Old 02-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
York1234
Virgin
 
York1234 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Comments and feedbacks

I am pretty new of the site and I am still exploring it.

I am interested mainly in the stories and I noticed how many people comment remaining Anonymous, especially when they add a bad comment.

First I would say to these people, are you afraid to tell what you think openly or you do not have the guts and prefer to hide in the dark...?

Second and this is my personal way to comment, even in my private life and at work.

I praise in public and criticize in private.

I mean, if I make a compliment I like that everybody around knows about it.
It gives something to the person receiving it, spurring him to keep on doing well.
So i would add a good comment to a story - as I did.

About critics. I give them in private, explaining the reasons to help the person to understand my point and improve. Bad comments in public do not take anything good and can only "humiliate" or annoy who receives them. In this case I would send a "private feedback" to the author and never "that was rubbish" or "I will never click on this author again in future" - as I read.

Sorry if I bored you. I am new here, as I said.

Last edited by York1234 : 02-09-2018 at 07:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
JasonClearwater
Literotica Guru
 
JasonClearwater's Avatar
 
JasonClearwater is offline
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 770
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1234 View Post
I am pretty new of the site and I am still exploring it.
I am interested mainly in the stories and I noticed how many people comment remaining Anonymous, especially when they add a bad comment.

First I would say to these people, are you afraid to tell what you think openly or you do not have the guts and prefer to hide in the dark...?

Second and this is my personal way to comment, even in my private life and at work.

I praise in public and criticize in private.

I mean, if I make a compliment I like that everybody around knows about it.
It gives something to the person receiving it, spurring him to keep on doing well.
So i would add a good comment to a story - as I did.

About critics. I give them in private, explaining the reasons to help the person to understand my point and improve. Bad comments in public do not take anything good and can only "humiliate" or annoy who receives them. In this case I would send a "private feedback" to the author and never "that was rubbish" or "I will never click on this author again in future" - as I read.

Sorry if I bored you. I am new here, as I said.
Oh my days. You're bringing ethics and consideration to a place where these things are in rare supply.

Some of those Anons won't have accounts, because they're not writing on the site. Some of them might be writers, who're having a moment. I just delete them if they're not saying anything relevant. I'm more interested in the opinions of people I know can write themselves.

But it takes time and energy to leave thoughtful commentary. If you do as you've said, then you'll be a massive asset to any authors you do provide with feedback.
__________________
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They're all good boys, Bront.

My Lit stories live here: Submissions

Coming soon: The sadquel to A Committed Boy (working title, 'Against the dying of the light', so as to sit nicely on the list under A Committed Boy); a fun romp through grief, pain, and sexual healing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
MelissaBaby
Literotica Guru
 
MelissaBaby's Avatar
 
MelissaBaby is offline
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,973
I think some people don't realize that their comments will be posted anonymously unless they specifically choose otherwise.
__________________
https://imgur.com/iKnOpOM

Chapter Eight online now!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 09:27 PM   #4
York1234
Virgin
 
York1234 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaBaby View Post
I think some people don't realize that their comments will be posted anonymously unless they specifically choose otherwise.
I think I have seen there is the option to comment using the nickname or as anonymous.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 09:28 PM   #5
York1234
Virgin
 
York1234 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonClearwater View Post
Oh my days. You're bringing ethics and consideration to a place where these things are in rare supply.
What I say is that the critics is always appreciate but IMO not when I read such idiot comments that brings nothing to the cause.

and about my comments, some of the stories I like are pretty long so due to the lack of time, I just praise the author, not really going into details and pointing here and there. Just let him/her know that I enjoyed reading the story.

Last edited by York1234 : 02-09-2018 at 09:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #6
JasonClearwater
Literotica Guru
 
JasonClearwater's Avatar
 
JasonClearwater is offline
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by York1234 View Post
What I say is that the critics is always appreciate but IMO not when I read such idiot comments that brings nothing to the cause.

and about my comments, some of the stories I like are pretty long so due to the lack of time, I just praise the author, not really going into details and pointing here and there. Just let him/her know that I enjoyed reading the story.
Even that will always be appreciated. Always. Sometimes it's like writing in an airless void. Sometimes you think you hear a tumbleweed roll past, and then think no, can't be. This is a vacuum...
__________________
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They're all good boys, Bront.

