Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 01-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #3001
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

It's an epiphany that didn't even require coffee. Or maybe I'm dim for not catching on earlier. But now I *get* the seemingly nutz multiple re-entrant baroque guitar tuning.

Modern guitar and mandolin tunings facilitate playing up and down the neck - the next note played will likely be elsewhere on the same string, making somewhat choppy sounds. On baroque guitars and citterns, the current note rings on while the next note sings from another string, flowing onward. Baroque tuning is like a stepped pentatonic scale to be rung across, not a cycle of intervals to be attacked. Wow!

The good and cheap news is that I can move strings around on an existing mandolin and baritone 'ukulele to achieve those effects. Without spending money. That's important. Cheap is good. Free is better. And hey, the coffee is paid for.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:16 AM   #3002
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
It's an epiphany that didn't even require coffee. Or maybe I'm dim for not catching on earlier. But now I *get* the seemingly nutz multiple re-entrant baroque guitar tuning.

Modern guitar and mandolin tunings facilitate playing up and down the neck - the next note played will likely be elsewhere on the same string, making somewhat choppy sounds. On baroque guitars and citterns, the current note rings on while the next note sings from another string, flowing onward. Baroque tuning is like a stepped pentatonic scale to be rung across, not a cycle of intervals to be attacked. Wow!

The good and cheap news is that I can move strings around on an existing mandolin and baritone 'ukulele to achieve those effects. Without spending money. That's important. Cheap is good. Free is better. And hey, the coffee is paid for.
I'm sure that your tuning will keep you amused for some time;
Ah, he used the magic words - Coffee and 'free'.
Now, while we have a few moments, I'll try and explain the Series hard-valve voltage regulator. As the load changes, V1 inverts the voltage swing and V2 (with a stable cathode from stabliser V3) . . . . .

Have a good day.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #3003
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Home with a sick munchkin. Pouring the fluids in her and the coffee in me. Planning a little reading and writing for me.
Playgrounder #426

Old 01-03-2018, 09:57 AM   #3004
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Home with a sick munchkin. Pouring the fluids in her and the coffee in me. Planning a little reading and writing for me.
Symapthy!

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 01-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #3005
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Hugs. Hope she's better quickly.

I'm all for the coffee. Got home yesterday afternoon. Awesomely tough workout, really went at it, then bed, sleep and into work early. Another workout tonight and then some writing time planned. "Fields of Gold" needs about 8-10k more words and I can put it to bed. The other one needs a good edit tho. Reread it on the plane and okay, edit edit edit.... eeeeek
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 01-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #3006
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
I'm sure that your tuning will keep you amused for some time;
Tuning is easy. Re-stringing takes effort.

And nothing is guaranteed. Any experiment could end in failure. That's the learning process, hey? Every fuckup instructs us what not to do again. But as they say: Some learn by reading, some by watching. And some just have to piss on the electric fence to see if it's hot.

Quote:
Ah, he used the magic words - Coffee and 'free'.
Another paid-for quadruple espresso is trying to re-energize me at this very moment. It's having a difficult time. Brief hours of lethargy must be overcome. Freely.

Quote:
Now, while we have a few moments, I'll try and explain the Series hard-valve voltage regulator. As the load changes, V1 inverts the voltage swing and V2 (with a stable cathode from stabliser V3) . . . . .
I advise thyristors and voltage-controlled rectifiers (VCRs) in parallel circuits. Make sure you're well-grounded and -shunted, too. Keep your mains clean.

Quote:
Have a good day.
The dentist is six hours away. The day will be good till then. Maybe later too, if enough opioids are involved. Hmm, caffeine is used to boost other painkillers -- will hydrocodone coffee work?

Meanwhile, the mandola is calling out. "Re-string me, oh please re-string me," it cries plaintively. It's not yet nibbled at my toes. How far can this go?

Old 01-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #3007
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Today is Hump Day. Yesterday was Toesday. A day late and a Mandola short.

Morning all, Yeah, I know, barely. It has been a busy morning but that too shall pass.

Actually, I slept in and then got tangled up in a story. The sun is out so the ladies decided it was shopping time. We're supposed to see a temp over 32 today.

Fresh coffee and back to writing.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 01-03-2018, 03:17 PM   #3008
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Today is Hump Day. Yesterday was Toesday. A day late and a Mandola short.

Morning all, Yeah, I know, barely. It has been a busy morning but that too shall pass.

Actually, I slept in and then got tangled up in a story. The sun is out so the ladies decided it was shopping time. We're supposed to see a temp over 32 today.

Fresh coffee and back to writing.
Ah, coffee

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #3009
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Past coffee time. Red wine time approaches.

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

<div align=left><a href=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ZReMcO1L._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-51,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg target=_blank>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg</a></div>

Old 01-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #3010
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by voluptuary_manque View Post
Past coffee time. Red wine time approaches.
Alaskan Winter Ale time is upon me!

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Pixie in the Rain.
Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 01-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #3011
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Horrible weather today. White-outs, heavy snow squalls, roads covered with snow, slush, and ice. Thankfully, my son drove me to the doctor's appointment this morning. Back to writing . . . with a Dr Pepper.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:34 PM   #3012
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Headed back to the deep freeze tonight so I'm working on a big mug of hot chocolate.

