The Raiders of the Scarlet Sails (OOC)

milkmaiden38

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Posts
4,772
Hi Everyone,
If you have been following the demon lord series this will be book 3 in that series. The first book “heroes come in all shapes and sizes” and the second book “Tigran revenge” can be read for background but are not required for this thread. This story will start about 6-8 month before those stories in a complete different part of the world.

This will be a water and air based adventure. Some of the characters will start on a pirate ship, recently acquired when they mutinied against the evil captain. WARNING, Lots of rogue-like characters in this thread, so secure your valuables before joining or they might get pinched. The characters on the ship decide to continue to be pirate. “Free captains” is the local slang term. They will have regular pirate like adventures (capture of ships … romance … treasure maps, etc) … but more and more "water demons" will start to show up. In the end they will find/stumble upon a plot by the demon lords to kill off all the life in the sea, thus eventually killing off all life on the planet. Pirates or not, the characters stop the plot and kick some demon butt.

Less big battles in this story … more sea combat and small unit operations … that kind of stuff. I’d like to add an air element as well. Maybe a fallen “angel” character, fly draconians, or humans riding griffins, etc. Adding some air to air combat as well.

This will be a long term fantasy story. So I need committed partners. Please don’t sign up if you will not keep posting!

Please post your character profiles here. Outline the following items …
- Basic personality (joyful, angry, anxious, curious, etc)
- Some background (family, profession, mystery, conflict, or significant past event)
- Defect to overcome (trusting people, panic attacks, hates one of the other character’s race/species/gender, etc)

I’ll provide my character write up as a guide (see the characters listed below).

There will be sex mixed into all the adventure parts. I know of two required sex scenes already. But I’m shooting for a pretty complete story. So the sex parts needs to flow with the story. Anyone interested please add a post to this OOC thread or PM me.
Thanks!

Race types
Any race you want to be is ok. Remember however, they will be at sea or on high mountain peaks. So if you pick a race that can’t swim … you might flounder … get it? (Puns … the lowest form of humor … and will be part of this thread (this is your last warning)!)

Pirate and Shipboard jargon. The two links below will help with the jargon if this is a weak area for you. I’m pretty bad at it. So this will be a labor of love, and please forgive my failings.
http://www.tide-mark.com/pirate_dict.html
http://speakpirate.com/

Some background on the area, legends and famous pirates.
(FYI I’m using “raiders of the fever sea” as source material)

The Shackles: A maze of isles and reefs filled with no-gooders, monsters, and treasure. It is topical (i.e. think Caribbean)

The Deathknell: a haunted ghost ship. Captained by the terrible Whalebone Pilk. The ship sails the Fever sea searching for ships to attack and feed to his ever hungry crew.

Captain Wolfe’s Treasure Trove: An old sea dog’s legend of a lost treasure … worth millions of gold pieces. Hidden and protected by a demonic fiend, the captain brought up from hell with black magic.

Tidewater Rock: a strategic keep located on the western shore of the windward isles. The keep has had multiple rulers … but one thing they all have in common is that they became rich. The legend goes that anyone who can “crack the rock” will become rich.

Butcher’s Rock: home of Cyclopes.

Port Peril, Bloodcove and Stillsquall are the major towns in the area.

Rumored Treasure is marked in big X on the map as well.

The Ship (presently named Orchid of the Sea): She is a large shallow draft vessel, coppered on the sides, with a brass plated bow. A merchant ship … but to the nautical eye, one can detect she is a fast ship. Her lines have beautiful runs; her decks are flush and level; Her brass molding is bright as burnished gold on her very sharp bow. She has only two ballistas on the forecastle. A single mast ship with a large square sail, her rigging is beautifully fitted, every rope lying in position ready for use. The pic is what the ship will look like once she has gone through a retrofit (slang term is squibbing).

