Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been walking with a limp last night, all day today, and fear for kung fu class tonight...

I tied for first place in a story contest on the new UK forum. Of course there were only two entries. :cathappy:

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

Woo! Congrats!

Unrelated blurt:
I have a hard time understanding parents who can afford beer and cigarettes but not school clothes for their children.

Stupid steel company thought the office was a warehouse and has tried delivering steel beams and columns here instead of to the job sites. Hopefully (after three or four miss-deliveries) that is all cleared up now.

I have had an overdose of Marcel Duchamp.

I attended an all-day symposium today about Duchamp, from 9.30 am to 7.30 pm. All that intellectual discussion in one day is too much for my aged brain to absorb.

It will take a month or so to process all the information I gained today.

I joined Facebook as Ogg Bashan today.

I'm not sure what I'm doing because I've never been on Facebook in any identity before. If I send you a Friend request in error, I apologise. I'm a complete Newbie on Facebook.

I'm not sure what I'm doing because I've never been on Facebook in any identity before. If I send you a Friend request in error, I apologise. I'm a complete Newbie on Facebook.

LOL No problem. If you want, you can send me a friend request as Eve McFadden, my pen name. I can guarantee I won't fill up your page with stuff b/c I don't post much. But it will up your friend count. ;)

I'm Glynndah Goodwitch there. I'll be your friend.

LOL No problem. If you want, you can send me a friend request as Eve McFadden, my pen name. I can guarantee I won't fill up your page with stuff b/c I don't post much. But it will up your friend count. ;)

Thank you. My friend count is growing.

What isn't, is my information. Apparently I got married today, not 41 years ago. :rolleyes:

I tried to enter schools. I didn't want to put in actual schools because there were too many. But Facebook tells me I have to put in a city when I want to put countries.

I'll work it out over the next few days. Back to the real me and community activities.

If I could make a suggestion or to, Ogg?.
Be very careful about what, where or who. fb have been at changing the so-called 'privacy' thing again, and not for the better.
I commend you restrict everything to family and friends (if you ain't careful, you could have the whole damned world as friends).
Personally I'd not bother about schools and so on. The system is not designed to be that real. For example, I'm retired. Does it let me be retired? No. It has found a company in the USA where I work. So I delete the blasted lot!

If I could make a suggestion or to, Ogg?.
Be very careful about what, where or who. fb have been at changing the so-called 'privacy' thing again, and not for the better.
I commend you restrict everything to family and friends (if you ain't careful, you could have the whole damned world as friends).
Personally I'd not bother about schools and so on. The system is not designed to be that real. For example, I'm retired. Does it let me be retired? No. It has found a company in the USA where I work. So I delete the blasted lot!

I am trying to be careful. That is why I am there as Ogg, not the real me. I am restricted to friends, and the 'school' no longer exists. I'm not going to post any pictures of me, not even my Lit AV.

As the real me I have had a telephone conversation with my bank today. They had to convince me that they were my bank before I would talk to them.

Why was I suspicious? I'd had fifteen emails from 'them', apparently my bank, to oggbashan this morning alone. oggbashan doesn't have a bank account so all the spam from banks can be safely deleted. But I have also had five to my real name, some of them addressing me correctly with my real post code. All those messages were phishing.

I have stayed away from Facebook until today, and I will still not join it in my real name. I do not trust their security and particularly the recent changes.

I am trying to be careful. That is why I am there as Ogg, not the real me. I am restricted to friends, and the 'school' no longer exists. I'm not going to post any pictures of me, not even my Lit AV.

As the real me I have had a telephone conversation with my bank today. They had to convince me that they were my bank before I would talk to them.

Why was I suspicious? I'd had fifteen emails from 'them', apparently my bank, to oggbashan this morning alone. oggbashan doesn't have a bank account so all the spam from banks can be safely deleted. But I have also had five to my real name, some of them addressing me correctly with my real post code. All those messages were phishing.

I have stayed away from Facebook until today, and I will still not join it in my real name. I do not trust their security and particularly the recent changes.

What do you actually do with phishing and spam bank emails?.
Personally, I get all the stuff I can, and send it to the bank's fraud department.

What do you actually do with phishing and spam bank emails?.
Personally, I get all the stuff I can, and send it to the bank's fraud department.

I do that with PayPal phishing, but I get 20 - 30 a day apparently from other financial institutions.

OMG, a fucking bullet point checklist! With numbered sub-sections for each day. ETA for the trip to the toy shop. Rendezvous time for the one dropping off the bags at the hotel to liaise with the other one who has gone on to Venue #1.

Fucking Hell! Bloody booking reference for teatime!

Christ alive. To think I used to live in London, freewheeling past the Bank of England on a second hand racing cycle when the roads were deserted at the weekends, and now I'm going back as a set of numbered booking references.

:cool: Just wear the sunglasses and show teeth occasionally. In a grin not a snarl.

OMG, a fucking bullet point checklist! With numbered sub-sections for each day. ETA for the trip to the toy shop. Rendezvous time for the one dropping off the bags at the hotel to liaise with the other one who has gone on to Venue #1.

Fucking Hell! Bloody booking reference for teatime!

Christ alive. To think I used to live in London, freewheeling past the Bank of England on a second hand racing cycle when the roads were deserted at the weekends, and now I'm going back as a set of numbered booking references.

:cool: Just wear the sunglasses and show teeth occasionally. In a grin not a snarl.

That seems to be a very well-organised itinerary. I ain't seen that sort of organisation since I was in the military, many moons ago. :rose:

Wow, those were some seriously weird dreams.

Ask yourself what you ate or drank; then try and avaiod them.
Does this prevent the dreams ?
:rose:

That seems to be a very well-organised itinerary. I ain't seen that sort of organisation since I was in the military, many moons ago. :rose:

Ask yourself what you ate or drank; then try and avaiod them.
Does this prevent the dreams ?
:rose:

Terminally innocence, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back