My Favorite Quotes

Rumi

You are a ruby embedded in granite.
How long will you pretend it's not true?
We can see it in your eyes.
Come to the root of the root of your Self.

You came here from the presence of that fine Friend,
a little drunk, but gentle, stealing our hearts
with that look so full of fire; so,
come, return to the root of the root of your Self.​
 
Thoreau

Do not be too moral. You might cheat yourself out of much life! Aim high above morality. Be not only good, but be good for something.
 
You are a ruby embedded in granite.
How long will you pretend it's not true?
We can see it in your eyes.
Come to the root of the root of your Self.

You came here from the presence of that fine Friend,
a little drunk, but gentle, stealing our hearts
with that look so full of fire; so,
come, return to the root of the root of your Self.​

beautiful...:rose:
 
Kahlil Gibran

Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.
 
"if you have never trodden the path of love, go away and fall in love; then come back and see us."

~ Jami (Essential Sufism)

:rose:
 
I do not care what car you drive. Where you live. If you know someone who knows someone who knows someone. If your clothes are this years cutting edge. If your trust fund is unlimited. If you are A-list, B-list or never heard of you list. I only care about the words that flutter from your mind. They are the only thing you truly own. The only thing I will remember you by. I will not fall in love with your bones and skin. I will not fall in love with the places you have been. I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your extraordinary mind.

I believe this is by Andre Jordan
 
Rabban Shime'on ben Gamliel said, On three things the world stands; on Judgment, and on Truth, and on Peace.
 
Martin Luther King

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
 
Never permit a dichotomy to rule your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do so you can have pleasure in your spare time. Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.
Pablo Picasso
 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

To finish the moment, to find the journey's end in every step of the road, to live the greatest number of good hours, is wisdom.
 
"You don't pay whores for sex. You pay them to leave"

~ an anonymous sage (...I'd like to believe that is was Mr. Francis Albert Sinatra.)
 
Last edited:
Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
::: John Lennon :::
 
Rumi.png
 
Leonard Cohen "Anthem"

Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There's a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.​
 
Anaïs Nin

We travel, some of us forever,
to seek other states, other lives, other souls.​
 
Shakespeare from MACBETH Act 5 Scene 5

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
 
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.
 
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

If anyone, fictitious or otherwise, ever needed to hear that "one bitch with many faces" line, it was MacBeth.
 
Back
Top