(Note: Cannons are very rare. At this point, the ship has none)

“Red” Isabelle
:
- Basic personality: She is confident and knows LOTS pirate tricks. This confidence can be called … daring … or epic stupidity. She has the attitude that nothing is too hard or impossible. After you get past the over confidence … she is basically a good person. She keeps her word unless someone has broken theirs … then she will double cross them.
- Some background: Isabelle’s childhood was taken away from her at the early age of 14. She was playing at the bench at Lentel Hold when she was abducted by a band of slavers out of Fangport. Her master was 1st mate Curtis 'Grim Reaper' Salvodor or “Grim” for short. Grim was cruel to her … but grew fond of her as can happen. You’ll find out what happened to Grim in my first post.
- Defect to overcome: Isabelle has been around men most of her life and knows how to manipulate them. She needs to learn to love men not use them.
Side note: The “shock” lizard on Isabelle’s shoulder is her pet. She found him one day near death. Overtaken by a sense of pity, she ignored the pirates that told her to “let it die” she nursed him back to health. Through training Lennix (the little guy’s name) can follow simple commands.

Jura:
- Basic personality: This creature is at war with itself. A product of a black dragon that raped a female minotaur. Jura is trying to decide if he will be an evil creature or a good creature. He is more gentle than his appearance, but turns into The Hulk if pissed off.
- Some background: Jura has been search for the black dragon that raped his mother (i.e. his father). He wishes to kill the bastard. However, during the search he was taken by the pirates.
- Defect to overcome: Jura is fighting all sorts of internal demons. He will be asking the crew questions about right and wrong. How to decide what to do when … and why. Hopefully someone on board will be his teacher.

Nya
- Basic personality: This creature is highly curious and inquisitive of anything. Think scientist with eight large tentacles (tentacles … NOT testicles! Get that straight). She has a workhorse attitude, she’ll do want she is told. No worries about her taking over the ship … she has no interest in command. She also has very little interest in the treasure except if it is a book or ancient relic. She looks at treasure hunting as a puzzle to solve. She is very honest for a pirate. She has made friends with Isabelle.
- Some background: Nya was born into a large wealthy family in the underwater capital city of the Cecaelia (half human/half octopus people). She lived without worry until she was about 18 years old, got straight “A”s in all her classes.
She decided she wanted to learn more … and started to travel the world. She landed with the pirate crew by accident. They recognized her abilities and put her to work right away. 2 hands, 8 tentacles, and only one mouth to feed!
- Defect to overcome: She is currently learning how to reach full potential. She feels there's more to life. She is trying to find what it is she is missing. (FYI she is pretty much asexual (not interested in sex) as her writer I have no clue where her critical body parts are … so let’s just not go there)
 
Last edited:
Name: Jabnil the green

Race: Solar Deva (i.e. a fallen angel for Chauntea, the earth mother) She has been stripped of her major powers. Her weapons are two swords, one made of gold and the other silver. She has been stripped of most her spells. She can still polymorph her wings away. She can heal as a high level cleric. She can cast an intense light spell.

Basic personality: She has been pure … until recently. She is a good person and will remind those around her to be good too. However, she does things in a non-standard way. So expect the unexpected.

Background: Most will be reveled in her first post. However, she broke a few of Chauntea’s rules and is being place among mortals to learn from her mistakes.

Defect to overcome: She is going to go wild. She does not need to be “pure” good anymore. So stand by! Think college drinking party wild!! Anyhow, she need to come to grips with the meaning of good and evil.
 
ok the IC thread has been started. If you are on the ship and a main character, Red will know you. So please post your character to the ooc site.

Thanks

If you wish to join at a port. the Ship will soon be going through an overhaul and "make over". You can join the crew there. The place is called "Rickety's Squibs"
 
http://forum.literotica.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1599039&d=1417150741

Name: Reaver

Race: Hellspawn

Background: Reaver has been reviled since the day he was born. The product of rape between a devil and a human woman in a secret ceremony to gain said woman power and money she got rid of him as soon as he was born. He was placed in the care of the local church and stayed there until the age of five until he was kicked out when the lady stopped sending money, the Nuns already having a bad feeling about him. He would get sick at the sign of the cross and had been burnt with holy water. Although flames did not burn him and heat had no effect on him nor did extreme cold.
A strong child he found work on the docks and by 7 was working on-board a ship as cabin boy. When it was attacked by pirates when he was 12 he was one of the few who were spared after killing 5 of them. He spent the next 9 years learning the ways of a pirate and earned his name well.

Basic personality: Cold and distant, Reaver is basically a killing machine. He has never met his match in fighting skills since turning fifteen and longs for a good fight. His body is constantly changing, which he takes great pains to hide and prefers to be alone.

Defect to overcome: To let someone see the real him. He uses an illusion spell constantly as what he really looks like now would probably scare everyone traveling with him.


