book publishing anonymity

electric1

Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Posts
179
A question for those who write and sell books. How easy is it to protect your anonymity? If you're getting paid, I assume you have to deposit a check at some point written out to you. And so little is kept secret on the internet. Can you earn money writing erotica and also prevent others from knowing you wrote it?
 
The "answer," if this is one, is that it all depends upon the company that one is writing for.

The key element is to make it clear to the publisher that the book is to be published under whatever pen name you have chosen and that all payments are to be made in your real name. You can then cash or deposit the checks in the same manner as any other check issued to you. (Assuming, that is, that the publisher's/website's checks aren't emblazoned with an XXX name). You are, of course, legally obligated to give the publisher your legal name and address but that information should not be revealed to anyone outside the publisher's office without a court order. This latter, is very rare, unless you advocate fire-bombing orphanages or something equaly outrageous.

I've had very little personal contact with e-publishing, but several of my friends tell me that most understand a desire for anonymity and will work with you to protect your nom de plume. I can testify under oath that almost all print publishers do an excellent job of protecting the identity of authors who don't want to be "outed."

Copyright is more of a problem, since the U.S. Copyright Office has a habit of being overly truthful, but there are several ways of handling this. The simplest way--but the riskiest unless you are certain your publisher can be trusted--is to request that the publishing company register copyright in its own name rather than in yours, as is routinely done on Literotica. If you aren't certain you want to trust the company to legally own the products of your hard work, there are ways to copyright works under your pen name. Again, it is necessary to reveal your true identity to the Copyright Office, but--barring accidents--your name will not be made public. The whole issue of copyrights is too broad to handle here, but you can find more than you ever wanted to know aboutthe subject at www.copyright.gov

Ultimately, the best answer to "Can you earn money writing erotica and also prevent others from knowing you wrote it" is a qualified "yes."
 
Last edited:
I write under pen names and have cutout (false name) accounts with PayPal connected to real name bank accounts. The publishers pay into the PayPal account and they have no idea where the money goes from there. As long as each PayPal account transfers no more than $10,000 in a calendar year, they don't produce W2 forms and report the income to the IRS. But I declare all of my income in my taxes, melding this income with my mainstream publishing money, which is included with my editorial company finances, so there's no legal problem. It just keeps even my publishers from knowing who I am.
 
is to request that the publishing company register copyright in its own name rather than in yours, as is routinely done on Literotica.

Literotica doesn't file for copyright on any of these stories here. Or am I misreading this?
 
Literotica doesn't file for copyright on any of these stories here. Or am I misreading this?

You are correct that Literotica does not file formal copyright registrations, relying instead upon the common law copyright which is created when a story is "reduced to tangible form." Presumably, formal registration of the large number of stories on the site would demand relatively large investments of both cash and time.

Still, Literotica does enforce these common law copyrights on the author's behalf inthe event of violations. As Lit says, in pertinent part:

"...and granting Literotica the right to enforce the copyright on your story should it be used without your permission by any other publication - online, print, or other media...The right to enforce your copyright that you are granting us includes the right to file DMCA complaints, file lawsuits, and any and all other necessary actions, both foreign and domestic, to prevent unauthorized people and companies from using your submissions without your permission.
The reason we require you to grant us the shared right to enforce your copyright (of course you also retain the right to enforce your own copyrights) is so that we have the legal power needed to protect your works from unauthorized publication on websites and in other media.
Other than these two issues, all rights to the story still belong to you, the author."
 
Last edited:
I write under pen names and have cutout (false name) accounts with PayPal connected to real name bank accounts. The publishers pay into the PayPal account and they have no idea where the money goes from there. As long as each PayPal account transfers no more than $10,000 in a calendar year, they don't produce W2 forms and report the income to the IRS. But I declare all of my income in my taxes, melding this income with my mainstream publishing money, which is included with my editorial company finances, so there's no legal problem. It just keeps even my publishers from knowing who I am.

Paypal does not issue w-2 forms. Why would they? The people depositing the money into your paypal account need to do so because they are paying you money you have earned by "working" for them. Paypal is simply the medium with which to do so. It goes there instead of a bank account.

Paypal is actually the equivalent of a bank account. People deposit into it, you can keep it there, transfer it into your bank accounts or spend it online. You can also get a "debit card" through them to use against the money in there.

Over the last ten years I have averaged over 20k each year on e-bay which only allows paypal payments. Only last year did I receive a 1099 which is very different from a w-2 and the minimum is 20k not 10k.

