PM box "100% Full"

Lynn_MXX

Really Experienced
Does this mean I have to delete everything in order to receive new messages? I could go through everything item by item, and delete all that is not required, but that's something that would be very time consuming. Lately, I've been forced to give out my Yahoo Messenger address in order to continue a conversation; something that's unsatisfactory

Could I put all of my messages in a file? Please bear in mind that I'm not a computer whizz kid

Delete one. Delete them all. Delete some. Keep what you want, but in order to get any more messages you have to delete something. Easy way is to delete your sent messages only.

You can export them to word and save them there. Then clear out your box.

Down at the bottom of you list of messages you have three choices to download all your messages...

attachment.php

Word can load all three formats.

Then you can delete all the ones you don't want or all the older ones.

:rose:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 179
Does this mean I have to delete everything in order to receive new messages? I could go through everything item by item, and delete all that is not required, but that's something that would be very time consuming. Lately, I've been forced to give out my Yahoo Messenger address in order to continue a conversation; something that's unsatisfactory

Could I put all of my messages in a file? Please bear in mind that I'm not a computer whizz kid

This is a problem I've never understood:

Welcome, Weird Harold.
You last visited: Today at 02:12 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

I think the largest number there has ever been in the Bolded portion is 3. If you delete messages as soon as you've dealt with them, then you never have the problem.

In your case, since you've gotten into the problem, when you display the contents of your inbox or sent messages folder (or any custom folders you might have) the posts are in chronological order with the oldest posts at the bottom of the page. Open your inbox, hit Ctrl-End (or whatever gets you to the end of the list) and check every post on the page. Choose "Delete Selected" from the drop down menu and delete that page of old posts.

Repeat until your inbox is down below half full -- five or six pages worth. Do the same for your sent messages. Don't try to save anything from that end of the list, because you haven't looked at any of those messages since they came in anyway.

I think the largest number there has ever been in the Bolded portion is 3.
Yeah, but you have a male-sounding username and you don't appear to be trolling the "straight guys who :heart: cock" threads.

I've found that the solution to having a nice, neat inbox is to have a truly off-putting forum persona.

If you click the checkbox above all of the messages, that will do a Select All kinda thing.

You can also do it for each day's posts, so you don't need to check each message individually.

Yeah, but you have a male-sounding username and you don't appear to be trolling the "straight guys who :heart: cock" threads.

I've found that the solution to having a nice, neat inbox is to have a truly off-putting forum persona.
It's more that I delete PMs (and don't save Sent PMs) rather than wait eight or nine years or so for my PM folders to get full -- (the Original Poster joined in 2006) -- so I never get an accumulation of OLD PMs.

I've got a limit of 2500 messages.

Hallelujah!

You don't have to delete everything, just make space for any new incoming messages.

Like the people before me said, you can download all your messages. Look for that option on the bottom of your Private Messages screen. It goes something like this:

Download all Private Messages as:
XML | CSV | Text

Last edited:
Back