Curious and Unusual Notions about Anatomy

CyranoJ

Ustuzou
Joined
Mar 5, 2015
Posts
2,673
So. Weird anatomy in erotic stories.

Here I'm not just talking about pornopoetic license, like the ability of erotic heroines of all shapes and sizes to withstand near-infinite punishment from improbably large and ever-ready penises. (Although if this is a deal-breaker for some readers, I do get that.)

I'm talking about more specific anatomical quirks in erotic fiction that make a reader stop and go, "hmmm." A common one, of course, is stories that go out of their way to talk about the hymen, and then promptly demonstrate that the author doesn't fully understand what or where a hymen is.

I recently ran across another curious and hitherto unfamiliar one. It was in a story (series of stories, really) that I was reviewing -- and it wasn't prevalent enough to make specific comment on in my review, it didn't ultimately spoil anything -- but nevertheless it took me aback. The author kept referring to a "rough spot" inside the vagina that they were apparently envisaging as a nerve cluster and I think was meant to represent the G-spot. Every time it came up I was like... that's not something I've ever encountered in vaginas? And if I found a "rough spot" in a partner's vagina I'd probably recommend they see a doctor?

Well, it was a fantasy story and so I just put it down to world-building. Maybe women on this particular world all have this growth inside their privates for some reason. It didn't come up too frequently, so I could mostly ignore it, and the rest of the writing was otherwise tops.

But it made me wonder what weird anatomical kinds of japery other people might have encountered in erotic writing. And it also made me neurotically wonder if I might be doing something like this myself without realizing it. So this is an invitation for AH to sound off on this phenomenon. What's the most weird and off-putting anatomical inconsistency or weirdness you've encountered in a story (on Lit or off)?
 
Ironically, one I read recently was in regard to the hymen. Someone posted in comments on one story that the hymen was located right at the entrance to the vagina...like a wax seal on an envelope. Wow! That threw me off. The comment stated that females couldn't use a sex toy for that reason without breaking the hymen. Going with that train of thought would lead an unknowing reader to believe women cannot use tampons if they are virgins. This is how all those nasty rumors get started. But, then, unknowing readers probably are underage and shouldn't be reading on this site to gain any expertise anyway.
 
Last edited:
Numerous texts describe the G-spot as having a different texture, especially when excited.
http:/www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/g-spot
htps:/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-spot

There doesn't seem to be precise descriptions due to the variance of them throughout the population (from non-existent to something detectable before excitation). Perhaps the authors experience differs from ours.
-MM
 
Numerous texts describe the G-spot as having a different texture, especially when excited.

Yeah, but I mean, I actually went and researched it while I was reading this story and Wikipedia was a part of that, but overall what's available seems to disconfirm the notion that there's a "rough patch" in the vagina that can be easily identified with the G-spot.

My own sample size of partners is only a few dozen strong so I don't take my own experience as totally dispositive; OTOH most of what I found for references to "rough patches" or "rough spots" within the vagina were references to medical conditions, not the G-spot. I can't rule out the possibility that there's the odd woman in whom the two things might coincide but... well, the sheer variance of perspectives would seem to suggest at any rate that it's hardly a consistent thing.
 
Yeah, but I mean, I actually went and researched it while I was reading this story and Wikipedia was a part of that, but overall what's available seems to disconfirm the notion that there's a "rough patch" in the vagina that can be easily identified with the G-spot.

Quoting from the first source we listed:
" The area of the G-spot is about the size of a pea, but when stimulated may enlarge to the size of a walnut. The texture of the G-spot area is not as smooth as other areas in the vagina, often having a corrugated texture."

Perhaps the difference between rough and corrugated is in the touch sense of the observer. Also the opposite of smooth is rough, so maybe it's just the wording that seems awkward.

-MM
 
Now, this is why I write mostly GM. I don't have to worry about where the hymen is. :)
 
Quoting from the first source we listed:
" The area of the G-spot is about the size of a pea, but when stimulated may enlarge to the size of a walnut. The texture of the G-spot area is not as smooth as other areas in the vagina, often having a corrugated texture."

