Immortal Love

"We will have to meet the elder council. I will tell them then why I only look a few years older."

He turned to the gathered ones and nodded his agreement, they dispersed, leaving only a younger man with them to lead them to their lodgings. Deacon took up the horse's reins and motioned for Samira to walk with him.

"The fact that we are cursed might stir things up, apart from everything else my people are very superstitious, but the fact that we didn't wield this magic that makes us immortal, might just let them help us instead of burn us."
 
She nodded and remained close to him it was rather chilly and she just wanted to find more warmth.

I would like to find warmth but being burned would be a tad too much.
 
He chuckled at her words,

"I agree with that, at least the room will have a hearth and we can get some warmth there."

They were placed in a guest room, it was large and spacious, thefur rug and small fire helped to keep it cozy, Deacon added a log to the fire and looked over at the bed, then grinned at Samira,

"Hope you don't mind sharing."
 
Sharing a bed with a man who has no care for me at all. Deacon please tell me how that is too terribly different from my entire life

She laughed a little and moved over towards the fireplace.
 
He looked at her,

"But I do care for you Samira, had I not done all what I have done for you?"

He smiled,

"More like a man who doesn't want to use and discard you."
 
You know what I mean Deacon

She laughed a little.

SO why would they assume to place us in a single room like this?
 
He looked around,

"It is a guest room and keeping us together leaves one man to guard us while the rest rushes around to get things ready for the elder gathering."

He smiled at her and sat down, he pulled off his boots, then got up as he stripped down to his underclothing, then he rummaged through one of his bags and pulled out the dress of his ancestors, a kilt, knit in the specific colors that marked his heritage, a sporan, a white shirt with a sash over one shoulder the same motif of his kilt, calf-length socks with ghillie shoes. He grinned at her and struck a pose,

"And don't you dare laugh at me lass."
 
Sitting there she placed her hand over her mouth fighting hard not to allow any form of chuckle escape her as tears well in her eyes from the struggle not to laugh.

Okay
 
He arched an eyebrow at her while trying to keep a straight face himself, he was not one to uphold traditions and he had to admit that he must look quite funny, going from his usual garb to this.
 
Interesting clothing for the males around here I see. I will have to grow used to that.

She smiled just watching him for a moment. Strange though it was it seemed strangely fitting on him though the clothing he wore before seemed just as fitting.
 
"Aye, your clothing will be none better if you are to be garbed in traditional clothing."

He grinned at her, finding suddenly that through all these years he had grown quite fond of her. There was a knock on the door and he brushed over his kilt,

"Right, the council is ready for us."
 
She bit her lip unsure of all of this but walked with him curling a little close to him.

What should we expect of this?
 
He smiled at her, taking her hand in his own, finding it cool against the warm skin of his palm.

"Justice and perhaps an answer to our problem of being unable to die."
 
What do you mean justice? Deacon what drove you from here before?

The more he said the more concerned she became with what might happen.
 
"What drove me? Nothing, I'm a soldier and I traveled to go fight and along the way I learned more music. The justice I speak of is that I have no wish to be burned as a warlock, when we can prove our claim that we were cursed, the elder council will try and get us help to break the curse and we can be normal again."

They paused outside the heavy doors of the council chamber and he placed his hands on her shoulders,

"It will be alright, trust me."

He leaned forward and kissed her forehead,

"I have much faith in my people, they may be hard, but they are fair."
 
She nodded and smiled trying to feel confidence but was not sure what to think or do.

Very well.

She curled against the kiss at her brow and smiled a little. At least he was there with her.
 
The council hearing was a long one, Deacon had to retell the story several times, sometimes Samira was asked for her part of the story as well, it was like the council wanted to see if there was any variation, any lie that could prove them the culprits, but after hours of grueling and grilling them, it became obvious that Samira and Deacon was not the culprits, only the victims of a jealous woman.

The only problem was that no village would allow a leader who have been cursed, though they will allow the two of them to live among them, Deacon could not be reinstated to his rightful place, also it was concurred that the spell was old, older than anybody could remember and that was a problem. But messengers would be sent out the very next day to all of those practicing the old crafts to see if a solution could be found. It was much more than Deacon had been expected and he left along with Samira,

"Well at least we are not to be burned, that is a good thing."
 
Yes but I do not think I can deal with their stares and inquisitions any more... I need to rest.

She sighed she was more bothered and tired and distressed with dealing with their questions and all of that than she ever was enduring her fate at Salims.
 
He led the way to their chamber and once the door closed behind them, he started to strip out of the clothing he had wore and slipped into his usual attire. Of course not ashamed to bare his body as he was sure that Samira had seen it all and that he had nothing to fear or hide.

"I'll take chair, you need some rest I'd say."
 
Of what restful sleep is a hard chair like that. Get some rest it is not like anything has ever happened nor likely to at all anyways.

She was in no mood to deal with anything as she moved over to the bed and tossing the cloak aside she was used to sleeping in her homeland clothing. She laid down and sleep quickly sought to overtake her.
 
He watched her as she fell asleep and sat down in the chair, pulling a warm cloak around himself,

"Perhaps there is reason for that banti."

He was sure that she didn't hear him, he sighed and nodded off in his seated position.
 
Waking she saw him still there in the chair and sighed she wanted to wander to get away from all of this and just get a chance to breathe but was not sure what to do or make of this place. Pacing she stayed away from him so not to disturb him but she was feeling trapped and not sure what to do to remedy that.
 
He awoke to the swishing of clothing and looked at Samira as she paced the room, he glanced at the window, it was morning.

"Good morning."

He got to his feet and stretched out, his joints and back cracking and popping, he hid a yawn behind his hand and rubbed his eyes. He moved over to a basin and washed his face, feeling a bit better he turned to face her,

"You look like a caged cat, would you like to take a walk?"
 
It is difficult to know if they would have been accepting of me taking a walk but yes to get out of this room would be nice.

She was on edge unsure how to react or what to do around this place since this council had to make decisions and all of that.
 
Back
Top