My Lit stories live here: Submissions

Coming soon: The sadquel to A Committed Boy (working title, 'Against the dying of the light', so as to sit nicely on the list under A Committed Boy); a fun romp through grief, pain, and sexual healing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
MelissaBaby
Literotica Guru
 
MelissaBaby's Avatar
 
MelissaBaby is offline
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by York1234 View Post
I think I have seen there is the option to comment using the nickname or as anonymous.
Yes, but Anonymous is the default, and I think some people don't notice that.
__________________
https://imgur.com/iKnOpOM

Chapter Eight online now!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 12:29 AM   #8
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaBaby View Post
Yes, but Anonymous is the default, and I think some people don't notice that.
??

If I'm logged in, the default I see is my account name.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 12:49 AM   #9
JasonClearwater
Literotica Guru
 
JasonClearwater's Avatar
 
JasonClearwater is offline
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
??

If I'm logged in, the default I see is my account name.
Just did a test. Seems to default to whatever you last had it set to.

Not sure how I feel about the latest feedback I just got. 'Just, no'. I mean, harsh, mate, harsh.
__________________
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They're all good boys, Bront.

My Lit stories live here: Submissions

Coming soon: The sadquel to A Committed Boy (working title, 'Against the dying of the light', so as to sit nicely on the list under A Committed Boy); a fun romp through grief, pain, and sexual healing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 05:20 AM   #10
York1234
Virgin
 
York1234 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Well, I prefer to avoid leaving a bad and harsh comment. I did not like a story ?
Fine, I say nothing at least in the open space. May be I tell in private but to help to improve not to "cut the author's legs".
I would feel like I am at the club and go to a girl to tell her how ugly she is and how cheap she looks.
I don't see the reason. it would not change the reality. i would not feel better and she would feel sad.

Now I go back exploring as I see the amount of material is indeed huge....
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #11
nosebone
Really Experienced
 
nosebone is offline
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 231
In my experience, Mr./Ms. Anonymous has been about 50/50 in posting praise and punishment. After reading their comments, I usually know if they are trying to get a reaction or not. I regret when someone posts something helpful as Anonymous, and I can't thank them, properly.

What I lament are the comments from the commenter that uses their name, telling me how shitty I am as a writer, but when I view their profile, it's empty. Show us Bill Shakespeare, before thoust cast the stone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #12
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is online now
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 30,272
I have also noticed that some people leave comments in which they say they have done something they shouldn't have, and these are always anon. For instance, if somebody says something like "I fucked my daughter too, and it was great," they would not sign that.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
RocketLauncher
Literotica Guru
 
RocketLauncher's Avatar
 
RocketLauncher is offline
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,148
A lot of authors post anonymously or have two profiles so they can post comments without fear of retaliation.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #14
Innateecstacy
Virgin
 
Innateecstacy is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by York1234 View Post
I am pretty new of the site and I am still exploring it.

I am interested mainly in the stories and I noticed how many people comment remaining Anonymous, especially when they add a bad comment.

First I would say to these people, are you afraid to tell what you think openly or you do not have the guts and prefer to hide in the dark...?

Second and this is my personal way to comment, even in my private life and at work.

I praise in public and criticize in private.

I mean, if I make a compliment I like that everybody around knows about it.
It gives something to the person receiving it, spurring him to keep on doing well.
So i would add a good comment to a story - as I did.

About critics. I give them in private, explaining the reasons to help the person to understand my point and improve. Bad comments in public do not take anything good and can only "humiliate" or annoy who receives them. In this case I would send a "private feedback" to the author and never "that was rubbish" or "I will never click on this author again in future" - as I read.

Sorry if I bored you. I am new here, as I said.
I don't have any experience as a writer, I just started writing 10 days ago. I'm also new to Literotica and exploring the site. I posted a story which wasn't that good but it was my first one, someone commented saying, 'it's the worst story they've ever read'. Initially I felt a little discouraged, but there other people who asked me to ignore that person and keep working on my writing. I checked the rude person's profile and they haven't written anything. I think it's easy to comment rudely on someone else's work but very difficult to express your thoughts in words. I learn something from each story I read and some of them are just amazing! I make it a point to tell that to the authors, they've worked hard and deserve to be appreciated.
I completely agree with what you said about encouraging people in public and criticizing in private.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2018, 11:17 PM   #15
CarlusMagnus
Literotica Guru
 
CarlusMagnus's Avatar
 
CarlusMagnus is offline
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Directly above the center of the Earth
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innateecstacy View Post
I completely agree with what you said about encouraging people in public and criticizing in private.
I don't agree at all about restricting criticism to private communications. I welcome all thoughtful comments, whether public or private. Each such means that someone thought enough of my work to put time and energy into doing a little more than merely read it (though I'm grateful for the latter, too).

