The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

For the last several years, the first quarter has been a time of anxiety building over impending tests, putting up with the tests and the scopes and the scans, and waiting for results. This year...ta daaaaa...after the requisite testing and scoping and such, we learn there will be no more tests needed for three years or more. Seems like this once-scrawny yank may have kicked cancer's ass after all.

Yayyyy!! So very happy to hear that...from one survivor to another I am pleased to hear that another one beat this disease...Fuck you cancer and sending continued positive vibes to you, midwestyankee.

When the pain bathes you in sweat before you even arrive at the gym.
Fuck cancer.
When people look at you funny at your cancer survivors exercise group because you're in your early thirties and they're all over 65.
Fuck cancer.
When people ask you if you smoke or did lots of drugs or ate too many acidic foods or did something to bring this upon yourself.
Fuck them. And fuck cancer too.
If not you, then the person next to you.
Fuck cancer.

Amen...Fuck cancer and anyone asking what you could have possibly done to bring it on yourself.
Sending hugs and all the prayers for you I can. I was 48 when mine hit and everyone in the chemo lab was older than me so I get that part of it. Stay strong, fight hard and kick Cancer's ass POD.

Amen...Fuck cancer and anyone asking what you could have possibly done to bring it on yourself.
Sending hugs and all the prayers for you I can. I was 48 when mine hit and everyone in the chemo lab was older than me so I get that part of it. Stay strong, fight hard and kick Cancer's ass POD.

Thanks to you for your kind words and to DGE. Punch cancer in the face every day!!

My dad had cancer. My best friend's mom died from cancer recently, less than 6 months between diagnosis and death. My cousin was recently diagnosed with cancer immediately following the birth of her first child. My grandma had breast cancer. I was recently diagnosed with Cin1, aka the first stage of of cervical pre cancer. I lived like a zombie for weeks until further testing declared it a false positive. And I kept my suffering to myself because I know so many people with cancer stories of their own that I didn't want to make anyone feel the worry they had already felt before for something that wasn't even cancer yet.

Fuck cancer.

My dad had cancer. My best friend's mom died from cancer recently, less than 6 months between diagnosis and death. My cousin was recently diagnosed with cancer immediately following the birth of her first child. My grandma had breast cancer. I was recently diagnosed with Cin1, aka the first stage of of cervical pre cancer. I lived like a zombie for weeks until further testing declared it a false positive. And I kept my suffering to myself because I know so many people with cancer stories of their own that I didn't want to make anyone feel the worry they had already felt before for something that wasn't even cancer yet.

Fuck cancer.

The burden of carrying a diagnosis of cancer or waiting on a possible diagnosis shouldn't be carried alone! Glad you are OK, but sorry for all the worry and loss you experienced!!

Coming from a family that has been devastated by cancer, and having dealt with it myself, I make sure that I don't personify cancer. I recognize that it is under-regulated or uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells, somehow strangely analogous to under-regulated growth in human societies. I think that society should do everything possible to learn the underlying science, and then take the most effective measures possible to regulate growth when growth gets to the point of being pathological.

I hope that someday, the current prevalent chemical, radiation, and surgical approaches to treating cancer will be considered primitive, and that targeted cell regulation techniques will become the norm. My family members and I have felt the full brunt of the side effects of current treatments, with two already dead and another one currently at death's door following a chemo treatment.

Similar to what has been stated elsewhere in this thread, I don't believe that those who die from cancer do so because they did not fight hard enough. Cancer is not a person. It cannot be trolled.

I share in the sadness of anyone who has lost a loved one to cancer or who suffers from the aftermath of certain cancer treatments.

Good news, Daughters surgery went well and no malignancy, and colleague's husband had colon surgery and they got it all with no signs it is spreading further. Sharing good news is less painful than bad and we must celebrate the successes! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

Good news, Daughters surgery went well and no malignancy, and colleague's husband had colon surgery and they got it all with no signs it is spreading further. Sharing good news is less painful than bad and we must celebrate the successes! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

Great news. Thanks for letting us know...

ps: FUCK YOU CANCER!

In the last year I’ve had 3 friends who’ve died of different types of cancer. One had cancer of the oesophagus; the second lung cancer; the chest of my third friend was absolutely riddled with cancer. From being diagnosed the longest lasted 8 weeks. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer over a year ago but I was lucky. I had a biopsy for something else so my cancer was found by chance and early.

We are all around 70 so really we’ve been far luckier than millions of others who have passed away tragically early in life. So my friends and myself have had a good run but it’s our wives and families who have to deal with the fallout and there’s nothing we can or could do about it.

I wouldn’t advocate live for today and forget tomorrow but don’t end up as the richest person in the cemetery.

In the last year I’ve had 3 friends who’ve died of different types of cancer. One had cancer of the oesophagus; the second lung cancer; the chest of my third friend was absolutely riddled with cancer. From being diagnosed the longest lasted 8 weeks. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer over a year ago but I was lucky. I had a biopsy for something else so my cancer was found by chance and early.

We are all around 70 so really we’ve been far luckier than millions of others who have passed away tragically early in life. So my friends and myself have had a good run but it’s our wives and families who have to deal with the fallout and there’s nothing we can or could do about it.

I wouldn’t advocate live for today and forget tomorrow but don’t end up as the richest person in the cemetery.

Sage advice! Sorry for your losses and you age quite right about our families having to deal with aftermath of our cancers/ FUCK YOU CANCER!!

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer over a year ago but I was lucky.

I'm 70 and just over 2 years out after dealing with my prostate cancer find. I'm doing OK. Just a bit cranky at times about several "new normal" life changes.

No worries about being the richest body in the the cemetery when that time comes. :D

ps: Fuck You Cancer!

tumblr_p7tpnmbV161uc6oljo1_540.jpg

good to hear!

We passed the 6 month mark since FIL cancer death. The scars are healing. Family life events help to ease the pain.
FYC for taking a life too early!

This thread is too important to be on page 2. I wish there was no need for a place to dump our cancer related woes and triumphs, but as long as there is that need, I hope this page continues to be both refuge and a place of hope! Anyway, Relay for Life is this weekend, at least here, and will both inspirational and heart wrenching! ( I know you all understand that). I pray we will, someday soon, have no need for cancer research, no need for sad goodbyes to the ones lost to this insidious disease and no need for this thread! Thank you all for the support you have given to me and to all the others who stop here to breathe among those who really understand! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

Yayyy! You are right, celebrating happily when cancer does not win....also celebrating loudly when it is there but Dr.s cut it out with no signs of metastasis.Once again....YAYYYYY!

:heart:I dont know how many of you follow Drag Racing. My Buddy Tom The Mongoose McEwen passed away from Cancer last Sunday in his sleep. He was 81 still so full of life. He had a full year of appearances scheduled and had made a couple already in Las Vegas and Houston. He was diagnosed with Colon Cancer a month ago and they went in and removed the infected portion. He was released from the hospital in three days. He went home and had a set back the Dr parked him to bed rest. Tom knew the cancer had spread. His body gave up. RIP MONGOOSE.:heart:

:heart:I dont know how many of you follow Drag Racing. My Buddy Tom The Mongoose McEwen passed away from Cancer last Sunday in his sleep. He was 81 still so full of life. He had a full year of appearances scheduled and had made a couple already in Las Vegas and Houston. He was diagnosed with Colon Cancer a month ago and they went in and removed the infected portion. He was released from the hospital in three days. He went home and had a set back the Dr parked him to bed rest. Tom knew the cancer had spread. His body gave up. RIP MONGOOSE.:heart:

Sorry for the loss of your friend!!! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

Back