Best sentence you've ever heard?

'Well, I'm pleased to inform you that you can now ask Mister Mirage to die in a fire.'
 
What I consider to be the best line ever uttered in a movie, because it evokes the very essence of irony:

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?'"

As spoken by Val Kilmer in the film Real Genius. A little gem of intelligent humor that, as a young teenager, I loved but did not understand, and as an adult, I understood and loved even more.
 
When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean.
—Lin-Chi
 
Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.
—John Wilmot
 
When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.
—Norm Crosby
 
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
—Oscar Wilde
 
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
—Oscar Levant
 
We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
—Robert Wilensky
 
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow
 
Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it.
—Cullen Hightower
 
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
—H. L. Mencken
 
I took a speed reading course and read ‘War and Peace’ in twenty minutes. It involves Russia.
—Woody Allen
 
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
—André Gide
 
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw
 
"How do you get a sweet little 80-year-old lady to say the F word? Get another sweet little 80-year-old lady to yell ‘BINGO!’”*
 
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”*
 
“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go” - Oscar Wilde
 


Famous Last Words...



** It's fireproof.

** He's probably just hibernating.

** What does this button do?

** It's probably just a rash.

** Are you sure the power is off?

** The odds of that happening have to be a million to one!

** Pull the pin and count to what?

** Which wire was I supposed to cut?

** I wonder where the mother bear is.

** I've seen this done on TV.

** These are the good kind of mushrooms.

** I'll hold it and you light the fuse.

** Let it down slowly.

** It's strong enough for both of us.

** This doesn't taste right.

** I can make this light before it changes.

** Nice doggie.

** I can do that with my eyes closed.

** I've done this before.

** What duck?

** Well, we've made it this far.

** That's odd.

** Don't be so superstitious.

** Now watch this.



http://www.cartalk.com/content/read-on/2001/07.14-2.html
 
Back
Top