I also think that a story with many comments is more likely to attract readers than one with few—and readership is what we all want. As an extra bonus, each comment appears, if briefly, on the genre's "front page," where it provides my story some free advertising.

And a writer whose skin is so thin that they can't take public criticism isn't worthy of the name.

Of course, there are throwaway comments; everybody gets them. And a throw-away comment is very likely to get just that: thrown away.

So read my stuff and criticize away—publicly or privately, however it pleases you.
__________________
—CarlusMagnus

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #16
Gentleman_G
Really Experienced
 
Gentleman_G is offline
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlusMagnus View Post
I don't agree at all about restricting criticism to private communications. I welcome all thoughtful comments, whether public or private. Each such means that someone thought enough of my work to put time and energy into doing a little more than merely read it (though I'm grateful for the latter, too).
I probably won't be able to confine myself to the length of a commentbox if I decide to post a comment I tend to have trouble keeping it short. A little praise or criticism isn`t all that bad to use in a comment, but once I start to get into it I prefer sending a message instead.
Not that I`ve done so far, but still ...
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2018, 03:56 PM   #17
ausfet
Really Experienced
 
ausfet is offline
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innateecstacy View Post
I'm also new to Literotica and exploring the site. I posted a story which wasn't that good but it was my first one, someone commented saying, 'it's the worst story they've ever read'.
This site has it's fair share of users that try and destroy new authors' self esteem by leaving negative comments.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #18
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman_G View Post
I probably won't be able to confine myself to the length of a commentbox if I decide to post a comment I tend to have trouble keeping it short. A little praise or criticism isn`t all that bad to use in a comment, but once I start to get into it I prefer sending a message instead.
Not that I`ve done so far, but still ...
Gentleman_G,

Given that your comments, I suspect, would always be well considered and always polite, even if you were full of concern about a work; I would say, comment in full. Intelligent, thoughtful feedback is rare on Lit, and I think most writers would value receiving your thoughts.

Better still, become a denizen of the Feedback Forum, and offer your services to those writers who actively seek feedback.

Go here: http://forum.literotica.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Last edited by electricblue66 : 02-23-2018 at 07:10 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2018, 01:17 AM   #19
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is online now
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 30,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman_G View Post
I probably won't be able to confine myself to the length of a commentbox if I decide to post a comment I tend to have trouble keeping it short. A little praise or criticism isn`t all that bad to use in a comment, but once I start to get into it I prefer sending a message instead.
Not that I`ve done so far, but still ...
The comment box will expand, maybe indefinitely. I have seen some comments that were longer than the stories or essays.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2018, 01:57 AM   #20
RetroFan
Really Experienced
 
RetroFan is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 209
I've copped negative comments for committing the terrible sin of attempting to make readers of my stories laugh.

Some readers must have been born with a rare genetic condition that left them with absolutely no sense of humor.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2018, 02:13 AM   #21
member9458
Experienced
 
member9458 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northeast Corridor, US
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxlicker101 View Post
The comment box will expand, maybe indefinitely. I have seen some comments that were longer than the stories or essays.
...Yeah, my author's notes can get pretty fucking wild.
__________________
Quality-adjacent smut from Member9458 - "If it's credited to a screen name with all the personality of a first-generation Cylon, you know it's good! 👍🏻👍🏻"
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2018, 05:29 AM   #22
BiscuitHammer
Really Really Experienced
 
BiscuitHammer is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 360
Smile Anonymous, trashy comments...

Tend to be trolls, or even just snide readers who have nothing better to do than make themselves feel superior by belittling others. It is up to an author whether said comments remain on their page or not. I don't blame authors who delete them, they're a waste of space and it's something of an imposition on one's regular readers to expect them to slog through that drek.

I have many regular readers who peruse my comments sections and the useless flames piss them off. So, they're deleted. It's a simple courtesy to people who care. I do keep constructive criticisms, because they're legit and I intend to learn from them.

There's nothing constructive about a comment that states 'I hate your characters.' and nothing else.

If I enjoy another author's story, I'll leave a positive review. Any constructive criticism I have will be done by PM. I feel no need to pontificate in the Comments section for everyone to see.
__________________
'Write drunk, edit sober.'
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.