Lost Love(Closed to garajd and Marine_biochild)

Obviously, Alan had broken a barrier that Gwen had forgotten how tight she had it locked inside her; as the words started to flow, he took her by the hand and led her to a couch that faced the windows. The sun hand finally set and the city lights had taken over . . . no need to turn any lights on in the condo.

Alan handed her the box of tissues from the end table . . . giving her another few moments to collect her thoughts. Pulling her head down on his shoulder, "I don't think you need to worry about that, Gwen; I'm not sure I could let you get away. When I saw you at the office yesterday afternoon, I didn't know what to think . . . it took me a few minutes to realize that I might possibly have you back in my life."

"Gwen, honey, we need to take our time . . . but I want you to be with me."

Wiping her eyes she let out a soft chuckle. "Look at me. Like a child." She smiled pulling herself together as he pulled her against him. She took another moment to curl herself up on the couch beside him. Listening to his words she gave a nod of acknowledge before looking out the window.

"Time... is exactly what we need. I don't expect us to be the way we were. Especially not overnight but I want to be with you. Even if that means as just friends or some day down the road more but I don't want to watch you walk away again." His body was warm against her as she stared out at the large city before them.

"It truly is beautiful." She whispered her hand resting on his knee. "Thank you for tonight."

"Probably a good idea to call it a night." Standing and pulling her up off the couch, he continued to hold her hand as they left the condo and retraced their steps to the parking garage. They were quiet for most of the drive to Gwen's, both lost in their thoughts about what had happened in the last two days . . . and what might come to pass in the coming days and months.

As he stopped in front of Gwen's, turning to her, "Give me a call in the morning and let me know if there is anything you would like to do tomorrow, maybe just a quick bite to eat later in the day."

He hopped out of the vehicle and, after opening her door, walked her to the door . . . the goodnight kiss at the door was . . . mmmm, heartfelt.

The night had been lovely, the goodbye was just as lovely if not more so. Taking a seat in her kitchen, boxes still scattered around her she couldn't help but feel as though things were falling into place. Taking a sip of her morning coffee she let her eyes glance down to the phone on the counter.

He had asked her to call but she didn't want to seem too eager. Turning her attention to her laptop she had done a broad search of events happening in the city later in the day. It was the usual string of corny events, a fair, a art-a-palooza put on by one of the many schools and then it caught her eye. A quiet wine tasting on the outskirts of the city. Something quiet to do that didn't involve to much.

Picking up the phone she forced herself not to be nervous. The rough voice on the other end of the line made her smile. "Good morning. " It was a coy purr on her lips. "I know you asked me to call but, I was thinking.. There is a wine tasting going on later today, I was wondering if you would like to go? We could do a late dinner again, this time my place after?"

"Sounds like a great idea . . . who knows, I might just find a wine that I can really get in to. I have a couple that I like, such as the one last night, but this would give me a chance to try some local wines. What time shall I pick you up . . . and yes, a late dinner . . . you're on. You tell me what kind of food you like and I'll find the place."

Alan wanted to say something about "her place after", but decided to leave it alone . . . of course, he would say 'yes' . . .

Hanging up the phone with a smile on his face. Sunday's were usually boring for him, but this one held a definite promise of a better day!

"How does two o'clock sound?" She asked gently before chuckling. "See you then." Hanging up the phone she turned back to her coffee. She was excited to spend another day with him.

When two o'clock came around she couldn't help the smile that spread when she heard him pull up. Stepping out she smoothed the dark burgundy sweater. Calf high boot hugged her legs and form fitting jeans seemed to accentuate her hourglass figure. Giving him a small wave she smiled .

As he pulled up, this time in the Corvette with the top stowed in back, Alan couldn't help but take a deep breath when he saw Gwen standing in front of her place. For someone who wanted to take things slow, she sure new how to dress to get his attention.

Reaching over and opening the door, Alan took her hand as she slid into the passenger seat . . . and leaned over . . . knowing that a kiss would be forthcoming!!

"So where is this wine-tasting you are dragging me off to?" he asked with a grin on his face.

The smile that seemed to fill his face made her stomach flip. Taking his hand she greeted him before taking a seat. She almost laughed as he leaned down to her. With a playful grin she leaned up to barely brush her lips against his.

"I have the address. It's just within the city limits. They have over a hundred acres of grapes for their wine." She purred, watching as he made his way towards the driver's seat. Once he had gotten behind the wheel she leaned over, kissing his cheek playfully. "I'm glad we are spending the day together. I had fun last night."