Perhaps the difference between rough and corrugated is in the touch sense of the observer. Also the opposite of smooth is rough, so maybe it's just the wording that seems awkward.

-MM

Yeah, but it's more that there doesn't appear to be the least bit of actual agreement about that claim in the larger context. Though I guess looking at that, I can see where the author got the idea.
 
Quoting from the first source we listed:
" The area of the G-spot is about the size of a pea, but when stimulated may enlarge to the size of a walnut. The texture of the G-spot area is not as smooth as other areas in the vagina, often having a corrugated texture."

I've read "size of a bean" before.

The best article I've read about the G-spot said that only about half of women can find a G-spot for themselves, and stimulating that spot is only arousing for a fraction of the women who can find it. The article recommended that it should be regarded like a fetish, rather than as a physiological factor; it works for those who are into it, and otherwise it doesn't work.

If it's a fetish, then maybe we shouldn't be picky about how it's physical characteristics are described.
 
CyranoJ, I haven't read this in erotic stories anywhere, but in real life, do you know how many women call the 800 numbers to buy herbal pills for their prostate??? No, seriously. The operators have to ASK them if they understand the pills are for men and that women don't have a prostate? Most women are VERY surprised to learn that. SMH
 
G-spot research is ongoing and show variable results. Even if it is connected via the clitoris, growth of the individual from zygote to adult may spread portions of the tissue differently. This MRI study found A GSC (G-spot complex) was identified within the anterior vaginal wall in 13/21 patients (62%). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26776843
-MM
 
FIrst about the hymen:
It's very different for many women. Sometimes it's so small that it actually never rips and presists as a small membrane around the entrance of the pussy. Sometimes it's larger, covering almost the entire vagina and having only a small hole in the middle. In these cases I could imagine that even tampons could be tricky.
By the way, some women are born without hymen whatsoever, which led to several scandalous occasions over the years, especially in the cultures where virginity was a must for wedding. The husbands claimed that the wife was not a virgin, and those stories are rather sad.
Some girls have a hymen so thick that it actually causes problems while penetrating the first time, because it literally prevents their partner from entering, and forceful attempts cause pain to the girl.:cattail:
That's thankfully very rare, as far as I know.

Now about G-spot.
It has a different texture, doesn't mean it's rough. The best description I stumbled upon compared it to the texture of the top of your mouth. It's still very soft, like everything in the pussy.
I believe every girl has a G-spot. And every woman can get pleasure from it, so it's not "just a fetish". The thing is, it can be tricky to find and tricky to stimulate properly.
It's not like it's a nerve cluster on the vaginal wall. In fact what you are stimulating is a certain spongy tissue around the urethra, and you reach it through the vaginal wall. Depending on how thick it it, and how the girl is built, and all sorts of other reasons - it may take more effort finding it, more strength to stimulate it.
Additionally the feeling of a G-spot stimulated is a weird one, and can often be misinterpreted for wanting to pee. I imagine this alone can cause people to "not find their G-spot", when in reality they did come across it and discarded it.
It's takes an effort and adventurous mind to find it.
It's worth nothing that some girls just simply don't appreciate it much. It can make them cum, but they would rather do it in other ways.:cattail:
 
Missing: One g-spot! Almost new; still in the box. If anyone happens to run across it, could you please return to original owner?
 
Last edited:
Did you look on the reverse side of the clit? Apparently . . .
 
Time to dig out the spelunking gear. :D
I often refer to the old hardcore underground comix SOFTCORE (Print Mint, 1972) wherein a Mad Scientist does (among other things) vastly enlarge his fetching daughter and goes exploring inside her. Breathing apparatus is advised.

And I recall a digital download of a Japanese comic of two girls loving each other -- before they abuse the tied-down black guy. Anyway, we see one girl with her tongue inside the other, SEEN FROM THE INSIDE. Put your POV at about the cervix, looking out. Watch the lingual exploration of sensitive anatomy. Learn.
 
Did you look on the reverse side of the clit? Apparently . . .

Now, why didn't I think of that? I think I'm gonna need a mirror for that though. (Mirror, mirror on the wall, help my find my g-spot, that is all...over and out!) :D
 
Back
Top