Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #43001
ecstaticsub
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
I got my outbreak of shingles in my early 40s, though they are much more common in those 60-plus. Mine ran from just "outside" the outer corner of my left eye, diagonally down to the left corner of my mouth. It was a little scary, because the doctors told me that if one of the blisters at the corner of my eye were to burst and leak into my eye, I had a significant chance of losing the sight in that eye. Fortunately, none did, and I'm no blinder now than I was then (20/200 uncorrected; 20/20, 20/30 corrected).

They have had, for almost 20 years, a beneficial side effect: they are an early-warning signal for an oncoming migraine headache. I learned eventually that when the particular nerve running that path starts to signal, I am in danger of a stress-triggered migraine. If I can sufficiently reduce the stress level within 30 minutes or so, I don't *get* the migraine. I might end up with a *stress* headache, but not a full-blown migraine.

I was in my very early 30's went I got shingles also. My outbreak was also on my face, the upper right quadrant around my eye. I have suffered from migraines since my 20's and they have always began right above that area. I wonder if there is some sort of connection.

I was on vicodin for a few days but it wasn't too severe. I am very thankful to Valacyclovir. The timing of mine was extremely inconvenient, it disrupted a play event my Dominant had planned for us involving other people. But we rescheduled so it didn't turn out so bad

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."~~~Frieda Norris The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Old 09-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #43002
Etoile
Mod, 2003-2015

Just saw the above post, just realized I am 90 mins late for my antiviral. Doh!

Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #43003
desertslave
Literotica Guru

My thanks for the shingles posts. I'm getting myself to Walgreen's this weekend for a shot!

Old 09-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #43004
cfuhrer
whiskey in a tea cup

I am truly blessed. I know that. I have good days and bad days like everyone. I have issues like anyone else. But I have been blessed, especially the last 18 months.

Today as a kind of mental exercise I decided to try and find something about my job that I didn't like and after much thought and struggle I finally landed on...

Having to get up and get there in the mornings.

That is how insanely blessed I am, my life so not sucks that my only gripe about my job is getting out of bed, dressed, out the door and to my desk.

Craziness!

I could complain about a crazy schedule, I could complain about my physical issues, I could complain about my debt. But what's the point? My life is pretty awesome.

Have a fantastic friday, everyone!
97% Submissive, 95% Rope bunny, 94% Primal (Prey), 92% Brat, 92% Degradee, 87% Masochist, 73% Slave, 65% Experimentalist, 48% Girl/Boy, 23% Pet, 22% Voyeur, 18% Vanilla, 11% Ageplayer, 8% Exhibitionist, 7% Non-monogamist, 3% Primal (Hunter), 2% Sadist, 1% Daddy/Mommy, 1% Degrader, 1% Dominant, 1% Switch, 0% Brat tamer, 0% Master/Mistress, 0% Owner, 0% Rigger

Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #43005
Loverskitten
I bite

It'd be nice if my son cleaned the toilet just once. Once.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #43006
cfuhrer
whiskey in a tea cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loverskitten View Post
It'd be nice if my son cleaned the toilet just once. Once.
Good luck with that.
97% Submissive, 95% Rope bunny, 94% Primal (Prey), 92% Brat, 92% Degradee, 87% Masochist, 73% Slave, 65% Experimentalist, 48% Girl/Boy, 23% Pet, 22% Voyeur, 18% Vanilla, 11% Ageplayer, 8% Exhibitionist, 7% Non-monogamist, 3% Primal (Hunter), 2% Sadist, 1% Daddy/Mommy, 1% Degrader, 1% Dominant, 1% Switch, 0% Brat tamer, 0% Master/Mistress, 0% Owner, 0% Rigger

Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #43007
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertslave View Post
My thanks for the shingles posts. I'm getting myself to Walgreen's this weekend for a shot!
That is a good idea, though shingles *mostly* attacks those 60 and up. As you now know, it does occasionally swing down the foodchain and hit those in their 30s and 40s, too, and if it can be fitted into one's budget, eliminating the possibility of that pain is a good thing. Note, however, that if you have not had chickenpox previously, the chances of having a shingles attack is almost nil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfuhrer View Post
I am truly blessed....

Have a fantastic friday, everyone!
You, too, and a wonderful weekend!

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #43008
Loverskitten
I bite

Quote:
Good luck with that.
Ha, well apparently since he's an "adult" now he can come home at all hours and not do a damn thing around here. I actually said, "my house, my rules" yes, I have become my Dad.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #43009
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Ha, well apparently since he's an "adult" now he can come home at all hours and not do a damn thing around here. I actually said, "my house, my rules" yes, I have become my Dad.
Isn't it strange that when we become parents, we also (usually), to some degree, become *our* parents?

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #43010
Loverskitten
I bite

Quote:
Isn't it strange that when we become parents, we also (usually), to some degree, become *our* parents?
No. It's terrifying

Old 09-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #43011
midwestyankee
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Better yet, become your lawyer. Write up a contract that explains precisely what he gets from you and what he must provide in return. Further, include the consequences of failing to hold up his side of the arrangement. Sign it and hand it to him to sign. Show him that you're serious that operating the household should be a joint venture between the two of you.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #43012
LallyH
introverted extrovert

I got a very public apology today from a guy who upset me quite badly in the past. Very surprising. I would like to think it was genuine but the realist in me isn't holding her breath.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #43013
cfuhrer
whiskey in a tea cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LallyH View Post
I got a very public apology today from a guy who upset me quite badly in the past. Very surprising. I would like to think it was genuine but the realist in me isn't holding her breath.
I've always felt there was a strong correlation between public and true.

