What's your mood today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mood:

Thoughtful and sad, which has been my mood for 1 week now.

What topped it off was my 25th year reunion (Grammar School or Elementary School)!!!

Sad part is I know I look good these days...damn good. Back then I was fat, ugly and shy. The people, my past classmates, couldn't believe it was me. But they made me feel like shit anyway, looking at the school photos and saying, "Oh my God, look at how you looked!" "Ill, your hair was soooo big!" "Oh My God, was THAT you?" and "You look a trillion, million times better now!"

Yes, all words that you would love to hear and what you want to hear when you go to reunions, but I cried my eyes out when I came home. Truthful, I looked 10 times better then any of then and I would never, ever had said that to their faces.

Some things never change. I am glad that in my heart, I never changed.

Honey123 said:
My Mood:

What topped it off was my 25th year reunion (Grammar School or Elementary School)!!!

Sad part is I know I look good these days...damn good. Back then I was fat, ugly and shy. The people, my past classmates, couldn't believe it was me. But they made me feel like shit anyway, looking at the school photos and saying, "Oh my God, look at how you looked!" "Ill, your hair was soooo big!" "Oh My God, was THAT you?" and "You look a trillion, million times better now!"

Yes, all words that you would love to hear and what you want to hear when you go to reunions, but I cried my eyes out when I came home. Truthful, I looked 10 times better then any of then and I would never, ever had said that to their faces.

Sweetheart, jealousy isn't pretty, and some folks can't feel good about themselves unless they're putting someone else down.

Don't let it get to you. You KNOW you look better, so don't sweat it. I know it's horrible, but it's their problem, baby, not yours.

Pat yourself on the back - you didn't go down to their level.

:kiss:

cloudy said:
Sweetheart, jealousy isn't pretty, and some folks can't feel good about themselves unless they're putting someone else down.

Don't let it get to you. You KNOW you look better, so don't sweat it. I know it's horrible, but it's their problem, baby, not yours.

Pat yourself on the back - you didn't go down to their level.

Cloudy,

It hurt so bad. I know what I looked like then and I still have that sweet little thing in my body and my mind. I would never give her up because she is what makes me, me. I think of all the unkind words I can say to someone and then I remember what unkind words were said to me in those days. So very sad. Do you know that by the time High School came around, I did lose weight - At 24 I was crowned Ms. Columbus (A local crowing of a girl for Columbus Day and Italian celebration) and by 25 I was 1st runner up for Ms. Hudson County. I was even in a modelling school for a year until I realized that I was 5'4" and was going NO WHERE!!! But you know what, when I came home I was 13 years old, 5'4" and 150 lbs, I had curly, crazy hair and cried. It is a hard pill to swallow.

Honey123 said:
Cloudy,

It hurt so bad. I know what I looked like then and I still have that sweet little thing in my body and my mind. I would never give her up because she is what makes me, me. I think of all the unkind words I can say to someone and then I remember what unkind words were said to me in those days. So very sad. Do you know that by the time High School came around, I did lose weight - At 24 I was crowned Ms. Columbus (A local crowing of a girl for Columbus Day and Italian celebration) and by 25 I was 1st runner up for Ms. Hudson County. I was even in a modelling school for a year until I realized that I was 5'4" and was going NO WHERE!!! But you know what, when I came home I was 13 years old, 5'4" and 150 lbs, I had curly, crazy hair and cried. It is a hard pill to swallow.

You're right, it is.

I was a very late bloomer....very jock-ish, and athletic in high school, and not one of the pretty girls. I was fairly popular in college, but not because of my looks.

In my late twenties, early thirties that changed, but I still remember what it was like not to have a date to the prom.

They're small-minded people who can't see beyond what someone looks like. You are a treasure, I promise.

Honey123 said:
My Mood:

Honey, I wrote you a beautiful pm to share my support for you, and sent it to full box :rose:

Let me know when you have a spot....:D
I'm not going anywhere,...:rose:

ruminator said:
Honey, I wrote you a beautiful pm to share my support for you, and sent it to full box :rose:

Let me know when you have a spot....:D
I'm not going anywhere,...:rose:

All clear, Rum.

I am sorry. Thank you.:kiss:

ruminator said:
No apology needed. It's a sign of how well loved you are here. :heart:

That or how lazy I am to clean it out!

I just started a Reunion thread -- called Hard to Swallow - the Reunion pill...

Honey123 said:
. . . Truthful, I looked 10 times better then any of then and I would never, ever had said that to their faces.

You are beautiful, Honey.

(And mean people suck.)

:heart:

I feel hyper which must mean I'm getting better :nana:

ps The wife has been having this intense back pain if any of you ladies who've carried before know of any natural remedies please speak up.

destinie21 said:
I feel hyper which must mean I'm getting better :nana:

ps The wife has been having this intense back pain if any of you ladies who've carried before know of any natural remedies please speak up.

Prenatal massage is the only thing that works. Hot baths provide temporary relief, but suck because your body temp is already too damn high, most often. Home massages are awkward because you don't have the table with the hole cut out for protruding tummies and hot salve carries the same heat problems as hot baths. Good luck soothing her, Des. It's a bitch.

~lucky :kiss:

Ambivalence

not sure what my mood is today. its raining.. its bill paying day and i have tons of cleaning to do...
not only that but im behind.... supposed to be writing a story with someone and i promised i would have part of it done by now.. i feel like a bit of a loser for falling behind.

but i have the day to rectify it..

Ambivalent works...

Hope you don't mind my stealing it, Vella. ;)

The long weekend is over too soon.

The department I used to work in is 'borrowing' me today and I really miss the work so I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time the reason they're borrowing me is that they're short-staffed and behind so it promises to be a stressful day. :rolleyes:

I actually woke up early for once so I shouldn't have to stress about running late like I do every day, but I'm fucking about online so I'm running late anyway. :D

My mood today...

Looking up!

I just managed to weasel my way out of a pointless lunchtime meeting! :nana:

Re: My mood today...

cheerful_deviant said:
Looking up!

I just managed to weasel my way out of a pointless lunchtime meeting! :nana:

weasel.. *snicker*

well, all my stories that i submissted are finally up.. im thrilled. the paint is drying on the walls and i can sit down and write.. i think.

so.. YEHAW! its a great day.
:D

Re: Re: My mood today...

vella_ms said:
weasel.. *snicker*

well, all my stories that i submissted are finally up.. im thrilled. the paint is drying on the walls and i can sit down and write.. i think.

so.. YEHAW! its a great day.
:D

Wow your use of the word YEHAW! made me smile

I haven't decided my mood yet, leaning towards..Grrrrrr.

Lucky, your box is full.:rose:

Re: Re: Re: My mood today...

RenzaJones said:
Wow your use of the word YEHAW! made me smile

Renza.. if thats all it takes to make, you, a gorgeous woman smile.. then id do it all the time..

C'mon, Abs.....it'll get better (or it will if you're all through with your chaperone thing).

Lou's Lit Olympics thingy in her sig made me smile. I want one!!!

ABSTRUSE said:
I haven't decided my mood yet, leaning towards..Grrrrrr.

Lucky, your box is full.:rose:

Well if your mood is Grrrrrrrrrr...lean in a little closer. I want to hear it against my ear.

~lucky

A, not any more. :rose:

lucky-E-leven said:
Well if your mood is Grrrrrrrrrr...lean in a little closer. I want to hear it against my ear.

~lucky

A, not any more. :rose:

Come closer.............AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.
just kidding.:D

~A~total doorknob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back