Con artist wants a parade. On the Fourth of July.

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
"We're thinking about doing, on the 4th of July or thereabouts, a parade, a 'Salute to America' parade. I guess it'd be really more of a gathering than a parade. Perhaps at the Lincoln Memorial. We're looking at sites. But we're thinking about doing something that would, perhaps, become a tradition,"

Thus spoke the con artist about his newest idea for a parade. And boy, was it a great one. No one ever thought of this before. He wants to have a parade on the 4th of July. Right there in Washington, D.C. The mind wobbles at such a suggestion.

Washington, of course, already hosts major 4th of July parade. Called America's National Independence Day Parade, it goes through the heart of downtown Washington, consisting "of invited bands, fife and drum corps, floats, military and specialty units, giant balloons, equestrian, drill teams, VIP's, national dignitaries and celebrity participants," according to the parade's website. Other smaller parades take place across Washington's neighborhoods.

It's also unclear exactly how the "Salute to America" event would work alongside -- or in place of? -- Washington's annually televised Fourth of July concert and fireworks near the Capitol building.​

But the con artist's parade goes one step further. Since the fireworks are already there, they'll be free! No, really. Those are his words.

"The fireworks (are) there anyway, so we just saved on fireworks. We get free fireworks because it's already being done. So, that's very good," Trump said, referring to the stash launched annually on Independence Day in downtown Washington.​

Watch out everybody. The guy's on a roll. Next he'll be telling us we need to have a holiday for veterans.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/politics/trump-parade-july-4/index.html
 
“What’s going on in the head of the president of the United States that he thinks this annual celebration should henceforth be attributed to him as if he dreamed it up?”

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow


My guess is that his staff suggested it.

After the El Paso rally, tRump was most likely complaining that he did not get what he was promised. They were probably crossing their fingers, hoping that tRump would forget, or be too busy dealing with Mueller, by then.
 
Yep, we should have a parade and fireworks in Washington on July 4th--just like we have done already for decades.

What a clown Donald Trump is--as are his Trumpettes on this board.
 
Trump should have his parade but only In Dallas on the same route that JFK had his parade and only with a car without the bubble top.
 
DonnyT would have no problem on that route. Oakland, Watts, Chicago's south side ..... different story.
 
Back
Top