Best sentence you've ever heard?

"You see? You just can't trust anyone. The first girl I let into my life and she tries to eat me."

-Zombieland
 
“This is a real badge, I’m a real cop, and this is a real fucking gun"
 
I'm gonna rip the eyes out of your head and piss in your dead skull! You f--ked with the wrong Marine!
 
It's not a sentence but I love this phrase: "long on mascara and short on money".
 
The Cabin in the Cotton is a 1932 American drama film...spoken by a platinum-blonde Bette Davis in a Southern drawl - "Ah'd love t' kiss ya, but ah jes washed ma hayuh," a line lifted directly from the book on which the movie was based.

In later years it was immortalized by Davis impersonators and quoted in the 1995 film Get Shorty.

Quoted mostly from wikipedia...
 
What I like matters, so…


" I want you to stand there in your faggy white uniform and with your Harvard mouth, extend me some fucking courtesy!"

Jack Nicholson to Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.

HAHA!



"Before reaching the final line, however, he had already understood that he would never leave that room, for it was foreseen that the city of mirrors (or mirages) would be wiped out by the wind and exiled from the memory of men at the precise moment when Aureliano Babilonia would finish deciphering the parchments, and that everything written on them was unrepeatable since time immemorial and forever more, because races condemned to one hundred years of solitude did not have a second opportunity on earth."

–Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude (1967; trans. Gregory Rabassa)

Holy shit, that’s fuckin heavy. Wow. (Reminds me of what I loved about Lost.)

Added your flick to my To Do list… thanks.



They call me Mister Tibbs!

Damn straight. That one fuckin resonates for damn sure.

I ain't black but that has been banging around in my ears ever since the first time I heard it on TV as a boy... 'That man got up there and claimed himself. There was something wrong, and then he made it right. Simply by saying his name. I need to remember that... There's something he did to earn the right to how he said his name. I want to earn that also.'

Unfinished business.



"I would have answered your letter sooner, but you didn't send one," Goodman Ace

Hmm. Haven’t heard that one. Nice.


:)


"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

-Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything

Cheers.

… “I’m talkin’ to ya cordless!” (Random thought from another John Cusack movie me and a buddy loved endlessly, for simple and stupid reasons. Not even his line. Anything he was in was gold for a small period of time, if you were an adolescent when it occurred.)

And on that note:

“I want my 2 dollars!!”


"I think... no, I am positive... that you are the most unattractive man I have ever met in my entire life. You know, in the short time we've been together, you have demonstrated EVERY loathsome characteristic of the male personality and even discovered a few new ones. You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you're morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell. You're not even interesting enough to make me sick."

-Alexandra Medford, The Witches of Eastwick

Okay that’s an excellent choice, 2 in a row now. Hmm…



Tossing mine in there:

“Sometimes, there just aren’t enough rocks.”
-Forrest Gump


.
 
Last edited:
Detritus:

"Er r - what are a safety catch ?"

[from Men at Arms, Terry Pratchett]
 
Thurber, the 13 Clocks.

His nights were spent in evil dreams, and his days were given to wicked schemes.

Wickedly scheming, he would limp and cackle through the cold corridors of the castle, planning
new impossible feats for the suitors of Saralinda to perform.
 
On second thought...

Caskie Stinnett once wrote in the New Yorker, "Today we shall be literary remora and attach ourselves to some larger fish; speaking of Thurber..."

Or maybe it's Gunter Grass, “Granted: I AM an inmate of a mental hospital; my keeper is watching me, he never lets me out of his sight; there's a peep-hole in the door, and my keeper's eye is the shade of brown that can never see through a blue-eyed type like me.”

It's got the be the naturalist, Loren Eiseley, who so beautifully said, "There are things down there still coming ashore. Never make the mistake of thinking life is now adjusted for eternity. It gets into your head—the certainty, I mean—the human certainty, and then you miss it all: the things on the tide flats and what they mean, and why, as my wife says, "they ought to be watched."
 
Last edited:
Fron Stephen King's "On Writing"

“kill your darlings, kill your darlings, even when it breaks your egocentric little scribbler’s heart, kill your darlings”
 
Back
Top