Trans heroes

stickygirl

All the witches
I was just watching a documentary "Spitfire Girls" about women pilots in WWII who ferried military aircraft from factories to where they were needed. The interviewed old ladies were still amazing women, often with a slightly detached presence as they thought back to those days for the camera. One woman told about a friend who "always thought like a man" and who later went on to change his gender to male: without a single word of criticism or disapproval.
So I googled and found another amazing story in today's Independent which tells of a MtF trans woman who flew combat aircraft in that war, then raced cars then transitioned in later life. She died alone in 2011 but her daughters didn't find out until two years later.

Just thought I'd share this :)

I know a girl she is 20 and she trouvh hard time being trans gender,

So yeah being in the wrong body back then such a big issue!!

some more useful anti-troll info

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36429860

Transgender people are banned from serving in the US armed forces, yet an estimated 12,800 do, the vast majority in secret. Jane, a senior airman, has hidden her gender identity from the military for 25 years. She hopes a policy review announced last year will allow her finally to be herself.

Hypermasculinity is a route quite a lot of transgender people go and that takes them into the military, often pursuing the more dangerous active duties - and excelling. Because we're mentally ill and a liability and disgrace to our countries - you know, complete failures like ex-Navy Seal, Kristin Beck who risked her life and fought for her country.

having to (mostly) hide my trans-ness is so hard. i have ways of expressing a few things though at least. when i think about the people who have to completely closet their trans identity, it makes me incredibly sad. i can totally understand why a lot would go the hyper-masculinity route, i guess to try to block it out and give away no clue as to their true nature? the fact these people can excel at what they do makes them even more incredible to me

two more nominations

Two trans heroes I would like to mention are Namoli Brennet and Stickygirl:

Namoli has been out for years, chronicling her life in original music that she composes, performs, and markets every day. She does her work with such humanity, conveying her joy, mischievousness, and passion to her audience.

Stickygirl is a star of this website, essentially exploring people's attitudes and prejudices, educating them about trans life with humor and equanimity, and standing in dignity and grace against the scourge of objectifying trans women.

Both of these heroes are uplifting to all whom they touch with their art. They make me feel good about being a human. We need to recognize the heroes amongst us.

I've very touched Coati, but really, Namoli is way out there. I'm just a whiny pain in the ass who gets pissed at injustice, but yes, sometimes humour gets results when others methods don't. I'm grateful to have this platform and for people being so patient with me :rose:

Stickygirl is a star of this website, essentially exploring people's attitudes and prejudices, educating them about trans life with humor and equanimity, and standing in dignity and grace against the scourge of objectifying trans women.
Seconded. You're pretty much Lit's advocate for transgender people, which is far more than most people do. I've learned a lot from you. :rose:

Two trans heroes I would like to mention are Namoli Brennet and Stickygirl:

Namoli has been out for years, chronicling her life in original music that she composes, performs, and markets every day. She does her work with such humanity, conveying her joy, mischievousness, and passion to her audience.

Both of these heroes are uplifting to all whom they touch with their art. They make me feel good about being a human. We need to recognize the heroes amongst us.
Very proud of stickygirl!

I've very touched Coati, but really, Namoli is way out there. I'm just a whiny pain in the ass who gets pissed at injustice, but yes, sometimes humour gets results when others methods don't. I'm grateful to have this platform and for people being so patient with me :rose:

Humble as well... Rose(Nadia)such a beautiful name. Keep working for the good fight sister

Sylvia Rivera has always been a heroine of mine for her activism from Stonewall onward.

Michelle Duff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Duff

Michelle Ann Duff (born Michael Alan Duff on December 13, 1939 in Toronto) is a former Grand Prix motorcycle road racer. Her best season was in 1965 when she won the 250cc Finnish Grand Prix and finished the year in second place to Phil Read.

Duff suffered a near-fatal crash in Japan and required extensive surgery and physical therapy. Her recovery was documented in the 1967 National Film Board of Canada short documentary film Ride for Your Life, directed by Robin Spry.

Following sex reassignment surgery, she wrote about her life as a trans woman in Make Haste, Slowly: The Mike Duff story.

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/fget/cf/46...uff-040615.jpg

http://www.michelle-duff.ca/webphoto...elleramsey.jpg

http://www.michelle-duff.ca/webphotos/spawin.jpg

Ride for Your Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM2XFeP8Urg

Member of the Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Fame

Last edited:
Car and Driver used to(not sure if they still do, haven't read it in years) have an artist that drew comics and whatnot named Pippa something. I was always ammused with her art. There wasn't any information on her since all she did was draw. It wasn't until an episode of Discoverys Monster Garage that she was on the build team, that I found out that my favorite car mag artist was MtF trans. I thought that was awesome as fuck.

