Time Machine

All princesses grow up, even in Wonderland. Only in Neverland is it that the lads don't age. In fact in Neverland, if you are a grown up Peter Pan, you revert to your younger self.

So gay ... I never realized how gay until right now.

Heinlein did something like that in NUMBER OF THE BEAST. The supercar could navigate 3 spacial dimensions X,Y,Z and three time timensions TEE, TAU, TEH. Those last two led IIRC to fantasy universes inhabited by all characters of fiction, and then some. Alas, Heinlein had a damaged brain at the time and didn't work that out smoothly. :(

I was going to mention that...

That's where my namesake makes his second appearance in Heinlein's worlds.

If I recall correctly, they wound up in Barsoom for a bit, along with several other places. The theory was that Writers create the other dimensions or parallel/alternate universes.

Last edited:
Heinlein did something like that in NUMBER OF THE BEAST. The supercar could navigate 3 spacial dimensions X,Y,Z and three time timensions TEE, TAU, TEH. Those last two led IIRC to fantasy universes inhabited by all characters of fiction, and then some. Alas, Heinlein had a damaged brain at the time and didn't work that out smoothly. :(

Yes, sadly, Heinlein (like Kubrik) created the last few works of his career deep in dementia. Not that the works turned out worthless, but they definitely had a certain flawed raggedness to them.

Yes, sadly, Heinlein (like Kubrik) created the last few works of his career deep in dementia. Not that the works turned out worthless, but they definitely had a certain flawed raggedness to them.

Actually, I liked his later works over the earlier ones. All of them were good, but the later works always had the edginess to them. I wouldn't characterize them as flawed or raggedy, just written by someone older, more worldly, with a side of incestuous love about them.

The Number of the Beast was a great story as where these...

The Number of the Beast, 1980
Friday, 1982
Job: A Comedy of Justice, 1984
The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, 1985
To Sail Beyond the Sunset, 1987

All written after he recovered from an illness that had him not writing for five years.

Wonderland like Oz and Neverland kinda do what they want cuz they want. wander over to Tv Tropes if you want to see a hint of the theories people have figured on how that shit functions.

Back