Molly to Shepherd’s Park tomorrow to go for a hike.” She asked, turning her head to look at Alan with a smile. “I’d love it if you came along too.”

She was about to say something more when the phone started to ring and Molly came racing back inside the kitchen. “Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!” She was hopping around, excitement in her eyes as Michaela pulled herself from Alan’s embrace and told Molly to calm down while she answered the phone.

After a few tense moments on the line, Michaela handed the phone to Molly and the little girl launched into her weekly conversation with her father.
 
"That's up to you . . as far as my staying here. Are you sure Molly is ready for that? You know I want to be with you . . . and if you are ready for that, I sure am. But, think about your daughter for a few minutes."

"Tomorrow sounds great . . . I'd love to go with the 2 of you. Take care of the phone call first, then we can decide."

Leaving you and Molly in the kitchen with Molly on the phone with her daddy . . . sitting on the couch in front of the ball game, trying to ignore the little girl's excitement in the kitchen.
 
Michaela knew that Alan was right. They needed to think about Molly in this relationship too. She sighed and thought about what she was asking of him. Truth of the matter was she still felt a little bit frightened about what was going in her office. What if they hadn’t caught the right man? She shivered as she thought about that.

“Well, maybe you can come over in time for a cup of coffee and I’ll pack a lunch.” She said as Molly talked to her dad. “We’ll be done in a little bit.” She smiled at Alan, pressing a kiss to his cheek as he moved into the living room and sat on the couch.

Molly’s conversation lasted about fifteen minutes. She told him of everything that had happened in the past week, including meeting Alan and the fact that he was going to take her to a game. When she was finished, she handed the phone to her mother and then bounded into the living room to watch the game.

“When we go to the game, can I buy a t-shirt too?” Molly asked as she sat beside Alan, a smile on her face as she caught up with what was happening.

In the kitchen, the conversation on the phone has turned tense and slightly angry. Molly’s father was demanding to know who Michaela was seeing, but she refused to say. It was none of his business in the first place. She hung up a few moments later, moving to serve the ice cream that they had bought on the way home.

She placed a bowl in Molly’s lap along with a towel for messes and then handed Alan a bowl of his own. She sat beside him without ice cream, her body tense. She needed to unwind and it didn’t seem like it would happen any time soon.
 
Those conversations never go well, and I can tell this is no exception. Asyou sit beside me, the tension in your body is unmistakable . . . and I can't do much about it until Molly goes to bed and we are sure she is asleep . . .

FInally after the third inning, Molly is starting to get droopy eyes, so I pick her up . .. lean her over to kiss you goodnight and carry her up to her bed. I think she is asleep before I get out of the room and close the door.

Sitting back on the couch and wrapping my arm around you . . . "Is there anything I can do, honey . . . I can't imagine everything that you are trying to sort out right now. I did talk to the precinct today. There have been no more phone calls to your office. They have interviewed the suspect again and are convinced they have the right person. Your boss is deciding what all charges they can file against him."

"I think you just need another good night's sleep. Why don't you go up stairs and get undressed and stretch out on your bed. Leave a bottle of your lotion on the night stand and I'll be up in a few minutes and give you a good backrub. Then I'll go home and come back in the morning for that coffee."
 
Michaela kissed Molly goodnight, smiling as her daughter clung to Alan as he moved to tuck her into bed. She could see the kind of man that he was by the way that her interacted with the five year old. He was a good father, that much was evident. He wasn’t a man that would hurt her. She just had to learn to trust again.

When he came back into the living room and held her close, she sighed. “No. It’s alright. There’s a reason why I divorced him.” She said, trying to give Alan a smile. “Molly loves him so much and I hate it. He’ll just hurt her in the end, Alan. I can see it coming a mile away.”

She nodded as he said that they hadn’t had any more threatening phone calls. That was good to know, she thought as he suggested that she get a good night’s sleep. She needed that. She smiled at him as he suggested that she stretch out on the bed and he’d give her a massage.

“I’ll see you in a few then.” She kissed his cheek and moved to go upstairs.

She stripped out of her clothing, laying across the bed on her stomach and left her favorite vanilla lotion on the nightstand. She rested her head against her arms and waited for him to come upstairs.
 
Talking to myself all the way to your bedroom . . . I'm just going to give her a backrub, I'm just going to give her a backrub . . .

Lights are off in your bedroom, except for a very soft nightlight coming from your bathroom. I cold hear Molly breathing smoothly as I passed her room, sound asleep. The first glimpse on you on your bed was almost enough to change my mind about why I was here . . .

Stepping into your bathroom and washing my hands before picking up the lotion and coating my hands with it, giving it a few seconds to warm to room temperature before applying it to you back. Starting across your shoulders and rubbing slowly with enough pressure to loosen the muscles tightened from the stress of dealing with your ex. Rubbing down the middle of your back . . . feeling every vertabrae as I move my fingers . . . then out from the spine to each side of your back . . . stopping just as I reach the small in your back . . .