However I did just receive my smashwords W-2 noting what I made in the 4 quarterly payments in 2012 all deposited in paypal. Note SW sent me the W-2 not paypal.

I also received my Amazon W-2's stating what they put into my bank acounts this year. It is the person paying you who is liable for earnings statements.

Noteworthy is that for that amount of income E-bay is supposed to issue earnings statements but never has. I have to go to my archived monthly reports and put them in a spread sheet to turn into my accountant.

Also when you say "false names" I hope you are referring to sole proprietorship business Id's set up with their own tax id numbers and not literally made up names using your social or you could find yourself in trouble some day.
 
Last edited:
Again, it is necessary to reveal your true identity to the Copyright Office, but--barring accidents--your name will not be made public.

I don't think that's true. Information on copyright forms is public, and I've seen websites listing information found on those forms, including pen names and their real names.
 
There is no such thing as "common law copyright" in the United States. You haven't registered it, you can't take a case to court; you have no legal standing with it, you got nothing. And, yes, as a federal program, copyright information is fully available to the public.
 
The accounting process is different for those who self-publish and those who have publishers.
 
How serious are you? If you want to hide your identity, several states allow for Limited-Liability Companies that only publically show the Manager, who can be anyone willing to serve as such. You own it, the income goes to you and your taxes, and your privacy as owner is highly protected. This is very common in Nevada, it explains the thousands of companies registered as Nevada LLCs. And then you can add more layers of ownership. The wealthy and famous do it to stop stalkers and such, it is legal, but expensive. Call a good corporate, estate planning and trust attorney.
 
There is no such thing as "common law copyright" in the United States. You haven't registered it, you can't take a case to court; you have no legal standing with it, you got nothing. And, yes, as a federal program, copyright information is fully available to the public.




From the U.S. Copyright Office at www.copyright.gov
(Bolding is mine, for emphasis of salient points)

When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”

Do I have to use my real name on the form? Can I use a stage name or a pen name?
There is no legal requirement that the author be identified by his or her real name on the application form. For further information, see FL 101, Pseudonyms. If filing under a fictitious name, check the “Pseudonymous” box when giving information about the authors.

Pseudonyms
An author of a copyrighted work can use a pseudonym or pen name. A work is pseudonymous if the author is identified on copies of the work by a fictitious name. Nicknames and other diminutive forms of legal names are not considered fictitious.

If you write under a pseudonym but want to be identified by your legal name in the Copyright Office’s records, give your legal name and your pseudonym on your application for copyright registration. Check “pseudonymous” on the application if the author is identified on copies of the work only under a fictitious name and if the work is not made for hire. Give the pseudonym where indicated.

If you write under a pseudonym and do not want to have your identity revealed in the Copyright Office’s records, give your pseudonym and identify it as such on your application. You can leave blank the space for the name of the author. If an author’s name is given, it will become part of the Office’s online public records, which are accessible by Internet. The information cannot later be removed from the public records. You must identify your citizenship.

In no case should you omit the name of the copyright claimant. You can use a pseudonym for the claimant name. But be aware that if a copyright is held under a fictitious name, business dealings involving the copyrighted property may raise questions about its ownership. Consult an attorney for legal advice on this matter. Works distributed under a pseudonym enjoy a term of copyright protection that is the earlier of 95 years from publication of the work or 120 years from its creation. However, if the author’s identity is revealed in the registration records of the Copyright Office, including in any other registrations made before that term has expired, the term then becomes the author’s life plus 70 years.
 
Rots of ruck with all that. Ed. You have to know how to read governmentesse (I can read this one, because I helped write it).

"You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section 'Copyright Registration.'”

This is the U.S. government doing its "having your cake and eating it too" extracting the teeth out of the Berne Convention provisions. If you can't take it to court, you ain't got nothing.

And, on the keeping the public from knowing what's archived in public document depositories, perhaps you haven't heard of the Freedom of Information Act.

We have this go around almost monthly on this Web site--which is all so hilarious. What's posted here is posted for free public view. There isn't a court in the land who will touch any copyright issue involved in any of this. The authors gave it up from the getgo.

I don't think anyone would bother to trace it, but, get real, they could if they wanted to.

This is all wishful thinking lalala land.
 
Rots of ruck with all that. Ed. You have to know how to read governmentesse (I can read this one, because I helped write it).

"You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section 'Copyright Registration.'”

This is the U.S. government doing its "having your cake and eating it too" extracting the teeth out of the Berne Convention provisions. If you can't take it to court, you ain't got nothing.

