Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 12-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
bailadora
We create the dreams.

Need advice from shoe sales personnel

Does anyone know how shoe sizes work, in terms of how much additional space there is when ascending the scale?

The pair of navy pumps I recently purchased online are way too small for me. They are purportedly a women's 5 (US), but I can barely get my foot into it. When I do, the tip of my big toe is at the very end of the shoe, my toes are all cramped together, and the back of the shoe cuts into my heel.

They do have larger sizes available, but with how tightly these things fit, I don't know if I should size up a half or a whole size. A call to the vendor was less than helpful, as the CSR couldn't really tell me anything about it, except to apologize that they didn't fit, and to issue a return slip.

Since it's such a bitch to find my size in a brick and mortar store, I really don't want to give up on these yet. If you're in shoe sales, and you have any advice for me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling. ~ Lionel, Maid in Manhattan

Experience is what you get when you didnít get what you wanted. ~ Dr. Randy Pausch

This is LIT-erotica, where the size of your polysyllable matters. - swiped from Velvet Darkness

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who do not believe, no proof is possible.~ Stuart Chase

Swiped from Fire Breeze: my johari window. Curiosity and all that jazz...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding Dirty PMs: Don't bother. Your orgasm is not my problem.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
GiggLeGasm
June Cleaver Wannabe

Location: Clevelandish, Ohio... A great place to live; I wouldn't want to vacation here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailadora View Post
Does anyone know how shoe sizes work, in terms of how much additional space there is when ascending the scale?

The pair of navy pumps I recently purchased online are way too small for me. They are purportedly a women's 5 (US), but I can barely get my foot into it. When I do, the tip of my big toe is at the very end of the shoe, my toes are all cramped together, and the back of the shoe cuts into my heel.

They do have larger sizes available, but with how tightly these things fit, I don't know if I should size up a half or a whole size. A call to the vendor was less than helpful, as the CSR couldn't really tell me anything about it, except to apologize that they didn't fit, and to issue a return slip.

Since it's such a bitch to find my size in a brick and mortar store, I really don't want to give up on these yet. If you're in shoe sales, and you have any advice for me, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
As a general rule, a whole size is about a cm. It is not exact. For my sons, one of whom is a size 16, we were better off using the cm measurement only. There was too much variation otherwise.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggLeGasm View Post
As a general rule, a whole size is about a cm. It is not exact. For my sons, one of whom is a size 16, we were better off using the cm measurement only. There was too much variation otherwise.
See Wikipedia on shoe sizes. Anglish foot sizes are based on peppercorns, as with the inch and dram. There's a fine folk history there.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

You need Pmann.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #5
Lord Pmann
Literotica Guru

Not only am I the Fashion Fairy, but my first job was selling women's shoes.

Show sizes vary so greatly from manufacturers. In fact, the brand of shoes I typically wear vary greatly and that's the same maker. I generally know what size I'll wear, but I'm often surprised at how small or how big a particular pair may be. For instance, I have one pair that's a 10.5 EEE that was very narrow (that's right ladies) when I received it. I have a shoe stretcher, so I worked that bugger out. Most of their shoes are a 10 D, for me.

I say all that not to make my dick sound wider than it is, but to say that shoe size is insanely inconsistent. While there is a general rule for the sizes, the variation is great.

It sounds like you could stand to go up a half size (at least) and possibly another width. I presume your size is a 5 B. Perhaps try a 5.5 D. The beauty of ordering from the manufacturer is that, if they make the size, you can order it- rather than trying to get it at a store.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
unregistered

Old 12-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #7
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtohisPB View Post
You have a shoe stretcher?
It's taken me a long time to understand why We parted ways. Now I know for sure, he truly likes the cawk.

*runs*

Old 12-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #8
Lord Pmann
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
It's taken me a long time to understand why We parted ways. Now I know for sure, he truly likes the cawk.

*runs*
Shaddup fucker!!!

@JtohisPB-

Yes. I have a shoe stretcher. Two. And many shoe trees.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #9
MeekMe
Unsweetened

I feel your pain, baila. I wear size 5 to 5.5 depending on the brand. I try to stick to the same brands because they consistently fit.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #10
bailadora
We create the dreams.