As Gwen leaned over and kiss his cheek, Alan's hand rested momentarily on Gwen's thigh . . . not inappropriately, but enough to let her know she had his full attention. Alan still enjoyed having a manual shift in his Vette, so from time to time as he shifted, his hand would brush against her leg . . . well, maybe, he exaggerated the hand movement.

As they drove and chatted, Alan's glances toward his passenger made him appreciate the seat belt laws even more . . . there's something about the way a seat belt always seems to find its way between a lady's breasts when it's snug, the way it should be . . .

"Here we are. Looks like a nice crowd; guess a few others had the same idea." Walking around and opening the door, offering his hand to help Gwen out of the car . . (damn she is as attractive and desirable as I remember!)

He took her hand once more time, helping her out of the car. She didn't miss the way he stared at her as she moved, or the way he seemed to pause as she smoothed her clothing. Glancing to the small crowd she nodded.

"I believe you are right. Hopefully it wont be too crowded. I never truly got over my claustrophobia." Taking his arm as he offered it, she ran a few fingers through her hair. "You know, I think it's going to be a beautiful evening. " There was a small breeze that rustled her red curls as they walked, making her take a deep breath of the open air.

If he is honest with himself, Alan will admit that he is more interested in Gwen than anything at the wine-tasting . . . although this is a good of an excuse as any to spend the time with her. There is something about the way women get out of a car, especially when they are being watched . . . either in such a way that everything is hidden, or such that her curves are exposed without being outwardly provocative . . . and that describes Gwen!! She knew that what she wore . . . the sweater and hip-hugging jeans would have Alan's full attention . . . so why should he hide the fact that he was looking!!

"It's been a gorgeous day so far . . . and only going to get better."

The small crowd they were in seemed a good size for meandering behind them. Gwen took her time with Alan, letting the crowd go first while they admired the scenery and each other. It wasn't until the fourth flite that the group stopped on a veranda over looking the orchard. Stepping to the railing she watched the sun which was now low in the sky and the beautiful grape vines that lay in rows across the beautiful fields.

She felt him more than heard him step up beside her, his own flite in his hand. Her cheeks had begun to turn a soft pink from the alcohol and it might have been the influence of said drink that made her want to be close to him but as he leaned against the railing she stepped up to him, resting a hand on his chest as she spoke. "I think I've found a new favorite. This red is very nice." She could hear the crowd behind them talking within themselves. It wasn't until she felt his warm hand on her hip that she looked down at him, her curls rustling in the breeze and her smile filling her face.

"Perhaps we should pick up a bottle or two before we leave then; maybe they will even have some that is already chilled." Her hand on his chest as she spoke was a simple gesture, yet one that imparted some warm feelings . . . not really intentional, but as his hand moved toward Gwen, it found your hip and stopped there.

Hand on her hip, Gwen's smile expanded across her face . . . hopefully, it wasn't just the wine. "Shall we head back toward the store and make our purchases and find a nice restaurant?"

Alan remembered Gwen saying something about ending the evening at her place . . . so, maybe now was the time for dinner, before either had more wine than they needed.

With a small nod she placed down her glass, taking a step back but not before taking his hand. "I think that would be nice." She glanced towards the large building looking or any direction of the shop. Finding the large sign she followed him happily. She let him lead as they walked around the shop, picking up different bottles and such.

"Where would you like to eat?" She asked as she leaned into him to look at a small set of wine glasses."

Picking up several bottles; both Alan and Gwen found some new favorites this afternoon. After paying for their purchase, including a chilled bottle of the red that Gwen took a liking to, the headed toward the parking lot and Alan's corvette.

"Well, there is a nice little restaurant down town, close to my condo that I visit rather regularly; nothing fancy, just a nice quiet little place with a varied menu." As they drove off, Alan's hand 'landed' on Gwen's thigh; he have it a gentle squeeze as her hand settled on top of his. Driving toward the center of town, his fingers gently caressed her inner thigh, just above the knee, as they chatted and listened to the soft jazz on the CD Alan had inserted.

His hand was arm against her thigh as it came to rest her. Letting her own hand rest against his she enjoyed the slow drive back to civilization. They chatted about nothing to specific, mainly the old days when they were kids. Laughing about old adventures and enjoyed each others company. As he caressed her legs she couldn't help the want that seemed to linger in her stomach. Chalking it up to the wine she looked over to him smiling.

"That sounds lovely. I start my first day tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. I didn't get to much time to get to know my new director. Is he a nice gentleman?" She asked. She knew what was expected of her to say the least. She had been an executive assistant at her last job, only her last director was an absolute nut case with an attitude that could rival Castro.

