Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 02-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #51
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

Lots of research last night, but no more words written.
Spencerfiction called it "Unputdownable"

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Old 02-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #52
RubenR
Literotica Guru

4.500 words, and they've entered their hotel room. Kissing still seems far away.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #53
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

30k words and A Night in the Big Easy is in the can and on a shelf for a week or so to ferment. I'm always excited to reread and edit something I've written after I put it away for a spell.

My litmus test is, does it turn me on when I go back to it, so we'll have to wait and see what it looks like the first week of March.

Now, it's back to work on that pesky April Fools story. I wish I felt more comfortable with my story not taking place in April.

Cheers everyone...

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~

Old 02-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #54
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusGoneAwry View Post
30k words and A Night in the Big Easy is in the can and on a shelf for a week or so to ferment. ......
Wow! That's cool!

And don't forget the Geek Pride one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenR View Post
4.500 words, and they've entered their hotel room. Kissing still seems far away.
Yes!!!! At least another 4.500 words before the kiss, then 4,500 words for THE KISS my kind of story

Chloe's latest is One Night in Xanadu", where a Princess of the Xiongnu finds herself in the Great Khan's summer palace and you can also find it in the One Night in XXX Story Event
And here's Chloe's second to latest, a little Gothic horror romance, Midnight at the Villa Diodati, where the Lady Li-hua Baskerville finds herself in Geneva in 1812, with her husband, Mary and Percy, Claire, Byron and one or two others....

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #55
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
I know nothing about Red Stick (Baton Rouge) LA, sorry.

My slowly re-awakening literary sense is thinking of ONE NIGHT IN XXX as an envelope for a metro place with neighborhoods and boroughs, with multiple distinct chapters for them. So ONE NIGHT IN NEW YORK CITY could have separate chapters for Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island -- and maybe Liberty Island, Riker's Island, Fire Island, etc. The same is possible with the mining town of Bisbee, AZ or Los Angeles.

The above paragraph means I've started nothing yet. Inspiration awaits somewhere.
"One Night in Quandary"????

Chloe's latest is One Night in Xanadu", where a Princess of the Xiongnu finds herself in the Great Khan's summer palace and you can also find it in the One Night in XXX Story Event
And here's Chloe's second to latest, a little Gothic horror romance, Midnight at the Villa Diodati, where the Lady Li-hua Baskerville finds herself in Geneva in 1812, with her husband, Mary and Percy, Claire, Byron and one or two others....

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #56
gunhilltrain
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonnights View Post
I have a question: Does anyone know the address or general location of Independence Hall at the Lakeshore Auditorium in Baton Rouge LA? I've searched online for it but it doesn't come up. It's part of the setting for the story I'm doing for this event. I'm thinking it may have been torn down (the event was the first show of Jimi Hendrix's second tour on July 30, 1968.) It's not critical, I can make it up, but would rather not. Thanks and a free pass to read my story for all who answer correctly. (not sure how I'd know if it was correct though )

PS: The first passionate kiss has been written and the relationship looks promising ~
I found these:

https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Jul...aton_Rouge,_LA

Close-up of the poster:

https://concerts.fandom.com/wiki/Jul...1494374932.jpg

Links to my submissions are here.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #57
gunhilltrain
Really Really Experienced

Lakeshore Auditorium

There is also this:

https://plus.google.com/111082060013...ts/RoCqZ5ZwbRD

Capitol Lake is the only lake in town and it's right next to downtown. You can probably guess pretty closely where the exact site was.

Links to my submissions are here.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:29 AM   #58
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
And don't forget the Geek Pride one
I am a huge science fiction fan and whether it's in written, audio or video form I eat it up, but I am extremely nervous about writing for that audience.

Anyone have guidance regarding how much tech is required to past muster for a Geek Pride submission that won't tank. (Yes, I know there's a separate thread for that but Chloe brought it up here so...)

Anyway, I'm committed to the One Night in... and April Fools debauchery at a minimum.

Oh, and I have a new story published in E&V in case anyone feels like they need to kick a dog this morning

https://www.literotica.com/s/visions-of-ecstasy

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~

Old 02-15-2019, 11:38 AM   #59
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
"One Night in Quandary"????
Five nights in absentia, for sure. But I'm almost afraid that if I start, I'll feel compelled to write of nights in many places, one each. Many nights, many episodes. Nights with stars and with nobodies. Nights with mixed unforseen consequences. Nights of tragi-comedy and insanity. Nights stuck somewhere. And as I mentioned, short nights (orbital) and long nights (polar and lunar).

A quandary, for sure. All dependent on a re-activated muse. And coffee.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #60
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusGoneAwry View Post
I am a huge science fiction fan and whether it's in written, audio or video form I eat it up, but I am extremely nervous about writing for that audience.

Anyone have guidance regarding how much tech is required to past muster for a Geek Pride submission that won't tank. (Yes, I know there's a separate thread for that but Chloe brought it up here so...)

Anyway, I'm committed to the One Night in... and April Fools debauchery at a minimum.