And, on the keeping the public from knowing what's archived in public document depositories, perhaps you haven't heard of the Freedom of Information Act.

We have this go around almost monthly on this Web site--which is all so hilarious. What's posted here is posted for free public view. There isn't a court in the land who will touch any copyright issue involved in any of this. The authors gave it up from the getgo.

I don't think anyone would bother to trace it, but, get real, they could if they wanted to.

This is all wishful thinking lalala land.

Oh, jesus on a Ritz! :rolleyes:

Now you help write laws too?

When did you do that? In between being a super secret spy plane pilot and James Michener's ghost writer?
 
Oh, jesus on a Ritz! :rolleyes:

Now you help write laws too?

When did you do that? In between being a super secret spy plane pilot and James Michener's ghost writer?

I googled it and cannot find it as a book. All that comes up is "Did you mean Government Essay?"

Do post the link Pilot because I am dying to see the names associated with it.
 
Last edited:
What Edward Midweston is saying is correct because he can copy and paste just as easily as Pilot can.

But the thing is where this goes to hell, is who has the lawyers resources and time to chase the Government to enforce a copyright on a story you posted for free in the grocery store known as the internet.

So even with the law technically on one's side, what the hell are you really going to do about it?
 
Does anyone else get the sense of vultures poised above the forum just waiting for an opportunity to gnaw? :D

Once again, I see no need to cut my life down to make those with limited experiences and horizons feel good about themselves.

Classic cases of inferiority complexes. (or just being inferiority--one of these two couldn't even open her own account. She stole one from a dead person.)
 
Does anyone else get the sense of vultures poised above the forum just waiting for an opportunity to gnaw? :D

Once again, I see no need to cut my life down to make those with limited experiences and horizons feel good about themselves.

Classic cases of inferiority complexes. (or just being inferiority--one of these two couldn't even open her own account. She stole one from a dead person.)

"Narcissism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


...Thomas suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[5]


  • [*]An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
    [*]Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
    [*]A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
    [*]Difficulty with empathy
    [*]Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
    [*]Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
    [*]Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
    [*]Haughty body language
    [*]Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
    [*]Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
    [*]Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
    [*]Pretending to be more important than they really are
    [*]Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
    [*]Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
    [*]Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
    [*]Denial of remorse and gratitude
"


You nailed all of them, Pilot (but especially the highlighted ones). Congrats.
 
Last edited:
If you read my "first time" story (which, of course, you haven't), you'll know that I admitted to be narcissistic up the whazoo. I think the difference here--what has you showing your lovely personality--may be that I've had quite a bit in life to be narcissistic about. Obviously you haven't. You can't even open your own account here. You had to steal your dead partner's account. And then you shat all over it. Do you too work in a warehouse and dream of fucking and torturing your sister (which would fit with you)? Cause you certainly do seem to have a twin vulture here. ;)
 
What Edward Midweston is saying is correct because he can copy and paste just as easily as Pilot can.

But the thing is where this goes to hell, is who has the lawyers resources and time to chase the Government to enforce a copyright on a story you posted for free in the grocery store known as the internet.

So even with the law technically on one's side, what the hell are you really going to do about it?


That's the gist of the entire matter. An author can win, unless the intellectual property thief is ensconced in one of the countries that laugh at foreign lawsuits against its citizens, but the victory will be decidedly hollow when he or she ends up paying far more in attorney fees and court costs than the story is worth.

Personally, my choice is to put everything salable into print on paper, so the publisher fights the legal battles, and to put nothing except semi-worthless fluff on the Internet.
 
Does anyone else get the sense of vultures poised above the forum just waiting for an opportunity to gnaw? :D

Once again, I see no need to cut my life down to make those with limited experiences and horizons feel good about themselves.

Classic cases of inferiority complexes. (or just being inferiority--one of these two couldn't even open her own account. She stole one from a dead person.)

No, you compulsive lying piece of crap this is you being called out on yet another lie.

As you stated this subject comes up all the time, yet this is your first mention of you now writing the very copyright laws that exist.

Why is that? Because the nature of compulsive lying disorder to to constantly add to and expound your lies. You have gone from knowing about copyright laws through your writing and publishers to now having literally written said laws.

And why should you say who you are? Because until you do you will be called out as the liar you are.

Maybe I'll start posting about how I was personally asked by Anton Levay to run the church of Satan once he died using his daughter as a mere figure head. No more ludicrous than your claims.

