~~~~~ A fallout in Medieval times~~~~check OOC to join.

Even though his pack controlled the northern portion of the desert, Fangore wasn't content to stay in one place. Rumors of the humans encroaching on his borders made him just a little angry, his dealings with them in the past having been less than nice. He needed to figure out exactly what was going on, so he dispatched a few scouts to find out.

He was about to sit down to eat when a shout was heard. He pushed the flap of his tent aside to see two of his guards walking across the camp. Tied up between them was one of the crocodile race. One corner of his mouth lifted for a moment before he pointed towards the cages. The croc an was thrown into the cage before Fangore walked over to peer in at him.

"What are you doing intruding on my land?"
 
The Crodile snarled and hissed the spat at Fangore's feet before speaking, "I am a forward scout of the Krios Tribe of the Crodile people dog. I and others were sent here to these territories to see what state your people were in, to see if you were worthy of being extended the offer to join the tribe."
 
"Shhh" Morrigan shushed Cathrina as a Croc man walked by. Cathrina replied hushed and urgent, "Shapeshift" giving Morrigan the look of "duh". Morrigan replied "I can't we would be caught" it's dark out and if they saw a faint glow we'd be gone, run go back to the capital were the Firrans are. Train them, be there hidden queen, trust me I'll be fine, go" Cathrina fought back tears, she hugged Morrigan, "Thank you" she whispered. And ran deeper into the woods. Morrigan looked at the field full of tents. And walked out of the woods. "Hey!" She yelled, "We can talk civilized without slaughter and bounds or we can do this a much harder way!" She yelled hands cupped to her mouth. She crossed her arms and waited for a response.
 
He raised an eyebrow for a moment at the croc's words and actions, smirking for a moment.

"Is that so? Your words don't impress me much. Nor do you."

He looked at the scout a moment longer before turning away. He went back into his tent, motioning to one of the servants.

"Gather the advisors and tell them I will see them shortly."

Outside at the cage, one of the guards took up post, chuckling.

"You are lucky to still be breathing crodile. The leader usually has all foreign military, even beast, killed on sight. I would be surprised if you survive the night."
 
"I do not care if I die, I have shamed myself and the tribe simply by allowing myself to be captured. And all the Crodile are warriors, he would slaughter us all? A truly boastful and empty thing to say, he is too weak to for that."

Back at the main Crodile encampment, immediately a large group of warriors descended on the lone firran, they did not bind her this time but did take her by spearpoint, to Rakarn's dwelling. Inside the large Crodile leader gestured to a crude wicker chair. "Sit. I assume you heard the discasino between the pale skin and myself, make your case about why I shouldn't take his offer."
 
The guard laughed for a moment.

"The desert is a harsh mistress, unlike where you came from. No, it has been a standing order for the past turns, from the former pack leader. Non-military are allowed through, with a pack member escort. I do not know all the reasoning behind it. once the leader decides your fate, you may or may not lose your head."

He fell silent once more as a hot wind blew through the camp, ruffling the tents.
 
"So it is hot and dry here? This is harsh compared to a place where the very land tries to kill you and consume you? Every plant and animal will try to kill you in the swamps of the Crodile, even the water. I waste my words on your kind though." Muttered the captured scout as he settled back and closed his eyes, awaiting news of his future.
 
Cathrina bore her glare into him. "If your people were having a calm conversation and smiling and laughing with children, and people march into your lands and raped your spouse and killed your children and should you while you were used every day! Would you not fight! Would you allow this!" She stood and paced "And then you call us weak. And perhaps we are. Maybe. We were peaceful we had no need to fight." Angry tears streamed down her face. At that moment Morrigan appeared from a fly. And put her hand on her shoulder. Maybe some god damn honor in your tribe. I'll join have my people join your tribe if you free us. If not you've made a enemy." Cathrina calmed and sat down. Morrigan spoke. "You may call me Morrigan, shapeshifter." If you touch her I'll burn your swamp to the ground."