Tinkerbell--the-Pirate-Fairy-3D_210214110036324.jpg


Name: Dee 'Flitter' Monroe

Race: Fairy

Basic Personality: Good natured and very inquisitive Dee is the only one that can bring a smile to Reavers face. She is slow to anger but watch out when she does as she has many fairy tricks that can be used to create mischief for the unsuspecting.

Flaw: Dee is very trusting and far too inquisitive for her own good. This can often get her into all sorts of trouble that she often relies on her friends to get her out of.
 
Sounds good except on second deck (or gun deck) replace the guns with oars and seating and I think that would make a good representation. Oh and of course we have ballista's on main deck instead of cannon as well. How many is up to you. I would suggest 2 forward one either side of the dragon and one in the bow to protect her from the rear and for added firepower.
 
thanks ... I agree. FYI, the next two days is character development time. So go ahead and develop ... ;)

I'm hoping deathknight shows up soon. Red (Isabelle) needs a love interest. Jura has a deep crush on her ... but they will only be friends (at least as I see it now ... however as you know sometimes my stories go off in weird unintended directions).

I hope everyone is going to enjoy Jabnil ... she is going to be so wild and out of control, it scares me! :eek:

Anyhow ... have you thought about what is going to happen when Jabnil and Reaver meet? We'll need to plan that out.
 
Name: Amlugeth

Race: Elf

Background: Was born at the same time and day as a red dragon and they were destined to be together as a team. Until about the time Amlugeth was 6 months old and her mother to her to a neighboring village to visit some family. During that time the dragon riders were called to aid in a battle and while they were away their village was raided. They killed all the people and dragons that were left behind. They knew this would weaken the dragon riders, which it did. Amlugeth, even though only 6 months old, went into a depression when her paired dragon was killed. She grew up knowing that one day she would seek revenge on those who raided her village.

Basic Personality: She is wary of everyone, but has a great way with all animals, they seem to take an instant liking to her no matter what type of animal it is.

Defect to overcome: She assumes everyone could be the people who destroyed her village and killed her dragon.
 

Attachments

  • mistletoe_iii_by_graysun_d-d4l3he6.jpg
    mistletoe_iii_by_graysun_d-d4l3he6.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 28
6a01348361f24a970c0177431b10ba970d-320wi


Name: Rodriguez Eduardo Emmanuel Caldrovonio Tre Correia but only his mother calls him that, everybody else just calls him Blade

Race: Human

Bio: Blade grew up in a stable household, his mother a housewife, his father a clerk to a baron. He was then known by his full name (of course only his mother) and everybody else called him Eddie. His life came to a sudden change at the age of 6 when sea raiders attacked their peaceful town, his parents, friends and most of the town perished in the attack, those who weren't killed were captured to be sold for slaves. Taking a blow from a collapsing building, Eddie was knocked out cold, the blood flowing from the head wound made the raiders believe that he was dead. He was found by a passing traveler, Eddie was able to survive due to the cares of the old man.

Eddie stayed with the old man for two years, learning a small amount of herb lore. During their travels the old man told him about the men of the seas, how they always looked out for hands to help out and the hard lives that they led. Eddie slipped away one evening while they stayed overnight in an port city, he had only a small dagger, a few coins and the clothes on his back. He knew that he was too young to go on a ship, but he also knew that if he stayed at the docks, he would get to learn all he needed.

The first thing that Eddie learned had nothing to do with ships. The need to protect himself, during that first week he learned more about himself than what anybody could have taught him in years. His agility, sharp eye and tenacity made him a respected foe and soon he had earned the respect of the older children and even a few adults. It took six more years of working on the docks, stealing and pilfering before Eddie, now known as Blade, got a position as cabin boy under Captain Harrigan.

It was on the ship which he met Isabelle, he made friends with her, but it was always clear that she wasn't there of her own violation and he was. As they grew up, he realized that the only way to stay around her was to be her friend and he wanted more than that. He started to make a habit of staying by her side, backing her up in any scrap and yet he kept it all under the cloak of friendship.

Weapons: Daggers and knives. If it has a sharp edge and can be thrown Blade is your man.

Personality: Despite the dangerous sounding name, he actually is an easy-going, fun-loving guy. He has a sense of right and wrong, but as with any pirate the edges are a bit blurry on those two opposites. He has the classical Latin temper, when angry he will not stop until you are either dead or outside of his reach. The only person who can actually calm his fiery temper is Isabelle, not with soothing words, but with a sharp reprimand.