For anyone tuning in this is what an idiot this asshole is

His story scores stink and he blames trolls, fine. But better than that he claims to have another pen name that has tons of red H's, but of course will never announce it

He claims to have another name that is well up in the top of the 50 author list, but we don;t get to know that name either.

He also claims to have ton of real world publishing success, yet the books associated with every pen name he has dropped sells about as good as ice water in Alaska.

But of course he has massive mainstream success under, you guessed it a name we will never know.

But it gets better, PIlot tired of me picking on him went to his "friends" and said hey next time he is picking on him send tell him you know who I am and its this article about a loser who won 3rd place in an amateur writing contest .

according to said article this person worked for the CIA-in the press department-a far cry from the life threatening situations that has been mentioned here.

There was no mention of any professional publishing in fact if he was professionally published he would not have qualified for the contest in the first place.

And lets talk about Pilot's "military service" this old lady cries and cries and cries that anyone who owns a gun is a lunatic and they should be banned. No one who has ever been in the military or Government agency has that fear and disrespect of guns. In the military people are trained to use guns and respect them and rely on them to save their lives. NO one ex military is so against guns.

Next.

The problem with dropping a name and then making ridiculous claims is that said claims can be checked out. Very interesting that the name sent to me cannot be associated with any of his idiotic claims.

that's why I am dying to find this "book" because I doubt one writes under a pen name for the government.

Yes, you see google is a powerful tool when used correctly and someone has patience. You can look up all kinds of information. Like for instance the complete list of casts in "major" broad way presentations of musicals and movie credits.

You're a liar Pilot and I know it. Now go back and make up another one, maybe for your next trick you can say you founded the first ever publishing company in the USA.
 
"Narcissism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


...Thomas suggests that narcissists typically display most, and sometimes all, of the following traits:[5]


  • [*]An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges
    [*]Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships
    [*]A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)
    [*]Difficulty with empathy
    [*]Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)
    [*]Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)
    [*]Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt
    [*]Haughty body language
    [*]Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)
    [*]Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)
    [*]Using other people without considering the cost of doing so
    [*]Pretending to be more important than they really are
    [*]Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements
    [*]Claiming to be an "expert" at many things
    [*]Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people
    [*]Denial of remorse and gratitude
"


You nailed all of them, Pilot (but especially the highlighted ones). Congrats.


You're leaving out that most people who suffer from delusional narcissism (or delusions of grandeur) share similar fantasies. Some of said top fantasies are

Astronaut or Pilot

Spy

Author.

Folks we have a winner.
 
Your tandem angry bitch and loser jerk routines don't either impress me or affect me. It's quite obvious you two have been dealt losing hands in life and lash out at anyone who hasn't--and equally obvious that you deserved every nanosecond of it. :D
 
Yup, you got nothing.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to check on some family in Boston including a woman who really does work for the federal as well as Mass Government who does attend embassy parties and cannot seem to find that name on any guest list.

Catch you later superfraud.
 
Just for kicks, although your obsession with me is so obviously over the top that I don't know why I even bother.

As you stated this subject comes up all the time, yet this is your first mention of you now writing the very copyright laws that exist.

No it's not the first time I've mentioned I worked on the coyright law rewrite after the signing of the Berne convention. I've mentioned it nearly every time it's come up. As you have access to my background, you could see what would have put me on that commission. Some others here have access to that information too. (So, I don't give a shit what you say about it.)


Maybe I'll start posting about how I was personally asked by Anton Levay to run the church of Satan once he died using his daughter as a mere figure head. No more ludicrous than your claims.

More than a little bit of incomprehensible craziness here, LC. Were you foaming at the mouth through this section? (you certainly were before and after.)

His story scores stink and he blames trolls, fine. But better than that he claims to have another pen name that has tons of red H's, but of course will never announce it

If I announced that account, it wouldn't have Hs anymore, now would it?--you make that obvious in the really insane obsession with me that you exhibit here on the forum. I do have one account with all H stories. I have two other accounts that don't, and I have a shared account (shabbu) that also doesn't.

You're the one obsessed with my ratings here. Not me. Forum members have been shown that time and time again.

He claims to have another name that is well up in the top of the 50 author list, but we don;t get to know that name either.

No, I've never posted anything like that. And this is main reason I'm responding. Not being content with foaming at the mouth about what I do post to the forum, you are making all sorts of stuff up. Find a post where I've said I have anything in the top 50 author list. The only account I have that lists in the top 250 favorited authors is in my sr71plt name and I've never gotten above 115 in that list. Probably around 120 now. That's not high (well, relatively--it's high when you consider there are thousands of authors on the full list), but when you look at the major category I write under in that account name--GM--it's right up at the top (not that I care much about this at all).