Stepping back and recoating my hands with lotion, I step to the end of the bed and go to work on your calf muscles, first one leg, then the other . . . finally, with a little more lotion, I squeeze and massage the back of your thighs . . . baby, you are tight all over . . .

Pulling the sheet and light blanket up over you . . . going in and washing my hands . . . coming back and leaning over and kissing you on the cheek . . . "Goodnight, honey . . . get a good night's sleep. I'll see you in the morning."
 
Michaela moaned and sighed with each strong push of his fingers. He was caressing her skin and making the tension and stress go away. She could feel her muscles relax as he worked down her back and shoulders. He stopped and she moaned at the loss of his hands until he started on her legs. She’d be lying if she said she wasn’t turned on, but she bit her lip and simply enjoyed the feeling of his hands on her skin.

She was nearly asleep when he stopped. She sighed as she felt him pulling the sheets and blankets over her body, tucking her into bed like she was a child. She absently heard the sink turn on and then off and soon he was kissing her cheek, whispering goodnight into her ear.

“Stay with me a while.” She whispered, her hand reaching out for his. She sighed as she felt him sit on the edge of the bed and stroked her hair. She was content and a smile was on her face as she drifted off to sleep, never hearing him leave the room.
 
I knew it wouldn't take you long to fall asleep . . . sitting on the edge of the bed, stroking your hair and caressing your cheek. Must have been at least 45 seconds before you were breathing evenly and deeply. Standing quietly and walking from the darkened room . . . a quick peek in on Molly . . . then as quietly as possible out the front door and back to my place.

Didn't take me long to fall asleep once I got to my condo . . . stripped down and fell on the bed . . . remembering to set my alarm early enough to get to Michaela's for coffee and a day trip with the two of them.

I'd been asleep for about two hours when I got a call from the precinct. The prick we had arrested for harassing her had talked more and implicated her ex in the harassment plot. Heading down to the station at 3:00 in the morning, I wanted to talk to him myself.

After an hour's conversation, I feel pretty confident that no one else is involved and that there is no more danger to Michaela and Molly, although we may have to shut off the phone calls from her daddy . . . that discussion will come later.

Back home for two more hours of sleep, then off to Michaela's . . . greeted at the door by a bubbly Molly . . . all hyped up with enough energy for all of us. Picking her up for a big hug . . . then putting down. Hoping for pretty much the same response from Mommy.
 
Molly greeted Alan at the front door dressed in clothes that were suitable for a hike. She bounced around, squealing when Alan picked her up for a hug. “We’re going to the park today!” She squealed happily, speeding into the kitchen when she was sat back down on her feet.

Michaela was at the stove, finishing up their lunch when Alan walked in. She smiled at him, kissing him as he came closer before she went back to the finishing touches. “She’s excited.” She said with a laugh as Molly ran through the house like the hyper child that she was.

“Molly, go get your coat and your backpack.” She called as Molly raced upstairs. “Now I can greet you properly.”

She turned towards Alan and wrapped her arms around his neck, drawing him close for a long, slow, loving kiss.
 
"Mmmm, that's what I needed this morning . . . hugs and kisses from my two favorite blondes . . actually my two favorite ladies." Hearing the bouncing steps coming down the stairs, I give you a quick pat on the butt before Molly appears. "If you're good today, maybe you will get a nice prize later tonight."

"OK, girls, let's go . . " Picking up the lunch and other stuff that were laid out, off we go to the park and an uninterrupted day of relaxation . . . as relaxing as it can be trying to keep Molly within eyesight.
 
“A prize?” The very words captured Molly’s imagination and she struggled to contain herself.

At the park she ran and played, hiking along the trails a distance ahead of the adults, but always within eyesight. She had blossomed into an energetic little girl that didn’t have a care in the world and the change in her daughter was amazing for Michaela to see.

“Have a good man around is good for her.” She commented as they sat on the blanket that she’d packed, watching Molly play on the playground after lunch. “It’s been good for me too.”

Her smile turned towards Alan and she sighed, looking over his handsome features. “You’re too good for me, you know? I’m so use to having scumbags in my life that I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop. You’re not going to suddenly tell me that you’re a serial killer or something, are you?”
 
"Sorry, nothing that exciting in my background . . . not a serial killer or anything like that . . . just a boring cop that tries to do his job." Leaning over and kissing you quickly while Molly has her back turned.

Going to have to make sure that Molly gets something as a surprise today, since the only surprise I really want to deliver tonight is to her Mommy after she is in bed . . . and if we keep her running around in the open park, no problem with Molly sleeping soundly tonight.