Not getting any resistance to his hand on Gwen's thigh, Alan continues to rest it there with occasional caresses and squeezes until arriving at the restaurant. Her hand in his arm as they walk in, the owner greets them and leads to a corner table with a view out to the street.

The waiter brings water to the table and hands us the menus. After we order and wait for our meal, I turn back to you and begin to answer your questions from the drive, "Frank is one of my closest associates, and obviously, he would not be in that position if he did not have my complete trust. He is demanding of his staff, just as he is of himself, but ultimately fair in all of his dealings. You will find him a total gentleman to work for. He may not involve himself in much of the 'office chatter', but his door is always open to anyone who works for him."

His hand on top of hers, "Gwen, you will enjoy working for him; and once he takes over with his associates, you will find all of them a pleasure to work for."

Taking a seat across from him she smiled. "I'm glad, the last boss I had wasn't to friendly or keen on the idea of kindness." She said slowly her eyes sliding over the menu. Once decided she turned back to him. "Thank you for today. It was wonderful. And if you like we can retreat back to my place this time for some dessert before you head home." She cooed sweetly.

"I would like that very much; maybe just for a few minutes, after all, we both have to work tomorrow," I say with a smile. "I'm not sure that Frank will accept you having dinner with me as an acceptable excuse for being late."

Leaving the restaurant, they walk casually back to the car, Gwen's hand in his arm, a very comfortable situation for both of them. As Gwen slides into the seat, Alan can't help but notice, once more, how good Gwen looks in her sweater and hip-hugging jeans.

Driving toward Gwen's place, his hand once more on her thigh . . . and her hand on his . . . not much conversation, just the smooth jazz from the CD player and the wind blowing thru their hair. Pulling up in front of Gwen's, "Are you sure you want me to come in? I will understand if you say 'no'.

Not waiting for an answer, Alan hops out, walks around and opens the door for her, retrieving her wine purchase and walking her to the door.

Looking up at him she stepped out of the car. "If I remember correctly you invited me back to your place last night and everything was fine." She smiled letting him into her place. It was a large condo, with an open floor plan. A simple two bedroom with wood flooring and a pretty view of the hills behind her place.

"It's not much but it's enough for just me." She slipped out of her shoes before taking her wine. "THank you again for tonight. Would you like some dessert? I have some icecream in the freezer. We can sit on the back porch and watch the sunset if you like before you head home."

"You may not remember from so long ago, but ice cream, any flavor, is one of my weaknesses; I don't keep it in my freezer, it's too much of a temptation. So, yes, I will have some with you and that will keep me satisfied for the next few days."

Taking the bowl, Alan follow Gwen out to the back porch and settles into one of the comfy chairs; the two of them separated by a small table. They chat a bit more about the company, about Alan's plans to close the deal with Frank and the others, and be completely out of the organization within 3 months, except for an occasional consultation for a major client or two.

As the sun completes its journey behind the hills, Alan stands, preparing to leave. Gwen follows him into the kitchen, setting the dishes on the counter and walks him to the front door.

"You know I'm not leaving without a good-night kiss," Alan says and takes her in his arms . . .

Last edited:
She sat beside him enjoying their simple talk of nonsense, of the business and of old times. It wasn't until he got up to leave that she began to feel a little sad. She enjoyed his company but knew he must go. Walking him to the door she couldn't help but laugh of surprise as he took her into his arms. Standing on her toes she kissed him slowly, her fingers coming up to run along his chest before her arms looped lazily around her neck.

With a smile she pulled back enough to stare up into his eyes. "Good night." She whispered against his lips before kissing him one last time. She watched him go, leaning against the door frame as he slid into his corvette. With a gentle wave she stepped into her home the taste of his lips still on her tongue.

The next day was a whirlwind experience. All business she was at work early in her favorite business attire. Before long she was owning her office, managing everything that needed done and meshing well with Frank. It seemed as if a weight had been lifted now that he didn't have as much on his plate. Her hair was pulled back into a pristine bun, allowing all of her features stand out and making taking phone calls easier.

The good night kiss was what he wanted . . . and needed . . . to feel something from someone again. Alan had no idea where this was headed; but after two days of seeing Gwen, he was definitely in a good frame of mind when he came in on Monday morning.

As was his custom, he walked around the entire floor, speaking to everyone; finishing up in the Finance Department, Gwen told him Frank was on the phone with the bank, arranging a meeting for the new partners to discuss their financing. "Ask him to step into my office when he has a minute, nothing urgent, would just like an update."

No mistaking the fact that the smile he gave Gwen was different . . . warmer . . . than for anyone else in the organization.

Back