Car and Driver used to(not sure if they still do, haven't read it in years) have an artist that drew comics and whatnot named Pippa something. I was always ammused with her art. There wasn't any information on her since all she did was draw. It wasn't until an episode of Discoverys Monster Garage that she was on the build team, that I found out that my favorite car mag artist was MtF trans. I thought that was awesome as fuck.

I look in the mirror every day and promise to be awesome :) meh - some days are better than others :D

To be honest...I didn't even know there were any transgender people on Literotica anymore. I knew one, but she's long gone.
Well, now you know another *curtsey* :)

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, has any one heard from Stella_Omega or Gi_Venus (Gia)???

I know both of them were transitioning, but never heard anything after that.

Stella hasn't shown up here in ages and the latest activity I can see elsewhere is back in April. I've dropped a line to say we'd love to say hi.

Cool facts but altering your body , the body that nature created is not a wise choice as we have often found trying to out smart nature we often suffer later because we just aren't that smart.

Trans is just an over hyped fade and is harming people.
Thinking your a unicorn doesn't make you one no matter how many cheerleaders help you.

Cool facts but altering your body , the body that nature created is not a wise choice as we have often found trying to out smart nature we often suffer later because we just aren't that smart.

Thinking your a unicorn doesn't make you one no matter how many cheerleaders help you.

Really?? Fuck why'd no one tell me this...
06164e5499445c9d3614c6608ac489da17b3696357ce076685142db1b26f4f5a.jpg

Cool facts but altering your body , the body that nature created is not a wise choice

Counterpoint: nature fucks up ALL THE TIME, and altering your body to fix those fuckups is a great idea!

When I was a baby, my parents got a doctor to alter my body by vaccinating me against a bunch of unpleasant-to-deadly diseases.

When I was four, another doctor altered my body by performing surgery on my ears. It stopped me from getting excruciatingly painful ear infections that would've probably left me deaf.

When I was a teenager, I kept getting nasty infected ingrown toenails because those nails weren't growing properly. A surgeon altered my body by trimming a bit of the nail bed, and I've never had issues with it since.

When I was twenty, a dental surgeon altered my body to remove my wisdom teeth, which would otherwise have impacted and caused all sorts of nasty complications.

Lately, I've been taking a little tablet every day to deal with some of the issues that come with being older.

And that's just the stuff I feel like talking about to strangers...

Several of my relatives had their bodies surgically altered to prevent breast cancer, which runs in that side of the family. My best friend had laser surgery and doesn't need glasses any more. Another friend had her uterus removed so she no longer gets wiped out by menstrual cramps one week out of every four. Another relative got a pacemaker, another one got knee surgery. Two of my relatives were born via IVF when "natural" methods of getting pregnant weren't up to the job.

If you want to keep your body "natural", that's a choice you get to make. It's a very unusual choice - much rarer than something like transgender surgeries - but I'm not gonna judge you for that. Just don't expect other people to opt for "natural" when the unnatural option gives better chances on being happy and healthy.

Trans people have been around since long before you were born.

^^ And that's not even going into the more extreme mistakes like conjoined twins and the more common defects like people born without limbs or sight/hearing.

About a grillion years ago, I met someone, born 'male', who lived pretty much their whole life as a man, in the merchant navy (which would have been through the 50-80s, I'd guess?). My memory is a bit hazy, but I think she was living as herself when on-shore from relatively late in life, and then after retiring at 65, fully transitioned.

I've met a lot of amazing trans folk since then, but she's always stayed with me, I think mostly because of her utterly down-to-earth attitude about something that, through most of her life, must have been ... well, 'difficult' seems like a bit of an understatement.

Just out of curiosity, has any one heard from Stella_Omega or Gi_Venus (Gia)???

I know both of them were transitioning, but never heard anything after that.

Stella hasn't shown up here in ages and the latest activity I can see elsewhere is back in April. I've dropped a line to say we'd love to say hi.
:eek: Bramble left a message on one of my old blogs back in November and I finally noticed it...
Facebook ate my brain, so embarrassing.

*waves hi*
How is everyone?
Edited to say

this is where I'm at in my transition:) Not much face fuzz, and my hair is climbing up my forehead as fast as it grows long.
No one ever thinks I might be female when they see me, but they probably think I'm just the sweetest old queen ever, but they don't mention it. And my voice is still totally feminine.
I'm okay with it, overall :)

Last edited:
Back