 
Rakarn simply laughed. "These are big threats. My people have endured much, not only do we deal with the other races attempt g to make slaves of us but our very home tries to kill us every day. You forget that the Crodile were subjugated long ago along with all the others but we broke our shackles and turned them into weapons, your kind need others to do that for you. Either way the Firran will be freed from the pale skin and brought into the Krios tribe, what makes you think that being under our rule will be any different though? And as for you, shapeshifter, do you honestly think that I am frightened of you? And in your heart, do you truly believe that you could kill me and burn our home down? That you are the only one in these lands capable of using magic?" He let out another guffaw of laughter before waving a hand at them, "I grow hungry, leave and find a place to rest before I decide to make a meal of you."
 
Cathrina smiled "then me and Morrigan know what to do. My people will not help you. You are not honorable. Nor true. I guess you were right Morrigan. Get the Elves, and get the Rebels I have retrieved. Prepare them. We're fighting. Morrigan bowed and back up. And started to clutch her side. In a green glow everything was blinded. And then a swirl. Then... Dragon. It was black and magnificent and huge. Morrigan bowed her head way down and Cathrina mounted her. Sitting on her neck. Morrigan flew up knocking down the tent on top the leader. Her scales impenetrable. Only killed by one thing. The real friendship itself. Betrayal, not forced. But real. Hovering over the the camp, Morrigan let out a gust of fire into a group of five croc men. And soared to the Elves.
 
Rakarn cut his way from the tent and watched the Crodiles burn then motioned to another group, "repair my tent and have those five prepared for as a meal for the camp." Then he turned his head to the skies and roared with laughter, "you simply trade one slave master for another by going to the knife ears! They would just as quickly enslave all our kind but rather than steel collars they use gossamer! You'll never even know you're their slaves!"
 
As the council was gathered in another tent, Fangore stood over his map of the land. He frowned for a moment before motioning to the guard.

"Bring the scout in here."

"Yes sir."

The guard left the tent to walk to the stockade, motioning to the other guard. Together they hauled the scout out and escorted him into the tent. Fangore looked up for a moment before back to the map.

"Show me where your tribe is and tell me more about them."
 
He gave a snort as he pointed at the area encompassing all the swampland, "Krios tribe is here. We are warriors, Rakarn Krios is the strongest amongst us and our Warleader. He leads us to battle against the lesser races, that we might return this land to its rightful owners and then place the collars and shackles the mainlanders would have us wear back on them. He will bend them to his iron will and rule them as they attempted to rule all of us in the past. Myself and others were sent here to see if you people were strong enough to join us."
 
Cathrina yelled from Morrigan, "just like you guys right?! Like you said it would be no different. You just as well told me there's no 100% our people can be our own. Under your tribe, I'd rather take my chances with the elves that guarantee our freedom of you cab garantee well be Slaves free and can live under a fair rule. Then I'll agree until then, Iv got a war."
 
Last edited:
Fangore growled for a moment, hitting the table.

"I wasn't talking about where your tribe ruled. I was asking where your leader was at right now."

He wondered for a moment if these crodiles were all muscle and no brains. He shook his head for a moment before continuing.

"And how does this so-called testing work? Do I fight you? Or did you really have a plan on dealing with this choosing of yours?"
 
Nolean read Senren's report with a grimace. The war chief didn't seem like he'd be reasonable. He wrote out orders for Senren telling him to wait at the outpost for further demands from the croc leader. "Go'rakk would you be so kind as to deliver this to a courier and bring me Renna?" Nolean said to his large Orc bodyguard. The Orc gave a confirming grunt before grabbing the letter.

Nolean waited a few minutes before his chamber door was thrown open by a confident looking human woman. She sat down in Nolean's lap, wrapping her long legs around him and leaning forward to give him a view of her ample cleavage. "You called for me Captain?" She asked in a sultry tone. Nolean smiled and brushed her long brown hair behind her ear before speaking. "Renna I need you to do something for me." He said. "Of course Captain." She said reaching down to remove Nolean's pants. He gently grabbed her wrists and moved them away from his lap. "Not that sweet girl. I need you in your purple cloak." He said letting go of her hands.

Renna crossed her arms over he chest and gave Nolean a pouty look. "That's no fun, but ok. What do you need me to do?" She asked. "The croc-men are looking to start a war. A war I don't want them to win. Go to the desert and see if the wolves would be more willing to form an alliance." Renna stood up, her pout replaced by a smile. "I can't resist those desert dwellers Captain." She said happily. "I know. That's why I'm sending you. Take The Black Angel and sail around the island. I don't want you crossing the swamps. Get a crew together and pack your things. You leave now."

