The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

** I Submitted One **

This morning I submitted a story to the contest that I hope is approved and in time to compete. It is in a category I did not see filled, non-consent/reluctance. Thank you for the contest, I hope to be a good entrant and intend my entry to elevate my writing.
 
Ok, stupid question but when it says submission is until February 5 at 11:59EST, does that mean midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow 5th? And eh, midnight where? I'm in Sweden. *confused and too tired to think straight*
 
This morning I submitted a story to the contest that I hope is approved and in time to compete. It is in a category I did not see filled, non-consent/reluctance. Thank you for the contest, I hope to be a good entrant and intend my entry to elevate my writing.


A non-consent story in a Valentine's contest? Sounds original. :D



Ok, stupid question but when it says submission is until February 5 at 11:59EST, does that mean midnight tonight or midnight tomorrow 5th? And eh, midnight where? I'm in Sweden. *confused and too tired to think straight*


It means Feb 5 midnight in American time, east coast.

BUT

I'm almost certain that Lauren once said that stories can still be submitted a day or two after it's over.
 
It means Feb 5 midnight in American time, east coast.

BUT

I'm almost certain that Lauren once said that stories can still be submitted a day or two after it's over.

Ok, so midnight east coast time...should be 6hrs after Sweden. Cool. Will see if I can put together a short story, just to get something written for once. Gotta love short deadlines. :p
 
[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

Don't worry lovepotiongirl - even if LAUREL doesn't know what day it is and that you don't know what time zone you're in you still have 6 more days left to submit to a.i.r.…


2013 :heart: Valentines Day :heart: Contest


tumblr_m7yq4sTEAP1qhfc8ro1_500.jpg

[size=+2]lovepotiongirl submitting to a.i.r?[/size]
 
And why would anyone want to post a story to a fake contest?

Hot AIR and fake contests. Just what no one ordered.
 
And why would anyone want to post a story to a fake contest?

Hot AIR and fake contests. Just what no one ordered.

My entry for the other contests:

This one time, I got a girl a flower and gave it to her. She kissed me and let me walk her home and she held my hand and then she kissed me again, but this time on the lips. Tonight were going out and maybe I can touch a boob.

**serious teenager eyeroll**
 
How long has it been taking for a contest story to post after submission?

Usually the following morning if posted by midnight. I had one I submitted at 5:00am and it posted before noon the same day.

I have one more to submit in the morning. Should post Wed. am. Had one of these quick thoughts and wrote it in one day. Sent it to the editor and got it back in time.
DG
:)
 
** Not Your Valentine **

My submission to this year's Valentine's Day contest has been approved and is now available to read. I can finally read other's works. Good luck to everyone.

My submission is here: http://www.literotica.com/s/not-your-valentine or look in the new stories portion. Please note that it is a Non-consent story.
 
Submitted my final story. Don't expect to win but enjoy being part of the fray. You can't beat the quick posting time. Now to sit back and ride the roller coaster. Hasn't been too bumpy as of late. I guess more and more kinks are getting worked out. I do wish good luck to all who entered.
With Respect
DG Hear
:)
 
Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The ouija board tells me that there are 66 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.21 from an average of 318 votes. Stories had an average of 18,236 views, an average of 7 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.63%. The average number of pages is 2.4, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 17,809 votes, 1,203,635 views, 519 favorites and 629 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.21) is 0.48 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 318) is 325. The median score is 4.36, the median number of votes is 181 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.53 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.96 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 7 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 2 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 2 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 15 votes swept, being an average of 2 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 6. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).


Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • Anal (3 stories)
  • BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (12 stories)
  • Erotic Horror (1 story)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (3 stories)
  • Group Sex (1 story)
  • Humor & Satire (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (8 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (1 story)
  • Loving Wives (5 stories)
  • Non-Erotic (1 story)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (2 stories)
  • NonHuman (1 story)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (14 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (2 stories)
  • Text With Audio (1 story)
  • Transsexuals & Crossdressers (1 story)

New stories today


Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, BrettJ, BuckyDuckman, carlieplum, celesteandjim, chocolatecookie3, Cleophila, Cndrlla69, CocoPhoenix13, DeeZire, DG Hear (3), geronimo_appleby (2), GirlintheMoon (2), glynndah, HeyAll (2), hoo_hoo_boo, HottieKatie, ijjackson92, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, James Cody, JosephWrites, laffalot, luvthedesserts (2), MichaelWest, msgrant67, MSTarot, Neonurotic, nicerack, OctavianEarth, pandybear311, ponyfitness, qingming, RedHairedandFriendly, RedMonkeyButt, RjThoughts, roughboy18, SarahLove, Schaka, sexnovella (2), silkstockingslover (2), sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Sweetslk88, sweet_lusciousdesire (2), theravenfox, TheScarletSiren, TinyBeth, tk5555, Totzman, Transverse, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex (2), YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013
 
Good to see some more stories getting in there. We're approaching deadline fast now.
 
Back
Top