Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Censors are all in a fog, HP, and so they want everyone else to be in a fog as well. What we need is transparency! (Particularly in women's summer dresses:D)

Censors have it rough at times though.

Imagine being the guy that had to tell Burt Ward (Robin of TV's "Batman" fame) that they were going to have to start taping down his very prominent bulge due to the complaints they were receiving from religious groups.

Rumor was that Adam West wasn't happy either about the Boy Wonder's package showing him up on screen.

Censors have it rough at times though.

Imagine being the guy that had to tell Burt Ward (Robin of TV's "Batman" fame) that they were going to have to start taping down his very prominent bulge due to the complaints they were receiving from religious groups.

Rumor was that Adam West wasn't happy either about the Boy Wonder's package showing him up on screen.

You couldn't make it up !

This is why you never steal a walrus's parking spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-Yw7Vp5Kfk

Try explaining that to your insurance agent. :D

The wife of a pal of mine had a problem in her car; she collided with a Badger ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badger ). As is all too frequent with firms dealing with the public these days, the call centre was in India, so there was a certain 'difficulty' with understanding.
She gave up when the clot at the other end said "What sort of car is a Badger?"

The wife of a pal of mine had a problem in her car; she collided with a Badger ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badger ). As is all too frequent with firms dealing with the public these days, the call centre was in India, so there was a certain 'difficulty' with understanding.

There actually was a car named Badger and was the first to feature four-wheel-drive...but the odds of being hit by one in the last 75 years would be pretty slim.

Badger-1908.jpg

There actually was a car named Badger and was the first to feature four-wheel-drive...but the odds of being hit by one in the last 75 years would be pretty slim.

Badger-1908.jpg

If it wasn't the car called Badger she collided with, you must have some hell of a size badger in the UK to warrant such actions after a collision. Here, if you hit one and it sticks, you just stop and knock it off the grill.

If it wasn't the car called Badger she collided with, you must have some hell of a size badger in the UK to warrant such actions after a collision. Here, if you hit one and it sticks, you just stop and knock it off the grill.

It is an animal about the size of a medium-large dog (Alsatian, 80kg ?).
And it got under the radiator and caught up in the fan belts etc..
It was not a pretty sight, by all accounts.

It is an animal about the size of a medium-large dog (Alsatian, 80kg ?).
And it got under the radiator and caught up in the fan belts etc..
It was not a pretty sight, by all accounts.

Looking for a nice nest, I guess. He should have tried the more comfortable life at Toad Hall.

If he ever managed to find his spectacles.
The garage to whom it was taken were heard to remark that it had better go to the Vets first.

Animals and cars rarely mix well. The worst one I ever heard of was a guy driving a Corvette hitting a 400# deer head on at about 60 MPH.

That low slung hood took the buck off his feet and made the perfect ramp for him to slide up the hood, through the windshield, and land (still alive & kicking) right in the driver's lap.

Not exactly the way most people would choose to die

Animals and cars rarely mix well. The worst one I ever heard of was a guy driving a Corvette hitting a 400# deer head on at about 60 MPH.

That low slung hood took the buck off his feet and made the perfect ramp for him to slide up the hood, through the windshield, and land (still alive & kicking) right in the driver's lap.

Not exactly the way most people would choose to die

Here, it's more often a male moose (1000-1500 lbs). I guess you're lucky if it's a female (500-800 lbs).

Here, it's more often a male moose (1000-1500 lbs). I guess you're lucky if it's a female (500-800 lbs).

When I lived on the Canadian border in New York, one of the first traffic rules I was taught by the locals was: "Moose always have the right of way." :D

When I lived on the Canadian border in New York, one of the first traffic rules I was taught by the locals was: "Moose always have the right of way." :D

No moose in my part of the "North" but lots of deer and elk that "meat" the same end. For the purposes of eventually arguing with an insurance adjustor, we are taught at a young age to say "The deer/elk hit my car" rather than "I hit a deer/elk" ensuring the fault sits squarely in the lap of the beast rather than the driver. Even if the beast ends up in the lap of the driver, who, if it was an elk, would most likely not be making a claim anyway as pointed out earlier in the thread.

I remember a pal of mine in the 1970s telling us that his car collided with a prized Bull which was escaping from the farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back