Weakness or fear: For all his forwardness and bravery, Blade is petrified of breaching the subject of his feelings for Isabelle. He will never deny or confirm it if somebody talks about it, he would either change the subject or find something elsewhere to do even if there's nothing.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, sorry for the delay, had a few short stories to finish up first. Now that the rush is finished, I'll be around more
 
As for Reaver meeting Jabril, I was thinking that with her being so far off the rails she may actually enjoy seeing someone like him. Of course she may not see through his illusion straight away because her powers have been stripped away but perhaps she will start to work it out over time through the things he does.

Enhanced strength and speed that he uses in combat but keeps to a bare minimum while doing regular duties.
His night vision.
Resistance to temperatures (both hot and cold but especially hot) and flames

They would be the signs she would see first and then because of her background she might shatter the illusion and see him for what he is.

Add two feet to his height so about 8 feet tall. Black hair with smallish horns protruding through. Dark red skin, pointed teeth and ears. Small tail down to his ankles ending in coarse black hair and corded muscular frame almost to rival that of Jura's. He also has retractable Black wings just like she does, however he can use these in his human form as well without dropping his illusion. They appear as large black feather wings.
 
Hey all, just got the green light to post this, should hopefully be able to post something in the ic thread tomorrow, looking forward to writing with all of you.

Name: Luca

Race: Fae Touched (Masquerades as a Half Elf via illusions)

Basic personality: A spritely fellow, Luca is quick to act and ever curious, often letting the thinking side of things wait for later. Despite his quick nature though, Luca is slow to anger, preferring instead to greet those who seek to raise his ire with a quick wit and an open hand rather than violence and a closed fist.

Background: Lucas origin is a mystery to him, he was found as a baby by a traveling circus, or at least that's what they told him, one of them might have been his mother or father, but that didn't matter to him, they were all family the same. It was there that he learned his many and varied skills, acrobatics, showmanship, carpentry, and even minor magics to name a few, his adopted family taught him well. As he grew though, wanderlust took hold of him, it pained him to leave, but leave he did, for adventure awaited, and countless stories to tell them all when he returned.

And adventure he did, traveling the world as a vagabond with nothing to his name, he fought princes upon the battlements of castles, delved dark and forgotten places deep beneath the earth, navigated the deathtrap that are the Fae he owes his lineage too, and even managed to get shipwrecked by scaled horrors from beneath the waves. In fact that's were he is now, stuck on a tiny boat he cobbled together out of scraps, trying to make his way back to civilization before his food runs out.

Defect to overcome: Acts before he thinks, always leaves killing as a last resort, and sometimes knocks himself out by burning through his magical reserves too fast.
 
Sorry for the delay in posting, wrote it a few times but it kept feeling too antagonistic, still does a little.
 
I am not sure what happened to wombat but havent heard from him since mid-december.
 
Yes ... I think he might be on vacation. If he does not show up soon, i (or anyone else) can run his characters for a bit.
 
Dafuk?

I posted on Wednesday, I swear I did. Now it's not showing...man this blows
 
Hi everyone! I received an invite to join the fun, so I wanted to introduce myself. I have a few character ideas I was kicking around before seeing the thread, so I don't know how well they fit with a "Pirates and Plunder" style game, but thought I'd share them for any feedback or suggestions you all may have. Especially if any seem like good fits for the story. And they're listed alphabetically, not in any order of preference.

Character Idea #1
Name:
"Silky" Alex Mainsail
Race: Human
Background: This character idea is a fantasy twist on the familiar "girl disguises herself as a boy to work on a pirate ship" theme. "Silky" Alex Mainsail was born Alexra Arcadia, princess of the Queendom of Harmonia. As the only daughter of three children, she was heiress to the throne. Unfortunately, her mother (the Queen) did not survive giving birth to her, and rule was past to her aunt, father and older siblings until she reached the age of maturity to assume control of the throne. On the day before her eighteenth birthday and coronation, an attempt was made on her life by unknown assassins. She escaped and fled to the ports where she assumed the disguise of a boy deckhand and now serves aboard ship as Silky Alex Mainsail. Meanwhile Harmonia is in turmoil as several different factions all fight for the best claim to the empty throne. "Silky" is a teasing nickname given by fellow sailors who note how gracefully Alex moves aboard ship, as well as his uncannily smooth and unblemished skin.
Basic Personality: Hard working and good-natured. Tries perhaps a little too hard to fit in with the older sailors.
Defect to Overcome: Has a very big secret to keep, as well as assassins searching for any lead on his whereabouts.