Oh, and I have a new story published in E&V in case anyone feels like they need to kick a dog this morning

https://www.literotica.com/s/visions-of-ecstasy
I'm not sure tech knowledge is required so much as careful attention to world-building. The category includes fantasy as well as sci fi. And in the case of this particular event it's not necessary that it be a Sci Fi story. As long as it's geeky. Mine isn't going to be Sci Fi, but it will concern fans of Star Trek, and Stark Trek will be an ongoing theme in the story.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 PM   #61
yukonnights
Literotica Guru

Quote:
All I found was this...

For you youngsters out there, Independence Hall was a huge auditorium near the Mississippi River between downtown Baton Rouge and the State Capitol. It is no more.

Independence Hall North of Capital
I don't remember when it was torn down. But it was next to the "White House Inn"( I think that was the name) across the street from the Capital Building.

That was about it...
That's a huge help ~ Not sure why it didn't come up in my search...but this is enough. And sure enough, I had guessed wrong.

BDSM TEST RESULTS:
== Results from bdsmtest.org == 99% Switch / 91% Voyeur / 87% Degradee / 85% Experimentalist / 77% Non-monogamist 77% Submissive / 76% Rope bunny / 74% Degrader / 66% Dominant / 25% Vanilla / 23% Masochist / 13% Sadist

Old 02-15-2019, 07:05 PM   #62
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonnights View Post
That's a huge help ~ Not sure why it didn't come up in my search...but this is enough. And sure enough, I had guessed wrong.
Chloe has special search powers, and she flashes them now and then.

My current long-term project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday -- I swear.

Watch Me! is my entry in Literotica's Nude Day contest.

One Night in Gormaz is my offering for the "One Night in XXX" story event. It's an historical fantasy from Spanish history.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #63
yukonnights
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhilltrain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhilltrain View Post
There is also this:

https://plus.google.com/111082060013...ts/RoCqZ5ZwbRD

Capitol Lake is the only lake in town and it's right next to downtown. You can probably guess pretty closely where the exact site was.
Thanks for searching gunhilltrain. These were the only things that came up in my search too. Assuming Lakeshore Auditorium was on Lakeshore drive put my guessed at location as part of the LSU campus. With what Chloe found, I need to get closer to the capital building. Really appreciate your help though!!!

BDSM TEST RESULTS:
== Results from bdsmtest.org == 99% Switch / 91% Voyeur / 87% Degradee / 85% Experimentalist / 77% Non-monogamist 77% Submissive / 76% Rope bunny / 74% Degrader / 66% Dominant / 25% Vanilla / 23% Masochist / 13% Sadist

Old 02-15-2019, 07:47 PM   #64
Voboy
Literotica Guru

My research, incredibly, is progressing.

The Dune Encyclopedia is a 1984 rarity that goes for up to $200 on the ‘bay. It’s expressly intended for only the most geeky of Dune fans, if which I am proudly one. Y’all can imagine my joy to find one at a yard sale in Rhode Island among a pile of 50-cent books.

I insisted with trembling hands on paying a whole dollar. I’m not TOTALLY unscrupulous.

In it, after some digging, is an entry on how the Fremen of Arrakis go about fucking without losing cum (body moisture). So... awesome!

Now. If I only had a plot...

Old 02-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #65
TANSTAAFL58
Literotica Guru

I have a bare bones outline of a boy meets girl, boy hates girl, boy and girl shag like rabbits story. I'm setting it in my hometown, and calling it "One Night in Toronto".

I will try and keep the Maple Leafs cheering to a minimum. Although, maybe she should be a Habs* fan...hmm. The possibilities are opening.

I haven't noticed, did anyone claim the song title (One Night in Bangkok)?

(*Nickname of the Leafs oldest rivals, the Montreal Canadiens)

My Writing: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

I came here for the boobies,

I stay for the weirdness.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:01 PM   #66
yukonnights
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
Chloe has special search powers, and she flashes them now and then.
Now I'm wondering if I should start getting worried

BDSM TEST RESULTS:

Old 02-15-2019, 08:16 PM   #67
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL58 View Post
I have a bare bones outline of a boy meets girl, boy hates girl, boy and girl shag like rabbits story. I'm setting it in my hometown, and calling it "One Night in Toronto".

I will try and keep the Maple Leafs cheering to a minimum. Although, maybe she should be a Habs* fan...hmm. The possibilities are opening.

I haven't noticed, did anyone claim the song title (One Night in Bangkok)?

(*Nickname of the Leafs oldest rivals, the Montreal Canadiens)
Oh, I love Toronto. I've actually been to Toronto. There was a great little English Pub there right across the street from my hotel. There was a piano bar downstairs. I should have chosen Toronto. Dammit.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:25 PM   #68
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voboy View Post
My research, incredibly, is progressing.

The Dune Encyclopedia is a 1984 rarity that goes for up to $200 on the ‘bay. It’s expressly intended for only the most geeky of Dune fans, if which I am proudly one. Y’all can imagine my joy to find one at a yard sale in Rhode Island among a pile of 50-cent books.

I insisted with trembling hands on paying a whole dollar. I’m not TOTALLY unscrupulous.

