I need an editor also...

ImmanuelMal

Experienced
I need an editor also!

I have a story line going on in the "Mind Control" section, and it's a lot of fun, but I need an editor since it seems I don't have time to properly edit what I write.

I'd guess that I'd want someone to take a look at the story and see if it's anything that interests anyone, but I have to insist that the editor be a woman (I'm not). I absolutely intend the things I write to appeal to women as much as possible, and while I'm not saying I always get that, it is important to me. So at a minimum I'd want to have some feminine input or oversight at some stage, although I'll be keeping the direction of the story to myself ultimately.

Thanks for your time and attention, send me personal message if you are interested.

Last edited:
Well this is a slower process than I had thought it would be. I'm not getting any responses from directly reaching out to people, either. Not sure if my wanting a woman for this is throwing off my results.

Well this is a slower process than I had thought it would be. I'm not getting any responses from directly reaching out to people, either. Not sure if my wanting a woman for this is throwing off my results.

There are several female writers on here that offer volunteer editing work, and that's just the few that I know of. I'm sure there are a lot more that I don't know. My guess would be that the genre is what is keeping the editors away. From what I gather Mind Control can put off a lot of readers (and editors), but then so does Gay Male, Incest, Nonhuman, etc. I personally don't have a problem with Mind Control and occasionally read a story from that category, but since I am a guy I'm afraid I can't help you either.

Although since you only posted your request yesterday you might want to give it a few more days.

Well, sure, I'm not upset or anything. And the people I did reach out to directly all had said on the form that they were willing to work with the subject, I do know that it isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's no big deal if no one shows up, I can tighten my game up myself, also. I'm just annoyed at the grammatical errors that are slipping past my own proof-reading efforts.

Thanks for the advice!

Well, sure, I'm not upset or anything. And the people I did reach out to directly all had said on the form that they were willing to work with the subject, I do know that it isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's no big deal if no one shows up, I can tighten my game up myself, also. I'm just annoyed at the grammatical errors that are slipping past my own proof-reading efforts.

Thanks for the advice!

Well, editing your own work is really hard. I often miss a lot of stuff when I'm writing myself. A good tip I got was to leave your story be for a few days, just don't read, write or edit it. Then when you come back and look at it with fresh eyes it can help you spot those mistakes easier. But still, having someone else look over your work can be really beneficial.

Yeah, had you asked me even a month ago I would have probably told you that I would have been able to take care of the editing myself, but I keep seeing mistakes that have slid past me and I guess that should tell me something!

I'd also just benefit from a second pair of eyes regarding clarity of storytelling. I'll keep looking!

Back