Ye Olde S33k & Finde

Indeed, we have made quite the misinterpretation. My apologies. So, let me see if I understand now. Truth for tattoos, and since that is given, that particular trade is to be completed. The necklace remains to be resolved.

*He shook his head, feeling foolish for mistaking her words. His smile persisted even so, though perhaps a bit more sheepish*
 
She smiled a little wider, enchanted with what she saw. She inclined her head, "Suggestions then, for the trade of the necklace? After all, it is your merchandise."

She folded her arms over her chest and watched him, wondering what he was thinking. She usually could read people well, but this one.... this one was deep.
 
*His brow furrowed for a moment as he thought, but soon enough the spark of an idea lit his eyes*

You've told me your greatest fear, but now I believe myself in a position to know the other option. Your most wanton fantasy, in exchange for the necklace.

*He picked up the jewelry in question, fingers caressing the intricate design of it, hefting it in his hand. It was not heavy, but had a certain weight to it all the same*
 
The smile on her face, left and she growled softly, briefly, deep in her throat. She was hoping against hope he wouldn’t ask that. Her eyes followed his fingers caressing movement on the necklace.

“Done. My greatest wanton fantasy I believe was it? “ She cleared her throat then simply looked directly into his eyes.

“Remember me speaking of the strongest steel? Consider me that steel and wanting to find the right master capable of forging me into something more…. exquisite. Though I hardly consider myself exquisite.”
 
*He held out the necklace to her, the emeralds glinting in the light pouring from above*

Fair is fair. It's yours now.

*His mind played over the implications of such a trial upon the steel, the images all the more vivid for having her standing before him.*

The brightest gems often feel themselves mere glass, when truly they are diamonds in the rough....

*He smiled at her again, a bit of mischief playing on his features in a moment*
 
She shrugged, “Mayhaps or perhaps I simply don’t see myself in such a manner is all, but then, who am I to gauge my worth?” She stepped forward, closer to him, turning her back once more and lifted her hair.

“Fasten it for me, please?”

How better to carry a necklace than to wear it? She felt slightly uncomfortable in his presence now. She had revealed a part of herself to him that she had never revealed to anyone before.
 
*He took the necklace and draped it around her neck, fastening the clasp once more. His fingers followed the lines of her shoulders as they left her body, the touch still sending thrills through him. He waited for her to turn and face him before speaking.*

We are often the best person to gauge our own worth, because we can see the things inside us that make our worth so much greater. It is a gift to see those things in others.

*His eyes moved to the necklace sitting just beneath her throat, looking as though it were a long-lost part of Aislin's being. He couldn't help but smile at it, moving his gaze up to her eyes. He noted a bit of hesitance, or perhaps nervousness, but she seemed to suppress it well enough. He wondered idly if it would intensify at his next statement, a serpentine grin sneaking its way across his lips*

I am glad we have come to full terms on the necklace. Now, there is the matter of your tattoos....
 
"Perhaps I am just humble then. I know I have worth. I know I am forged steel, but my worth to another? For him to decide when and if he appears." Her fingertips had risen to caress the necklace at her neck and stilled at his words. A deal was a deal.

"Yes, about that," she began, "now how is this fair? You said truth is what you give everyone."
 
Indeed it is. Is there perhaps something else you'd wish instead? Something less general? I would not want you to feel slighted in the trade....

*His eyes were roaming, covering her curves, her hair, her eyes. They moved to the necklace, the shelves flanking her, but they always found her gaze at the end of their journey.*
 
She pondered upon his question as she watched him. Then her eyes sparkled as a thought occurred.

“Tell me something about yourself that no one else knows.”
 
Hmm...something that no one else knows....

*One hand moved subconsciously to stroke his chin, pondering what secrets he held from all others, and whether they were worth trading. He stopped as one such thought arrived at the forefront of his mind*

I once sought a sort of final release; pressure and cold metal. I did not have the resolve to find what I thought I wanted. I am glad to this day that I did not.

*His eyes were grave, but the moment passed quickly*
 
The sparkle in her eyes faded as she listened, to replaced with a more somber one, realizing what he shared with her. She tore her gaze from his and looked about the room.

“How likely is it that anyone is going to enter your establishment soon? I ask simply because in order to see one of the tattoos I will need to either remove my jeans or at the very least, drop them to my ankles.”

Her look came back to him. Her thoughts were unreadable.
 
People come and go in an erratic fashion. I never bar the door, for who am I to prevent people from seeking the joys of this place? I do, however, know of a more secluded area amidst the shelves that not many have ventured to. If you'll follow me...

*He moved to an aisle between two seemingly random shelves, looking over his shoulder once before continuing on down the path.*
 
There was a brief hesitation and catching that look over his shoulder, she followed. It never crossed her mind to ask him to bar the door. Far from, however, the idea of dropping her pants where anyone happening to come in, was a less comfortable thought. She remained quiet, her eyes glancing from side to side, noting random book titles as she went.
 
*After a great deal of twists and turns, they came to a spot where the shelves seemed to form a circle. There were many paths radiating out from the focal point, and there was a skylight directly above. He stood at the very center, turning to face her as she entered*

I liken it to a sanctum. It's not hard to find if you know where to look, or if you've been before. No one that I can recall has ever mentioned it to me in their searching.
 
She stopped just inside the circle and looked around.

“This place is a lot bigger than it looks.”

She slowly circled around him, taking in all the books, on all the shelves. Returning to the point where she came in, she turned, once more, to face him, biting gently on her lower lip. It was secluded enough. That was reassuring.
 
