Beer club

Liquid Girl Scout cookies ?

41lCnCJKXxL._SX355_.jpg

Last edited:
Mint?

In beer?

Hahaa - I know it's not for the purist, but I'd try it . . . . I like mint in bourbon - mint juleps. I also like chocolate and coffee and stout . . . .

I was a judge in a homebrew competition last weekend and one of the two categories I had was Fruit & Spice beers. There were a couple pepper beers entered that were pretty good.

Hahaa - I know it's not for the purist, but I'd try it . . . . I like mint in bourbon - mint juleps. I also like chocolate and coffee and stout . . . .

I was a judge in a homebrew competition last weekend and one of the two categories I had was Fruit & Spice beers. There were a couple pepper beers entered that were pretty good.

The chocolate coffee stouts are good. I'm definitely not one to buy that stuff by the growlerful, but maybe a howlerful.

I added a sight-glass to my home brewery so I can see the color of the wort as it circulates. Brewed a pale IPA yesterday using it for the first time. It's purty.

tumblr_p6b3ju2gbp1s754npo7_r1_540.jpg

The only thing I know about beer is this: rice beer is not beer.

I like Stella.

The only thing I know about beer is this: rice beer is not beer.

I like Stella.

Actually it is. I know it is used as filler by a lot of large breweries today but rice was used almost 8000 years ago to make beer in Asia.

I won a 10# bag of Rye at a recent homebrew event - so am going to brew a Rye IPA this afternoon.

American IPA, Pale Ale and Cream Ale brewed several weeks ago are also ready to be kegged. So, will be working on that too. It's going to be 80 and sunny, a perfect day to take an afternoon away from the office to play brewer. :)

tumblr_pa8cmhc7AJ1s754npo2_r1_540.jpg

I soaked orange peels and a vanilla bean in Everclear for three weeks to make this tincture. It smells great. Will be adding it to the Cream Ale for an gentle orange/vanilla flavor - It's going to be a cream-sic-ale. Actually, a 9% abv Imperial Cream Ale

Back