The brunette nodded and left Nolean's chambers. She gathered her normal group of men and told them what ship to prepare before going to her room to pack. She pulled on a pair of knee high boots over her loose fitting white pants. On her upper body she pulled on a light grey tunic and a wide belt that held her short-sword. She finally pulled on her purple diplomat's cloak and a quiver of arrows. She grabbed her bow and headed for The Black Angel. After about fifteen minutes the experienced crew had the ship sailing with the winds away from the island city of M'wave. Renna got settled in her cabin and tried to get some rest. She had a three day journey ahead of her.
 
Morrigan landed, at the old capital, Rebel Firran greeted Cathrina happily, "Free the Firran!" They chanted, Cathrina walked toward the largest building , greeting the Firran, leaving Cathrina to her work, Morrigan, launched off again and flew towards the jungle. She turned natural as she approached the slavers camp. Walking in a bruised depressed looking Firran walked out of a building. Morrigan grabbed her arm, the woman looked up at her and Morrigan nodded, then the woman did and smiled. Morrigan walked away and sat in a inn, surprised she hasn't been questioned, she had some wine and started to estimate how many slavers there were here.
 
Last edited:
The scout shook his head, "it is not our place to decide, it is only our place to watch and report, it is Warleader Rakarn's place, and only his place, to decide if you are worthy or not. As for where he is...he is with the main bulk of the tribe as he usually is. Where that is now I cannot tell you because I do not know, but when I came to these lands three weeks ago, he was here." And he pointed at a spot on the map that was roughly the center of the swamplands. "However if he travels lightly and takes the waterways he can be nearly anywhere in a day, two at the most."
 
Against his father's orders Taujiel had ventured out of their hidden new town and was as usual scouting the forest. He stayed on trees and hunted games for food. During his scouting, he'll be out for three days and so usually carried his lute.
Taujiel was surprised when the Crodiles of the Kiros tribe entered the forest, he was even more shocked when they battled with the human scum. Taujiel was about going down to them, to aid in the fight against Nolean, but when he saw the famous Firran leader Catherine escaping from the chief of the Crodiles, all thought of an alliance immediately disappeared.
Taujiel now perched on a tall tree near the rebel camp, the former capital of the Firrans. He watched as a dragon dropped off the cat and flew away. It was time he made himself known.
"I wish to speak to your queen." he said calmly to the female guards at the gate who now had spears pointing at his neck.
 
Last edited:
Cathrina walked through the magical forest, seeking the Elves help. Hoping they would help her get her homeland back. She continued to run on four legs through the forest.
 
"You are?" the apparent head of the guards hissed.
"Prince Taujiel Archroweg. Heir to the throne of Elfheim." he replied making a slight bow.
"Elfheim. She's on her way there now. Infact she just left."
Taujiel turned and glared back into the woods. "Which way did she go?" he asked tensing the muscle he will need to make the race.
"To the west, she is using the waterfall route."
"Thank you." he said before vanishing north. If he was fast enough and if she had just gone and if she wasn't running. He'll catch up with her before she cross the waterfall to the ancient stone.
 
Cathrina stopped a few miles of the waterfall to take a breath. She sipped her flask. She turned sharply around as she heard branches breaking behind her. She readied her short sword.
 
Taujiel broke out into the small clearing, and for the second time in a single day had a weapon pointed to his neck. "I uh, uh i...my name is Taujiel" he stuttered not from the short sword aiming at his throat but at the beauty of the Firran. She was even more beautiful than he had imagined. He had seen her from up above tree tops but now standing infront of her...he felt mesmerized by her looks. "I come in peace."
 
Fangore growled for a moment, the scout's answer not what he was wanting. He gave a wave for a moment before the scout was roughly removed from the wolf's presence and thrown back into the cage. He stayed hunched over the map before receiving word that the council was ready.

He spent nearly an hour with the council before deciding he needed to find out what was going on. He wasn't interested in anything except making sure his clan recovered their land back from the treasure seekers and invaders. After the meeting he gave the orders to be prepared to move camp that night.

He returned to his tent, finally getting to eat his meal before being interrupted.
 
"I apologize, it seems the whole world has turned against me these days." She said with a small smile. "Taujiel... That name sounds familiar, if I'm correct you are the heir,yes?"
 
Back
Top