*He remained fixed at the center of the circle as she wandered about, taking in the sights. He grinned at her comment about the size of the place*

Yes, it is. Thankfully the expanded size does not inflate the rent. Well, not outrageously, anyway.

*He saw the nervousness clearly now; the way she fretted with her bottom lip. It was endearing, causing a softening in his stare.*

Is there anything I can do to...ease your mind further, Aislin? I would not wish for you to go into anything uncomfortably.
 
She shook her head.

“I’m fine, Fr33k. Just a bit of discomfort in dropping my jeans for a complete stranger is all.”

Little liar. Admit it. You actually enjoy the idea. Admit your heart is racing as is the blood in your veins. Her thoughts taunted her.

She shook her head slightly again as she stepped closer to the middle where he was. Her fingers went to the button at the top of her jeans, releasing it before they drifted down to the zipper, easing it down as far as it would go. They slid upward again, and into the waistband of her jeans. Her eyes found his as she eased the jeans over her rounded hips. Leaning over, she pushed them down to her ankles, before she came upright again, exposing the high cut lacy bikini panties she wore.

There outside of her panties, to the right, close to her pelvic bone was a small tattoo of a simple Celtic knot. Resting on the top of it, a small dragon with its tail curved over it. No color. It was all in black and white.
 
*He caught the bit of inner monologue in the form of a small quirk of her lips. His eyes followed her hands raptly, watching the ease of her motions. His pupils dilated slightly as he focused now on the slow reveal of her skin, fair and smooth as the rest he'd seen. The cut of her underwear accentuated her hips, and as his eyes moved to observe the small tattoo. It was simple in detail, yet its location spoke of a deeper meaning to it.

He stepped closer to her, eyes flitting from the tattoo to her own eyes, hints of brown glinting from reflected light elsewhere in the room.*

It is quite an interesting piece. The knot I presume is from your heritage, but what of the dragon? Is it protecting the knot, or is that merely where it has chosen to make it's lair?
 
“You presume rightly. As for the dragon, he’s a bit of whimsy on my part. I’m rather fond of dragons.”

The glimpse of something silver at her waist, mostly hidden by the top of her panties, catches the light from above whenever she moves, no matter how slightly. The hint of ink on her inner upper left thigh is visible. She parted her legs as far as the dropped jeans would allow.

“The other tattoo is there, on my inner thigh, left side. Another one of those dragons I am fond of.”

The dragon that was etched on her inner thigh was lying peacefully. His head rested on folded front legs, one eye closed, the other a mere slit. His head was pointed toward her knee. One gets the impression that while he might be taking a wee nap, he was always on his guard. He was not large at all, but not so small as to be easily dismissed.
 
*His eyes caught the glinting metal, but chose to focus solely on the parting of her thighs. He canted his head to one side, admiring the quality of the rich color inked into her fair skin. Its posture was more wary than the smaller dragon; its barely opened eye watching all those who would approach. And certainly it seemed to be guarding something very important...

He brought his eyes back up her torso, the sweater a stark contrast to the near-nakedness of her lower half, the necklace still seeming a part of her body more than a piece to join her ensemble*

I've found that dragons are the subject of much fondness, regardless of heritage. They are representative of so many qualities we seek to share.

*His eyes found both tattoos once more, in turn. He held the urge to trace their lines in check, though his fingers did twitch with an eagerness subconsciously drawn to the surface*
 
She bent over, retrieving her jeans and pulling them back up her legs before refastening and zipping up again. Shoving her hands in her back pockets, her emerald green eyes fixed firmly on him.

"Bargain met, Fr33k or is there anything else on your mind?" Her breath softly played across his skin, so close were they standing at the moment.
 
*Even in recovering her clothing, she seemed seductive. Her eyes were certainly sharing in that thought, even if subconsciously. His hands remained at his sides, though he did not move away from her. Their proximity allowed for the exchange of body heat without friction or force.*

I would say that we have met our deals for now, though I would add the caveat that there is always something on my mind. And with what I have shared and seen today, I would further add that there are a great many things on my mind concerning you. The revelation of these thoughts will happen in due time, though.

*He moved finally, skirting around her and heading into a different aisle of shelves than he'd taken to arrive. As he moved, their arms brushed. Another jolt, a sense of bridled thoughts and a feeling of imminent meetings.*

This way, if you please.
 
As he moved past her, their arms touched and she sucked in a deep breath suddenly and sharply.

“And if it doesn’t please?” Her voice traveled the distance it needed to reach his ears.

Since the shop wasn’t busy, she didn’t have to raise her voice to be heard. She stood in the center of the bookcases, something….indefinable…. in her eyes at the moment. Her posture was elegant, refined even. Her mother had spent hours teaching her posture.

Don’t slouch, Caitlin. You’re short. You need stand with your spine fully extended. Shoulders back now. Her mother often had rapped against the small of her back with a wooden ruler. Oft times, those "rappings" were a little harder than they needed to be. But she never flinched, never showed she had felt it.

Unconsciously, she always did so. There was a slightly defiant air about her. For her teachings? Or because of him? She wasn’t sure herself. She just knew what she felt and knew he had not been unaffected either.
 
If it does not please, then I would have to find a pleasurable alternative.

*He stopped, only a few steps down the aisle. He turned his head, looking at her over his shoulder with an inquisitive stare*

You have excellent posture, Aislin. I myself am a terrible slouch. Always told I'd get rounded shoulders....

*He smirked then, standing taller for a moment*

I suppose there might have been truth to the statement....
 
Back
Top