Movies: with exception very public and very untrue.

Stuff that happens in one's bathroom: very private and very true.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #43014
the captians wench
sewing wench

Totally just took my top and bra off on stage in front of a few hundred people including a lady buying a dress from me and her husband.

And it kicked so much ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homburg View Post
Look ye to this woman, verily, as an example to all ye aspiring cocksuckers.

writings of a true lady
Jounar's fat bottomed slut
And proud owner of his cock.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #43015
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Ladies with bra-fitting issues, you need to schedule a trip to Indianapolis.
From size AAA to N, Indy bra shop is No. 1 in nation

Barbara’s New Beginnings has been named the the best bra-fitting shop in the nation. The store has more than 10,000 bras in sizes AAA to N. Personal fitters, who go through three months of training, make sure bras fit just right, down to the smallest of details like proper band width.

The store’s wide assortment, coupled with over-the-top customer service, earned Barbara’s a prestigious The Best of Intima Award last month in New York City. These awards are the Academy Awards of lingerie shops.
More at the article linked in the headline above.

And CM, if you're looking for a new job in a new location....

Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #43016
LallyH
introverted extrovert

Quote:
I've always felt there was a strong correlation between public and true.

Movies: with exception very public and very untrue.

Stuff that happens in one's bathroom: very private and very true.
Exactly.....to me, the very fact it was so public screamed 'Look at me - aren't I great?' rather than anything else. Ironically, part of his apology was to say that he'd stopped behaving as though he was the lead actor in the film called life

Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #43017
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

Quote:
Ladies with bra-fitting issues, you need to schedule a trip to Indianapolis.

I miss my work.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #43018
seela
Quark Thief

All of a sudden I remembered the password for my private blog I wrote 7 years ago. Yeah, shouldn't have read. *facepalm*

-Edith Södergran: Wandering clouds

Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #43019
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieMouse View Post
I miss my work.
I'm sorry - should I have not posted this?

Old 09-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #43020
desertslave
Literotica Guru

Hoping that Good Intentions(tm) turn into reality.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #43021
Slave_Katie
Really Really Experienced

Trying not to get too excited about a really good Saturday. The situation could change at any moment, so I have to take each visit and enjoy it to the fullest! And I can hope to be so completely filled again soon ^_^

Old 09-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #43022
Ropebunny
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by seela View Post
All of a sudden I remembered the password for my private blog I wrote 7 years ago. Yeah, shouldn't have read. *facepalm*
You're lucky to have remembered it! I wish I could remember the password I used for the site I posted some poetry to about 7 years ago too. I was proud of it at the time and posted it with my full name. Now it's the first thing that comes up when my name is googled, and it's obviously me as I have a pretty unique last name. I need to get onto contacting the site to see if I can get it removed but I'm anticipating it to be a huge pain in the ass, if it's even possible to get it removed that is.

*sigh*
'And a few days later twelve of the eggs hatched out, but the thirteenth egg was no good. To this day I've wondered whether it was the same one that was always showing, and whether that was the one that was no good. My brother said that the hen knew it was no good and didn't bother to keep it warm. He may have been right. Children are rather like hens. They know things that men and women don't know, but when they grow up they forget them.' A Hen and some Eggs ~ Frank Sargeson.

I want to know everything
I want to be everywhere
I want to fuck everyone in the world
I want to do something that matters
~
I do not want this
Nine Inch Nails

Old 09-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #43023
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

Quote:
I'm sorry - should I have not posted this?
No, it's ok. I don't enjoy change (or transition) at the best of times, and new fall collections are coming out... I miss making a living through my passion, instead of simply going to work every day. And keeping my financial head above water... I miss that, too.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #43024
seela
Quark Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropebunny View Post
You're lucky to have remembered it! I wish I could remember the password I used for the site I posted some poetry to about 7 years ago too. I was proud of it at the time and posted it with my full name. Now it's the first thing that comes up when my name is googled, and it's obviously me as I have a pretty unique last name. I need to get onto contacting the site to see if I can get it removed but I'm anticipating it to be a huge pain in the ass, if it's even possible to get it removed that is.

*sigh*
At least it was private, no one could read it and it didn't have my name attached to it. But I deleted it altogether. Better safe than sorry. I cannot believe I was so angsty worried about silly stuff only 7 years ago!

I have a similar situation to yours on another site, though. I put my info on a classmates.com type of thing about 12 years ago when I was barely in highschool, and now it pops up every time someone googles my name. My school history along with a really, really stupid (ie. I thought it was funny as hell back then) "tell something about yourself, anything goes" introduction...

I forgot about the whole thing for years and years, until a friend told me about her problems trying to get her account deleted there. She doesn't remember which email address she used to log on, and the admins of the site said there's nothing they can do about it. I remember the address I used, but I can't get it down, because I don't remember the password and the email provider for my password recovery address no longer exists.

I've been hoping they just take the whole site down, because no one actually uses it anymore.

-Edith Södergran: Wandering clouds

Old 09-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #43025
desertslave
Literotica Guru

There are moments when (especially in reference to men) subtlety is a complete waste of time.

Closed Thread