New Literotica Search Interface - Feedback, Bug Reports, Suggestions, etc.

How is it different? A quick rundown on the updates that were made would make it much easier and more effective for members to check the new capabilities and respond to you.

I'm only getting like 1 story per year when I have it sort by date.

The new format sucks. Change it back. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm only getting like 1 story per year when I have it sort by date.

The new format sucks. Change it back. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thank you for the report.

Can you post a link to specific searches that are not working as expected? I tested some advanced searches based on dates and got several pages of matches, but I don't know which searches are not working as expected. If you can post links here, that would be great.

As far as not changing the interface, we need to update the site interface to make it more friendly to the types of devices that Lit readers are using (like phones and tablets). We are working hard to make changes to fix the bugs and improve the design, so please keep the suggestions, comments, bug reports and any other feedback coming. We want to hear when you don't like something as well as when you do.

Thank you again!

How is it different? A quick rundown on the updates that were made would make it much easier and more effective for members to check the new capabilities and respond to you.

Good point. Functionally, it should work the same but faster. We already have reports on things that are not working as they should (some operators). We are working on those now.

The main update is the interface. At least half of Lit readers these day are reading stories on their phones or tablets, so we need to make the interface friendly for those devices. That includes small screens and touch friendliness.

In addition, we are making huge changes to the backend of Lit so that we can add more features in the future (for example, following authors, messaging, site personalization, etc.)

Thank you for the feedback.

Thank you for the report.

Can you post a link to specific searches that are not working as expected? I tested some advanced searches based on dates and got several pages of matches, but I don't know which searches are not working as expected. If you can post links here, that would be great.

As far as not changing the interface, we need to update the site interface to make it more friendly to the types of devices that Lit readers are using (like phones and tablets). We are working hard to make changes to fix the bugs and improve the design, so please keep the suggestions, comments, bug reports and any other feedback coming. We want to hear when you don't like something as well as when you do.

Thank you again!

It used to be when I picked a category in the advanced search I'd get every single story in that category starting at the current date and going backwards in time so to speak, now I'm getting 1-2 stories for each year and nothing newer than 2013

Link:

https://search.literotica.com/?query=&categories=9&sort=date&page=1

I can do a simple term search on the whole site. I can't refine my search any of the categories, I can't search for titles, and if I want to search for tags I have to go to the tag search. How is this an improvement?

In advanced search can only tick one category, where in old could tick four to search

Is there a way to use the old search system? My iPad is too old and it can't use this new search system. All that happens is a green loading bar continually goes across the screen.

No big deal if there isn't a way around this but it would be nice if there was, thanks.

The flashing green loading bar is all I can see but I can still interact with the search system, I just literally see a blank white space and just touch all around until I accidenlt click on something.

Search is one of the main useful tools on this site for me, I almost always use it to find many stories and authors that I like.
Since the update though, things I very often used in search don't work, for example:

Firstly, I usually use quotations to search for exact phrase, that does not work anymore.

Secondly, I also used to search like this: "phrase1" | "phrase2" This would give me all texts that either included phrase1 or phrase2 or both and that was VERY useful for me at least, that does not work anymore either.

I am not against changing the sites looks and whatnot, just want to see these things back and functional again if possible.

Search is one of the main useful tools on this site for me, I almost always use it to find many stories and authors that I like.
Since the update though, things I very often used in search don't work, for example:

Firstly, I usually use quotations to search for exact phrase, that does not work anymore.

Secondly, I also used to search like this: "phrase1" | "phrase2" This would give me all texts that either included phrase1 or phrase2 or both and that was VERY useful for me at least, that does not work anymore either.

I am not against changing the sites looks and whatnot, just want to see these things back and functional again if possible.

You can do that on Google too. Put in site:literotica.com "phrase here" then the genre.

Is there a way to use the old search system? My iPad is too old and it can't use this new search system. All that happens is a green loading bar continually goes across the screen.

No big deal if there isn't a way around this but it would be nice if there was, thanks.

Sorry about the issue. Can you let me know which iPad and browser you are using?

I just tested on an emulator with iPad 4 and Safari and it appears to work, but if you are seeing it not working, I'd like to try to figure out why. It should work even on old browsers (assuming they aren't like 10 years old).

Thank you for any more info you can share.

Sorry about that, there are some operators that are not working as expected. We are trying to get those back up and running as soon as possible. If you notice any other missing features, please let me know. Thank you!

You can do that on Google too. Put in site:literotica.com "phrase here" then the genre.

Yes I know about that , have been using that until I found out about the lit search site.
The problem with that is you can't sort results like you can on the site. You technically can by date, but google doesn't stamp the date on every story so a lot of stories don't appear when you search (especially the older ones), and also same stories appear multiple times (at least it did that for me).

You could still use google to search like that, but I much prefer it this way instead.

Sorry about that, there are some operators that are not working as expected. We are trying to get those back up and running as soon as possible. If you notice any other missing features, please let me know. Thank you!

Thanks for the response :) . Really looking forward to seeing these things fixed.

I'm a User of the good old Literotica App on Android.
Since the update of the Searchinterface i can't use the searchtool in the App.

"Content server has failed to respond properly. Please try again in a moment."

You will make better service for moble devise user? Why don't make both? Bring a new Update for the app and make the site good for mobile too. For me it is better to use the app, because it is like to use an ebook-reader.

New search

When I go in to the advanced search in this new format I am not getting anything newer than 2 days ago. If I choose to search by date, in descending order, it gives me random stories from random dates, it won't actually line up in chronological order unless you set a specific timeframe like the last week, last month, etc. It is very frustrating.

Back