"That's got to be a real problem with your job, baby . . . always dealing with people accused of bad things and their attorneys."
 
“Well, I started out young and idealistic, but since my dad was a cop, he always taught me that you shouldn’t trust someone at face value.” She sighed as she looked over at Alan. “I just wished I’d listened to him when it came to my ex. It was just me and my dad after my mother died and he never liked Jason. When I told him I was pregnant with Molly, I think it hurt him a lot, but he supported me and helped me with the wedding.”

She shrugged as if she had nothing more to say about that part of her life. In fact, it embarrassed her. She’d been so caught up with her job and a toddler that she was blind to the fact that her husband had been running a drug trafficking business under their roof. She could have lost everything, including Molly, if it weren’t for the fact that she had friends in high places. She’d believed everything that Jason had said to her, but then it had come crashing down around them. The police had come for him one night and she’d begged them to wait until Molly was asleep, but her daughter had seen everything. That very thought broke her heart.

“I trust you though.” Michaela said as she took Alan’s hand and squeezed it. “You’re a good man and I know you won’t hurt either of us.”
 
"That, girlfriend, is one thing you can count on; I will always protect you and Molly. Now let's put all this talk behind us and see what we can do to wear that little girl out. I don't want her walking in on Mommy's surprise tonight . . . that might be a little hard to explain!"

I knew all about her background; unfortunately, when a new prosecutor comes in, we get all the background on them. I knew she was absolutely clean and not at all involved in her ex's activities, but I also knew that she had a lot to protect Molly from.

Helping you get things packed up, "I'll take these back to the car and meet you and Molly by the entrance to the hiking path . .. that should wear her out." Pulling you close for a hug, feeling you relax a bit every time I hold you.
 
“Oh, a surprise huh?” She asked, grinning wide as he hugged her close. She leaned up on her toes and kissed him quickly before she nodded and called Molly back from the playground. “Well, this mommy can’t wait for her surprise.”

“We’ll meet you there.” She said, snagging her daughter’s hand and they started off towards the hiking trail. Molly was giggling at something as they walked and they talked about all sorts of nonsense things. It was good to see Molly laughing and smiling again, her happy spirit making Michaela feel better about everything.

By the time that they made it to the entrance of the hiking path, Molly was complaining about being tired. Michaela glanced at Alan and gave him a smile. “Well, how about we go rent a movie and you can watch it after dinner?” She asked Molly as she nodded and let Alan buckle her into the backseat of the car. She was out like a light before they even pulled out of the parking lot.

“I envy her having so much energy.” Michaela said as Alan pulled out of the parking lot. “I was thinking that maybe in a week or two we could get together with your kids. If we’re going to get serious about this relationship, I think I’d like to meet and talk to them.”
 
Heading back to your place, Molly sound asleep in the back seat . . . holding your hand as we drive along . . . every once in a while, my fingers pressing against your thigh . . . who me, teasing??

"I'll have to check my calendar, but I think I have a Saturday night date planned with the kids in 2 or 3 weeks. Maybe we could all just go to the steak house for dinner . . . Molly included."

Just as we pull into the video store, I hear some mumbling in the back seat as Molly stirs and realizes where we are and is suddenly wide awake.
 
“That would be nice. I don’t want to impose on your time with them, but I do want to meet them.” She said with a smile, pleased that things were moving along so smoothly for the two of them.

“Mommy, I want to watch princesses.” Came a sleepy voice from the backseat as Molly was suddenly awake and rubbing at her eyes.

“Would you like me to go get it for you?” Michaela asked as Molly nodded and settled back against the seat. Glancing over at Alan, she smiled and went to exit the car. “I’ll be right back then.”

In the store, she picked up the princess cartoon that Molly wanted and another movie that was a little more risqué. She blushed as she handed it to the man behind the counter but he said nothing as he placed them both in a bag and took her money. She thanked him and hurried back out of the store, slipping into the passenger’s seat as she tucked the movies beneath her feet.

“How about a hamburger for dinner, Molly?” She asked as her daughter’s eyes lit up. “There’s a place on the way home if you’d like to stop, Alan.”
 
Molly is slowly coming alive in the back seat as you are in the video store . . . seems like it took a little longer than it should have since Molly wanted a specific movie. Her excitement at the suggestion of a burger/fries for dinner was expected . . . that meant no veggies.

Picking up sandwiches for ourselves on the way home . . . might as well make this meal as easy as possible for everyone. With a nap on the way home, pretty sure that Molly will want to watch the entire movie before bedtime.

Deciding that Molly can eat in front of the TV was a special treat for her . . . she can watch her video and we can eat in the kitchen and enjoy some adult time . . .

"So, love, were you a good girl today . . . do you deserve a surprise later?"
 
Back
Top