Character Idea #2
Name:
"Caitwyn"
Race: "Halfling"
Background: Every good ship needs proper entertainment and every proper Bard needs an audience. That's Caitwyn -- a bard of some growing fame who suffers intense wanderlust. The little halfling makes her living jumping ship-to-ship, port-to-port to see as much of the world as possible with the years she's been granted. Or at least that's what she wants you to think. See, "Caitwyn" isn't her real name. Hell, she's not even a halfling. She's a very talented doppelganger in the employ of the Crown (which one I may need help figuring out). She's a spy who travels among pirates, dancing the coast from tip-to-tip under the cover of an entertaining bard to gather intel and secretly enforce the will of the lords and ladies she serves.
Basic Personality: "Caitwyn" is friendly, cheerful and eager to please. A born entertainer who will do anything to hear applause and get a few more silvers in her hat. But the doppelganger in the guise of this adorable halfling has as many personalities as she has bodies. Some benevolent, some cruel. The only common thread is undying loyalty to the Crown.
Defect to Overcome: Has a very big secret to keep (see a theme here with my characters? ~LOL~).



Character Idea #3
Name:
Tilly
Race: Wood Nymph
Background: Nymphs are desired in all reaches of the Realm. Magical beings who are the physical manifestation of nature and sex, they are sought for use as sex slaves, living trophies, and as victims for spells. Their blood, milk, and essence are incredibly potent reagents for use in spells and alchemical aphrodisiacs. Tilly was captured in her glade living a peaceful life among fellow fey-kind, and thrown into a cold iron cage. Perhaps the current players could find her cage aboard another pirate ship crossing the sea to deliver her to an evil mage.
Basic Personality: Cheerful, childlike, extremely curious and driven by basic needs and desires. Often communicates through brief exclamations: "Hungry!", "Pretty!", "Want!", "Give!", etc.
Defect to Overcome: As a nymph she requires sex to live. She literally feeds on the psychic energy released during orgasm and without being close enough to consume that energy (or better yet, a mouthful of semen) she'll whither and die. Also, as a creature who has lived her entire life in a secluded glade, she has no concept of modern society. She's mystified by buildings, technology, manners, protocol, etc. Also, as a wood nymph she's completely out of place onboard a ship in the middle of a "poisoned" (i.e. salty) sea.



Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome! ^_^
 
Welcome KatiePlaything,

All your characters are very cool. But if i'm forced to pick one ... I'd say Character Idea #2 "Caitwyn" is my favorite. I can explain the Crowns that are in this part of the world ...

There are two main nations in this part of the Fever Sea:

Andoran: Semi-demoncratic nation, but still has a king.

Cheliax Empire: King/Dictator, who makes war on his neighbors. Also works with the slavers in the area.

She could also work for smaller city states such as Bloodcove or Port Peril if you like.



Note to all other writers ... please have your characters be fooled by her character as a real doppelganger is very hard to detect. (unless there is some magic or other ability that would tip your character off ...). Thanks
 
So Andoran would be the "Good Guys" and Cheliax the "Bad Guys"? Or the closest things to those two... I know things are never so cut and dry.

If so, I think Andoran would be my pick.
 
ok ... the ship will make it to Rickety's Squibs very soon.

You can interact with the character's there if you want to get started.
 
kittenofdeath and deathsknight,

For the larger plot ... I need Red and Blade to become more romantic than they are presently. There have been hints and suggestions already that the two like each other … but I need to get them to the next level.

I see two ways for this to be accomplished.

Red could flirt and even go to bed with Luca … this causes Blade to become bold and announce his love for her.

Or Red could flirt with Luca … and Blade does not like it … and announces his love for her

I’m sure there is a bunch of other options … please suggest the one you like best. It might also involve reveling Luca true nature.

In my next post … I’m also planning on Red telling Captain Luca ... they are pirates. She is going to offer him an option to join the crew. I hope that is good with everyone.
Thanks!
 
Back
Top