The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly yes on the first. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypripedioideae

For the answer to the second you'll need to check with your Department of Natural Resources. I'm assuming you live in the east, possibly the old Northwest? If so, it might be okay. Some of the native orchids are common. However, many species have been collected to the point of endangerment so I refuse to commit myself without more information.
I'm in CT and I think by the time I was a teenager, they were few and far between. I probably single handedly put them on the endangered species list. I was forever picking flowers. My mother would see me coming and get out a glass of water to see what I had brought for her.

I've been away from Lit for quite a while. Feels almost strange to post again, like I don't know where to pick up.

So, I'll bite..... Where'd ya go?

Thanks, Bear. I learned that it is not extinct and it's on the secure list. I can remove my guilt of wiping out a species, but I did learn if you pick the flower, the plant dies. It says the flower has to cycle through to have the plant flower again. So, yah, I guess I did wipe out the crop in my back yard. Stupid kid. To this day, I still remember the smell of them. And, I found out, its the state wildflower of New Hampshire. This was fun.:)

Thanks, Bear. I learned that it is not extinct and it's on the secure list. I can remove my guilt of wiping out a species, but I did learn if you pick the flower, the plant dies. It says the flower has to cycle through to have the plant flower again. So, yah, I guess I did wipe out the crop in my back yard. Stupid kid. To this day, I still remember the smell of them. And, I found out, its the state wildflower of New Hampshire. This was fun.:)

And the neat part is that since they're native to your area, you could grow them outside in the garden. How cool is that? I'll bet there are local nurseries around you that carry them. These folks would know. http://www.ctorchids.org/

Last edited:
And the neat part is that since they're native to your area, you could grow them outside in the garden. How cool is that? I'll bet there are local nurseries around you that carry them. These folks would know. http://www.ctorchids.org/

I worked for a nursery a few years ago. I've never seen then for sale here. But I bet with all of the damn shade in my yard, I could grow them. They are up around my sister in NH, too, according wiki. Maybe I can transplant from her yard. This is good to think about, but now, I think some more. State plant from NH, I'll bet I could never dig them up without getting arrested.:eek: This is cool. I'm going to check into it. It will just be hard not to pick them.:(

Good Morning all.

Coffee is served.
Doughnuts are en route.
The fire's lit
I'm going back to bed for a bit

Good Morning all.

Coffee is served.
Doughnuts are en route.
The fire's lit
I'm going back to bed for a bit

Morning. Enjoy your rest.

I'm going to write a bit more and see what happens before I have class this afternoon. It's Human Relations, I do hope I relate to humans, it would stink to find out I don't. :rolleyes:

Morning. Enjoy your rest.

I'm going to write a bit more and see what happens before I have class this afternoon. It's Human Relations, I do hope I relate to humans, it would stink to find out I don't. :rolleyes:

Morning Glory. :rose: :kiss:

I think you relate very well to humans. ;)

What ya writing? Something sexy and good I hope. ;)

Morning Glory. :rose: :kiss:

I think you relate very well to humans. ;)

What ya writing? Something sexy and good I hope. ;)

Good morning to you. :kiss:

Thanks, I like to think I do. :D

I think it'll be good, not very sexy though. This is to be the final chapter of "A Royal Sacrifice", which was one of the chain stories I left uncompleted. Throughout the story there was not a lot of sex for the characters, just a few here and there, but nothing that really screamed for the need to have an outrageous description of it in every chapter. I don't believe this one will either, though it might, I'll just have to see what becomes of it.

How is your morning progressing?

Good morning to you. :kiss:

Thanks, I like to think I do. :D

I think it'll be good, not very sexy though. This is to be the final chapter of "A Royal Sacrifice", which was one of the chain stories I left uncompleted. Throughout the story there was not a lot of sex for the characters, just a few here and there, but nothing that really screamed for the need to have an outrageous description of it in every chapter. I don't believe this one will either, though it might, I'll just have to see what becomes of it.

How is your morning progressing?

Still working on the first cup of coffee. Of course, my mug is like 20 ounces. All my reports are done and sent and they are drilling 5 feet an hour. So far, so good. :D

I should be working on my Earth Day story but it's already turning into a novel so it looks like it will be for next years contest. :rolleyes:

Now I need a short quick something for this year. That leaves you out. ;)

Still working on the first cup of coffee. Of course, my mug is like 20 ounces. All my reports are done and sent and they are drilling 5 feet an hour. So far, so good. :D

I should be working on my Earth Day story but it's already turning into a novel so it looks like it will be for next years contest. :rolleyes:

Now I need a short quick something for this year. That leaves you out. ;)

I'm working on my first Mt. Dew of the day. ;) I never wrote for the Earth Day contests here. I did Nude Day or something like that though, I think. l forget.

I'm short and I can be quick, though I'm sure we'd both find slow is much more to our liking. ;) :devil:

I'm working on my first Mt. Dew of the day. ;) I never wrote for the Earth Day contests here. I did Nude Day or something like that though, I think. l forget.

I'm short and I can be quick, though I'm sure we'd both find slow is much more to our liking. ;) :devil:

So, Red, is the naked party room your newest hangout? Are you going to enter the Earth day contest. I have a story ready to go. Just waiting to enter.
DG

So, Red, is the naked party room your newest hangout? Are you going to enter the Earth day contest. I have a story ready to go. Just waiting to enter.
DG

I don't think I have a new hangout, just happen to post where the conversation is going. First few days it was over on the Playground with Brett, then another day it was on some other thread. So where there is a conversation taking place and I'm conversing in it, I guess I'll be there. lol

I'm soooo not entering any contest any time soon ( I say that now, but who knows). lol I can however, guarantee you I won't be entering the Earth Day one.

Good luck with yours. :)

I don't think I have a new hangout, just happen to post where the conversation is going. First few days it was over on the Playground with Brett, then another day it was on some other thread. So where there is a conversation taking place and I'm conversing in it, I guess I'll be there. lol

I'm soooo not entering any contest any time soon ( I say that now, but who knows). lol I can however, guarantee you I won't be entering the Earth Day one.

Good luck with yours. :)

Oh, I don't need luck, but thank you. I will probably put it in loving wife so it will get hammered pretty good.:)
Damn, I'm sure happy to see your back, front as well.:D:heart:

Oh, I don't need luck, but thank you. I will probably put it in loving wife so it will get hammered pretty good.:)

it is nice to have her back isn't it.

On another note, ES sent me a questionnaire for their authors interview. I mentioned your name in it. I hope you don't mind. It was under favorite authors. :D

You're welcome. :) Ahh, yes the loving wife category, loved by many and slandered by the same ones that love it.

Glad to make ya happy. :) :kiss:

it is nice to have her back isn't it.

On another note, ES sent me a questionnaire for their authors interview. I mentioned your name in it. I hope you don't mind. It was under favorite authors. :D

Thank you for both the welcome back and the mention as one of your favorites. :kiss: It really is nice to be back and I am glad I'm here. I definitely feel I've changed somewhat, but not so much that I am a completely different individual.

And here's your glass of Peach Schnapps with a dash of lemonade: on ice.

And with that, I'd better retreat. It's late and I've not had my pill yet.
G'night all.

Evening, Nakeds. :kiss:

Just passing through, but thought I would stop by for a wicked lemonade.

Hey, Red. How's it going?

I'm doing well. Gettin' tired and heading to bed soon. Wrote some today and that felt nice, but now I need a bit of alone time to get the rest of it done, seeing as it involves a bit of one on one contact. :devil:

How has your day been? Did you continue cleaning? or did you get to enjoy your day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back