Pictures of Cold Places

69548-fairbanks-weather-cold.jpg

Wow. Is this a recent picture? I'm loving our warm, snowless winter but you Alaskans seem to be getting your asses kicked this year.

Wow. Is this a recent picture? I'm loving our warm, snowless winter but you Alaskans seem to be getting your asses kicked this year.

I dunno. But it looks very much like the thermometer I had on the porch during my last year in undergrad school at Fairbanks back in the mid 70's.

It's not THAT bad if you have the right jacket.

I dunno. But it looks very much like the thermometer I had on the porch during my last year in undergrad school at Fairbanks back in the mid 70's.

It's not THAT bad if you have the right jacket.

The Alaskan fur parka would even be put to the test in that. This winter it has been too warm for me to even get the fur out of the closet!

The Alaskan fur parka would even be put to the test in that. This winter it has been too warm for me to even get the fur out of the closet!

Not here, although it was a sweater day, yesterday, at +30°F in the sun. Seems like a normal winter. The immigrants and those temporarily stationed here whine about the cold. Alaskans just deal with it.

It snowed in Adelaide today - hottest city in the country.
In the driest state.

Somebody just had a good meal.

Burrrrrrrrrrrpppppppp !!!

Indeed, the very dangerous bears are the pure white ones. They've just come off the ice and are hungry. The dirty colored bears have just eaten and are less likely to bother you.

Back