You're way above me on that list, so what's your complex on where I am on the list? Do you need all of the air in the room? (I'm guessing you do because of your insecurities.)

He also claims to have ton of real world publishing success, yet the books associated with every pen name he has dropped sells about as good as ice water in Alaska.

Well, yes I do. And you can check that out just as well as anyone else here who knows more of my real background--and of my erotica pen names.

It just obviously doesn't suit your rabid obsession to be brought any bad news.

And my erotica is doing quite nicely to satisfy me, thank you. You are the one obsessed by the ratings of those books as well. I certainly have good reviews--as far as I can determine, you have none (which obviously is why you don't like to see my mention of reviews in my signature line--and why you have a personal attack against me in your signature line).

But of course he has massive mainstream success under, you guessed it a name we will never know.

I've never claimed to be more than a midlist author in the mainstream--or to be dissatisfied with being there.

You know my true name (you've had two attempts to post it to the forum erased by Laurel), so you can check out my true name books and publishing work just as a few others here can. True, I have some unacknowledged pen names in the mainstream too, but I'd be an idiot to tell someone as rabidly obsessessed with me as you what those are, wouldn't I?

But it gets better, PIlot tired of me picking on him went to his "friends" and said hey next time he is picking on him send tell him you know who I am and its this article about a loser who won 3rd place in an amateur writing contest .

The point that bought this up was when you charged that I'd never met John Grisham. What you were pointed to was a contest I placed in that was judged by John Grisham. Guess you couldn't bring yourself to look at the photo. :D

And, yes, at that time I gave some regulars here the same trace back to me that you got--and, yes, it was so they would laugh along with me during your rabid attacks on me. Which I trust they are doing now. :D

according to said article this person worked for the CIA-in the press department-a far cry from the life threatening situations that has been mentioned here.

Why, yes, the article in question confirmed I've worked for the CIA--as you could have verified by doing more google work--which is mentioned several places on the Internet (including the commission list for that there Berne Convention response). I remember you saying your dear wife (who surely would know these things as a sex therapist) knew that a person couldn't publicly acknowledge they'd ever worked for the CIA. And yet it was right there for you to read yourself if you were in the mood to do anything but obsess insanely over me. :D

There was no mention of any professional publishing in fact if he was professionally published he would not have qualified for the contest in the first place.

Making it up to justify yourself again. That particular contest is open to everyone, including writing professionals. As you could discover for yourself, since you were given the means to do so. So much easier just to make stuff up, though, isn't it?

And lets talk about Pilot's "military service" this old lady cries and cries and cries that anyone who owns a gun is a lunatic and they should be banned. No one who has ever been in the military or Government agency has that fear and disrespect of guns. In the military people are trained to use guns and respect them and rely on them to save their lives. NO one ex military is so against guns.

I've never been in the military. Never said I was. Was in the CIA and did a lot of stuff that military guys aren't asked to do--and without Geneva Convention protection either. But I haven't posted about that, either.

It's you posting on me and what I never actually post about (including slamming me for book promotion that every one else, including you, is doing as well). Just more of your rabid obsession with me.

And I don't fear guns. I fear idiots like you who are given access to guns. I'm quite pleased with how you have represented yourself on this forum on the gun issue. Keep it up. Post your views on that here every day. :D

The problem with dropping a name and then making ridiculous claims is that said claims can be checked out. Very interesting that the name sent to me cannot be associated with any of his idiotic claims.

Yeah, and you were given access to check some of those out. But does reality get in the way of your rabid obsessions with me? Absolutely not. Just ignore all of that stuff you could check out.

that's why I am dying to find this "book" because I doubt one writes under a pen name for the government.

What book? You're so hopped up with your hate that you aren't making a lick of sense. (So, what else is new?)

Yes, you see google is a powerful tool when used correctly and someone has patience. You can look up all kinds of information. Like for instance the complete list of casts in "major" broad way presentations of musicals and movie credits.

I never posted anything about Broadway. I was trained at the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C., and was on stage there and then worked on plays and in movies abroad. I don't give a rat's ass if you believe that or not. . .

. . . Because you are a pea-brained peasant who is consumed by his rabid obsession with me. :D

(OK, that was sort of fun. :D)
 
Last edited:
Just for kicks, although your obsession with me is so obviously over the top that I don't know why I even bother.



