How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BELIEVING HE DIED N ROSE AGAIN FOR YOUR SINS?

• YES

Votes: 48 16.4%
  • NO

Votes: 148 50.5%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 62 21.2%
  • OTHER

Votes: 35 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait a second. what guy confessed to making the shroud? I've been following closely.
The shroud:
It is often mentioned that the first certain historical record dates from 1353 or 1357.[18][30] However the presence of the Turin Shroud in Lirey, France, is only undoubtedly attested in 1390 when Bishop Pierre d'Arcis wrote a memorandum to Antipope Clement VII, stating that the shroud was a forgery and that the artist had confessed.[8][31]
That was what, about 630 years ago? The matter should be settled by now.

Oh for petes sake even the Church doesn't think the shroud is authentic.

No, it's not settled because there were writings of the shroud from centuries before hand.
Dewd, it was made in the 14th century CE. (That's 1300s for you.) That was a cottage industry in the day, and before and after, manufacturing relics for churches as audience attractions. It works quite well around Naples where saints' blood liquefies every Easter before admiring, tithes-paying crowds.

If you need a shroud to justify your faith, your faith is pretty weak. Believe!

Oh for petes sake even the Church doesn't think the shroud is authentic.

"The Church" neither confirms nor denies the Shrouds authenticity because it's inconclusive, but personally, I think the evidence is much stronger in favor of it being authentic.

Dewd, it was made in the 14th century CE. (That's 1300s for you.) That was a cottage industry in the day, and before and after, manufacturing relics for churches as audience attractions. It works quite well around Naples where saints' blood liquefies every Easter before admiring, tithes-paying crowds.

If you need a shroud to justify your faith, your faith is pretty weak. Believe!

Read the articles. It's inconclusive that it was made in the 14th Century. The shroud was exposed to smoke from a fire which could skew the Carbon dating, also, the outside portion of the shroud which the sample was taken from was a repair that was done due to damage to the shroud, probably from the fire in the 14th Century. I never said that I NEEDED the Shroud to justify my faith, but it's nice to know that so much evidence does support my faith. There is a mountain of evidence to support Christ and His resurrection.

Read the articles. It's inconclusive that it was made in the 14th Century. The shroud was exposed to smoke from a fire which could skew the Carbon dating, also, the outside portion of the shroud which the sample was taken from was a repair that was done due to damage to the shroud, probably from the fire in the 14th Century. I never said that I NEEDED the Shroud to justify my faith, but it's nice to know that so much evidence does support my faith. There is a mountain of evidence to support Christ and His resurrection.
Exposed to smoke. It actually caught fire and burned. Tangible proof of the divinity of Jesus, left for the ages to admire and gawk upon, and God lets it catch on fire. What the hell.

Whose idea was it to hide all of YHWH's relics except that one? Where's Noah's Ark? Where are the Tablets of Moses? Where's that floating axe-head?

What about the leftovers from the loaves and fishes bit? Shouldn't they still be available for multitudes?

Whose idea was it to hide all of YHWH's relics except that one? Where's Noah's Ark? Where are the Tablets of Moses? Where's that floating axe-head?

What about the leftovers from the loaves and fishes bit? Shouldn't they still be available for multitudes?

11531927.jpg

Heaven is what we call the afterlife; everyone goes there. There's judgement but no "punishment".

Shroud of Turin has not been demonstrably debunked.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be more technically correct to call it "afterdeath"?
We have embryos as "the unborn".
We have live people as "the undead".
Are the 144k select "the undamned"?
And are lost sperm "the unconcieved"?
But I can distinguish "the uneducated".

Pre-birth. After-birth. Pre-life. After-life. Pre-death. After-death.

Funny how believers call death "eternal life" but don't call life "eternal death". Hey, up is down, lies are truth, pi is 3.0, and people can survive inside whales' guts. Got it.

Exposed to smoke. It actually caught fire and burned. Tangible proof of the divinity of Jesus, left for the ages to admire and gawk upon, and God lets it catch on fire. What the hell.