In it, after some digging, is an entry on how the Fremen of Arrakis go about fucking without losing cum (body moisture). So... awesome!

Now. If I only had a plot...
Oh, wow! Just, wow! The Dune Encyclopedia? On my wish list now!!! I love Dune. Not all the follow-ons, just the first book and I can't wait for your story. I have no idea how the Fremen did that, so I'm waiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoquiSordidaAdMe View Post
Oh, I love Toronto. I've actually been to Toronto. There was a great little English Pub there right across the street from my hotel. There was a piano bar downstairs. I should have chosen Toronto. Dammit.
Do two. I am. But Toronto has been used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL58 View Post
... I haven't noticed, did anyone claim the song title (One Night in Bangkok)?
Nobody has claimed Bangkok yet, but there's plenty of time

Last edited by ChloeTzang : 02-15-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #69
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Titles to date (Friday Feb 15th)

"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter
"One Night in the Big Easy" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One Night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Degosay" by RubenR (a bedbug nnfested, flea and rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in Dzamin Ude (subtitled, "One Night on a Slow Moving Train") by ElectricBlue66
"One Night in Paris" by YDB95
"One Night on Arrakis" by Voboy (Authorized exception to "in")
"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code
"One Night in the Bronx" by gunhilltrain
"One Night in Singapore" by JugheadJane
"One Night in Houston" (or something like that) by RetroFan
"One Night in Prague" by AmoryParks
"One Night In Poughkeepsie" by SolarRay
"One Night in Los Diablos" by UnityMitford
“One Night in Gormaz” by NotWise
“One Night in Shelbyville, Indiana” by JBEdwards
“One Night in Faro” by gordo12
"One Night In Detroit" by MelissaBaby
"One Night In Baton Rouge" by yukonnights
"One Night in Toronto" by TANSTAAFL58

Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #70
MelissaBaby
Literotica Guru

Quote:
We honeymooned there. I could write a pretty good 5 nights in Toronto.

Chapter Twenty Two online now!

Old 02-15-2019, 09:34 PM   #71
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaBaby View Post
Not in the time available, you couldn't .

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

E-books and print books available from: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/A_A_Cain

Old 02-15-2019, 09:45 PM   #72
KeithD
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Titles to date (Friday Feb 15th)

"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter
"One Night in the Big Easy" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One Night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Degosay" by RubenR (a bedbug nnfested, flea and rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in Dzamin Ude (subtitled, "One Night on a Slow Moving Train") by ElectricBlue66
"One Night in Paris" by YDB95
"One Night on Arrakis" by Voboy (Authorized exception to "in")
"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code
"One Night in the Bronx" by gunhilltrain
"One Night in Singapore" by JugheadJane
"One Night in Houston" (or something like that) by RetroFan
"One Night in Prague" by AmoryParks
"One Night In Poughkeepsie" by SolarRay
"One Night in Los Diablos" by UnityMitford
“One Night in Gormaz” by NotWise
“One Night in Shelbyville, Indiana” by JBEdwards
“One Night in Faro” by gordo12
"One Night In Detroit" by MelissaBaby
"One Night In Baton Rouge" by yukonnights
"One Night in Toronto" by TANSTAAFL58
Missing "One Night in San Francisco" by keithd

Old 02-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #73
Voboy
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Oh, wow! Just, wow! The Dune Encyclopedia? On my wish list now!!! I love Dune. Not all the follow-ons, just the first book and I can't wait for your story. I have no idea how the Fremen did that, so I'm waiting....
If you find a copy, it’s on page 166, right-hand column, second paragraph.

It’s SO geeky. The conceit is that it’s an encyclopedia written after God Emperor when people were trying to reconstruct their pre-Leto II history. So, though Herbert authorized it, it doesn’t necessarily have to be completely accurate. It’s very clever.

You can get lost in there for hours.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:19 PM   #74
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Do two. I am.
I don't know where you find the time ChloeTzang. Someday I'll retire, and they're going to put me in a home and I'll be able to spend as much time writing as I want without work or family or chores getting in the way. Then, maybe I could write two. Not now. Two. Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaBaby View Post
No disrespect to Dwight, but can those five nights compare to the waterfall? Because, damn.

Did that cross a line? I apologise if that crossed a line. I've had way too much to drink tonight. Not an excuse. Just an explanation.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM   #75
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
Missing "One Night in San Francisco" by keithd
Aiiyyiiiyiiii. I have no idea how I missed that. Abject Apologies.

Quote:
I don't know where you find the time ChloeTzang...
I'm lucky, I work rostered shifts, I quite often have days off during the week and I have a husband who loves my stories, is my first fan and who got me started here and he totally encourages me to work at it. He doesn't critique, he doesn't edit, he helps me with answers to the odd question but otherwise he just enjoys and he happily looks after everything when my head is so far into a story that I don't want to take time out for cooking or survival or anything of those other details that are irrelevant when you're engrossed in writing.

And he's laughing at me now.

Last edited by ChloeTzang : 02-15-2019 at 10:33 PM.