No it's not the first time I've mentioned I worked on the coyright law rewrite after the signing of the Berne convention. I've mentioned it nearly every time it's come up. As you have access to my background, you could see what would have put me on that commission. Some others here have access to that information too. (So, I don't give a shit what you say about it.)




More than a little bit of incomprehensible craziness here, LC. Were you foaming at the mouth through this section? (you certainly were before and after.)



If I announced that account, it wouldn't have Hs anymore, now would it?--you make that obvious in the really insane obsession with me that you exhibit here on the forum. I do have one account with all H stories. I have two other accounts that don't, and I have a shared account (shabbu) that also doesn't.

You're the one obsessed with my ratings here. Not me. Forum members have been shown that time and time again.



No, I've never posted anything like that. And this is main reason I'm responding. Not being content with foaming at the mouth about what I do post to the forum, you are making all sorts of stuff up. Find a post where I've said I have anything in the top 50 author list. The only account I have that lists in the top 250 favorited authors is in my sr71plt name and I've never gotten above 115 in that list. Probably around 120 now. That's not high (well, relatively--it's high when you consider there are thousands of authors on the full list), but when you look at the major category I write under in that account name--GM--it's right up at the top (not that I care much about this at all).

You're way above me on that list, so what's your complex on where I am on the list? Do you need all of the air in the room? (I'm guessing you do because of your insecurities.)



Well, yes I do. And you can check that out just as well as anyone else here who knows more of my real background--and of my erotica pen names.

It just obviously doesn't suit your rabid obsession to be brought any bad news.

And my erotica is doing quite nicely to satisfy me, thank you. You are the one obsessed by the ratings of those books as well. I certainly have good reviews--as far as I can determine, you have none (which obviously is why you don't like to see my mention of reviews in my signature line--and why you have a personal attack against me in your signature line).



I've never claimed to be more than a midlist author in the mainstream--or to be dissatisfied with being there.

You know my true name (you've had two attempts to post it to the forum erased by Laurel), so you can check out my true name books and publishing work just as a few others here can. True, I have some unacknowledged pen names in the mainstream too, but I'd be an idiot to tell someone as rabidly obsessessed with me as you what those are, wouldn't I?



The point that bought this up was when you charged that I'd never met John Grisham. What you were pointed to was a contest I placed in that was judged by John Grisham. Guess you couldn't bring yourself to look at the photo. :D

And, yes, at that time I gave some regulars here the same trace back to me that you got--and, yes, it was so they would laugh along with me during your rabid attacks on me. Which I trust they are doing now. :D



Why, yes, the article in question confirmed I've worked for the CIA--as you could have verified by doing more google work--which is mentioned several places on the Internet (including the commission list for that there Berne Convention response). I remember you saying your dear wife (who surely would know these things as a sex therapist) knew that a person couldn't publicly acknowledge they'd ever worked for the CIA. And yet it was right there for you to read yourself if you were in the mood to do anything but obsess insanely over me. :D



Making it up to justify yourself again. That particular contest is open to everyone, including writing professionals. As you could discover for yourself, since you were given the means to do so. So much easier just to make stuff up, though, isn't it?



I've never been in the military. Never said I was. Was in the CIA and did a lot of stuff that military guys aren't asked to do--and without Geneva Convention protection either. But I haven't posted about that, either.

It's you posting on me and what I never actually post about (including slamming me for book promotion that every one else, including you, is doing as well). Just more of your rabid obsession with me.

And I don't fear guns. I fear idiots like you who are given access to guns. I'm quite pleased with how you have represented yourself on this forum on the gun issue. Keep it up. Post your views on that here every day. :D



Yeah, and you were given access to check some of those out. But does reality get in the way of your rabid obsessions with me? Absolutely not. Just ignore all of that stuff you could check out.



What book? You're so hopped up with your hate that you aren't making a lick of sense. (So, what else is new?)



I never posted anything about Broadway. I was trained at the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C., and was on stage there and then worked on plays and in movies abroad. I don't give a rat's ass if you believe that or not. . .

. . . Because you are a pea-brained peasant who is consumed by his rabid obsession with me. :D

(OK, that was sort of fun. :D)


Wow.

Melt down much?

Your foot-stompy-palooza made me think of this scene, dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bEJz-HlK8Q



oh, and.... yeah, yeah, I know... I'm a usurper who stole my late wife's account... etc. etc. etc. (with her blessings and encouragement, but what the hell... gives you at least SOMETHING to get pissy about.)
 
Back
Top