Part of it did catch fire and it was exposed to smoke. There was also a repair done in the midevil times which could have all skewed the date. Personally, I believe God allows things like this to remain ambiguous so that the non believers can have a way out and continue believing the lie. It's like that with Noah's ark and other ancient Biblical artifacts.

Heaven is what we call the afterlife; everyone goes there. There's judgement but no "punishment".

Shroud of Turin has not been demonstrably debunked.

Not everyone goes to heaven. Jesus makes this abundantly clear in the Bible. MOST people will NOT go there. There IS a hell, Jesus makes this abundantly clear. He created all things. Why don't you believe Him? He is going to be the judge in the end.

Not everyone goes to heaven. Jesus makes this abundantly clear in the Bible. MOST people will NOT go there. There IS a hell, Jesus makes this abundantly clear. He created all things. Why don't you believe Him? He is going to be the judge in the end.

Jesus never made anything abundantly clear and certainly not the non Christian , non Jewish idea of hell. The idea of a final judgement was acquired by the Jews from the Zoroastrians during their exile (487- 439 BC) But even the Zoroastrians believed that a time would come when all souls would be restored to Ahura Mazda, even the condemned ones. But the Zoroastrian deity was a forgiving God unlike the vile creation of the Christiaan church, a church which sought to control access to God through the threat of eternal punishment and the lie of resurrection.

Jesus never made anything abundantly clear and certainly not the non Christian , non Jewish idea of hell. The idea of a final judgement was acquired by the Jews from the Zoroastrians during their exile (487- 439 BC) But even the Zoroastrians believed that a time would come when all souls would be restored to Ahura Mazda, even the condemned ones. But the Zoroastrian deity was a forgiving God unlike the vile creation of the Christiaan church, a church which sought to control access to God through the threat of eternal punishment and the lie of resurrection.

The Christian God asks you to do one thing. Believe on what He did through Jesus so we can be free. That's it. Hell is just what it will be like without God. God invites us to be with him. If you don't want to be with him don't, but don't get all bent out of shape when what you ask for comes true.

If you don't believe in Hell that is your choice. That choice is what I believe a loving God gives all of us. If you don't want what Christ has to offer don't take it. Just get off your high horse and stop judging those who do and our God.

The Christian God asks you to do one thing.
So the 613 mitzvot of scripture, all those rules and regulations and commandments, don't count? And all Yeshua's guidelines for living? Got it.

Yeshua told his followers to abandon their wealth and families and live communally. Those who don't aren't followers of Yeshua. Sad.

So the 613 mitzvot of scripture, all those rules and regulations and commandments, don't count? And all Yeshua's guidelines for living? Got it.

Yeshua told his followers to abandon their wealth and families and live communally. Those who don't aren't followers of Yeshua. Sad.
You're supposed to love God and love each other, and all the other stuff will come from living that way. You'll automatically know where to put the tassels on your clothes, and which pot to use for clam chowder.

You're supposed to love God and love each other, and all the other stuff will come from living that way. You'll automatically know where to put the tassels on your clothes, and which pot to use for clam chowder.
Genesis 1:29: Then Lord {JHWH} said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Fungi and kelp and navel oranges are not seed-bearing. Sub-aquatic and underground plants are not on the face of the earth, but below it. Eat those and you're stealing from Lord {JHWH}. Hell is filled with ice-milk eaters (carrageen from kelp). Sad.

You are defying the evidence in favor of what you WISH were true. First you claim that the Bible doesn't say that there is a hell, then you say that the Bible does say that there is a hell. Which is it? There is plenty of evidence for Jesus and the resurrection. The bible clearly says there is a hell. I can give you the evidence, but it appears as though you don't want to be bothered with the facts.

An internet messageboard with a yard of membership requirements and terms of use, that sends you to Disney.com if you don't agree with the terms? Sounds like hell to me.

So which is it? Do we all have eternal life and opt for heaven or hell in which to spend eternity, or do we only get eternal life by signing up to Jesus, and die if we don't?

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to post my own posts here because I will get in trouble for violating the rules. This link is to a response on hell that I wrote myself. I would love to copy and paste it, but I am not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back