It's a pain in the arse, isn't it, Meeks? I try to keep to the same vendors, but they don't always come through for me. The trend in ladies shoes is going towards more of a pointy toe, and that just isn't me. So when I found these for a decent price (they're even less now than when I first ordered them), I was thrilled.

Pmann, it doesn't look like they offer any other width than a M. Theoretically, I could order both the half and the whole size up, but then I'd have to ship back two pairs of shoes that don't fit. Thoughts?

What we do, Miss Ventura, does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling. ~ Lionel, Maid in Manhattan

Experience is what you get when you didnít get what you wanted. ~ Dr. Randy Pausch

This is LIT-erotica, where the size of your polysyllable matters. - swiped from Velvet Darkness

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who do not believe, no proof is possible.~ Stuart Chase

Swiped from Fire Breeze: my johari window. Curiosity and all that jazz...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding Dirty PMs: Don't bother. Your orgasm is not my problem.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #11
unregistered

Old 12-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #12
Miles Long
Fuck victoriously!

There are a lot of people fapping to this thread for a lot of weird reasons.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #13
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Long View Post
There are a lot of people fapping to this thread for a lot of weird reasons.
Freaks.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #14
Miles Long
Fuck victoriously!

Quote:
Freaks.
Total freaks.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #15
MeekMe
Unsweetened

Quote:
It's a pain in the arse, isn't it, Meeks? I try to keep to the same vendors, but they don't always come through for me. The trend in ladies shoes is going towards more of a pointy toe, and that just isn't me. So when I found these for a decent price (they're even less now than when I first ordered them), I was thrilled.

Pmann, it doesn't look like they offer any other width than a M. Theoretically, I could order both the half and the whole size up, but then I'd have to ship back two pairs of shoes that don't fit. Thoughts?
Ugh, I can never find my size in the shoes I like. I love short heels, pointed or rounded toes work for me. Those shoes are great, BTW. (*^^*)

Old 12-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #16
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmann View Post
Shaddup fucker!!!

@JtohisPB-

Yes. I have a shoe stretcher. Two. And many shoe trees.

MANY shoe trees. *snigger*

Old 12-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #17
Lord Pmann
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Well, at least you would have the ones that fit. It would suck to order them and they don't fit and then you have to do another order. You could at least know in one more order whether they will work at all.

One thing I've learned from my days working in women's shoes is that it's difficult to get the right fit on women's shoes. We all loved selling in the men's department. Size and fit seemed to be much more simple. Or the men were less fickle pickles. Not sure which.

I would order both sizes and see.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #18
Lord Pmann
Literotica Guru

Quote:

MANY shoe trees. *snigger*
That's sAfrican American, thank you very much. Rude.

And yes. Many shoe trees. For my many, glorious shoes.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #19
Rainshine
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmann View Post
That's sAfrican American, thank you very much. Rude.

And yes. Many shoe trees. For my many, revolting shoes.
FYP. You're welcome.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #20
khlarrissa
Really Experienced

Quote:
Since it's such a bitch to find my size in a brick and mortar store
I do not know where you live, but if you're near a Nordstrom -- esp a Nordstrom Rack -- give it a check. I fall at the other end of the shoe spectrum and it was a wonder when I walked into the Rack the first time to find several sections of wall shelves in my size.
If you'd like to PM me, feel free, but understand that I may not respond. It's nothing personal -- it seems I don't have enough time to maintain my non-Lit life ... and I'm on here too much as it is! ;.)

Old 12-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #21
unregistered

Old 12-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #22
khlarrissa
Really Experienced

Amazonian also. I'm an 11. Every now and then, a 10.5W will fit me, but a standard 11 is usually the ticket.
If you'd like to PM me, feel free, but understand that I may not respond. It's nothing personal -- it seems I don't have enough time to maintain my non-Lit life ... and I'm on here too much as it is! ;.)

Old 12-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #23
unregistered

Old 12-24-2014, 05:13 AM   #24
silverwhisper
just this guy, you know?

my wife wears an 11-12 so i'm gonna lurk to see if i can get any suggestions. :>

ed

exemplar of youthful snark: "does it hurt little boy? are you going to cry now? well suck it up and be a man."

psst! hey, wanna see a blog?

Old 12-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #25
Lord Pmann
Literotica Guru

Nordstrom Rack does have good selection. However, their prices are much more dear. Bailadora found a nice looking pair of shoes at an amazing price.