Fresh coffee for the evening crew.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 01-03-2018, 10:05 PM   #3013
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Headed back to the deep freeze tonight so I'm working on a big mug of hot chocolate.

Fresh coffee for the evening crew.
With the theobromine in the cocoa you probably don't need extra coffee. Snuggle up and share some chocolate warmth.

Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 01-04-2018, 03:09 AM   #3014
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
With the theobromine in the cocoa you probably don't need extra coffee. Snuggle up and share some chocolate warmth.
Theobromine is literally "food of the gods" so suck some up and get divine. A splash of rum or brandy in the cup rarely hurts the holy effect.

Meanwhile we're getting some warmish sprinkles here whilst the rest of North America and Europe are slammed with frigidity. My killer new mandolin tuning ("Get-Up John!") seems to be holding the weather at bay. Ta ta.

Cocoa seems a good idea. With a dash of jalapeño sugar. For inspiration. Right.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:03 AM   #3015
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Coffee she pleads, give me coffee for it is off to work in the darkness of the early hours. Who needs headlights. With enough coffee I'll be so wired I can see in the dark..... lol
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 01-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #3016
NotWise
Snipe hunter

It's an overcast morning, though not especially cold (high 20's). There were a few balloons up, but not as many as in recent days.

I was surprised this morning when I found a large flock of Canada geese grazing in a city park. That's something I don't see every day.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:16 PM   #3017
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Tuning is easy. Re-stringing takes effort.

And nothing is guaranteed. Any experiment could end in failure. That's the learning process, hey? Every fuckup instructs us what not to do again. But as they say: Some learn by reading, some by watching. And some just have to piss on the electric fence to see if it's hot.
'
Hmm, caffeine is used to boost other painkillers -- will hydrocodone coffee work?

Meanwhile, the mandola is calling out. "Re-string me, oh please re-string me," it cries plaintively. It's not yet nibbled at my toes. How far can this go?
See here.

Quote:
Theobromine is literally "food of the gods" so suck some up and get divine. A splash of rum or brandy in the cup rarely hurts the holy effect.

Cocoa seems a good idea. With a dash of jalapeño sugar. For inspiration. Right.
There's a bit of quandary here.
Meds for blood pressure tend to be diuretic. The problem is that the dim dark hours of the winter night are not the ideal time to tiptoe across the upstairs landing to go for a p1$$.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 01-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #3018
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
My grammar was correct. "It's not yet..." is contracted from "it has not yet nibbled at my toes." I daresay my grammar is GILFier than yours.

Quote:
There's a bit of quandary here.
Meds for blood pressure tend to be diuretic. The problem is that the dim dark hours of the winter night are not the ideal time to tiptoe across the upstairs landing to go for a p1$$.
You've never overnighted in a caravan, then? Keep a pisspot nearby. Don't kick it over. Save it for the bunnies looming outside.

The espresso is taking effect. Good thing, as we must venture through the gathering storm down to the county seat and tend to matters. Tending requires caffeine., yes? We may stop at a taco truck, too. To investigate.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #3019
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
My grammar was correct. "It's not yet..." is contracted from "it has not yet nibbled at my toes." I daresay my grammar is GILFier than yours.

You've never overnighted in a caravan, then? Keep a pisspot nearby. Don't kick it over. Save it for the bunnies looming outside.

The espresso is taking effect. Good thing, as we must venture through the gathering storm down to the county seat and tend to matters. Tending requires caffeine., yes? We may stop at a taco truck, too. To investigate.
Overnight in a Caravan ?
Well, Yes, when I was a lot younger. Also a motor-caravan, and several species of tent. I still do not like tiptoeing across the landing at 3 or 4 am: And suffering wet grass at that time is arguably as bad, if not worse.

Is there any theobromine in Tea ?

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 01-04-2018, 07:23 PM   #3020
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Evening all,

Today has been a big day. I finished the last of the last book. Now all that is left is the edit on the last part and then a check over the nine that haven't been put out yet to make sure everything flows correctly and everything is wrapped up with pretty bows. Ten books and a total of 544+k words.

Time to relax a little and see what I can dig up for the Valentine Day contest. But then again, there is the problem of the next mainstream project. I have several ideas but.... None hold my interest well at the moment.

Okay, fresh coffee. There's extra chili for those that need to warm up from the inside out.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 01-04-2018, 07:56 PM   #3021
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Is there any theobromine in Tea ?
Yes there is.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:58 PM   #3022
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

And a movie link for Handley Page

And a movie link for Handley Page

Now here is the chinese version of "Top Gun" for those that aren't watching chinese movie news with bated breath... Yes Folks, here we go, the Magnificent Men in their Chengdu J-10 lightweight multirole fighter aircraft... as filmed in "Sky Fighters."

It's a classically bad B-movie and here's some good lines from reviews. After you read these, you're going to WANT to watch this movie, just like I did.... Sorry, I know you're not going to forgive me for this....

Made by the Chinese military as domestic propaganda, Sky Fighters is possibly the worst movie with fighter planes ever made. And that’s saying a lot.

Sky Fighters is China's version, following Top Gun's wikipedia plot outline almost to the letter but infusing it with infinitely terrible special effects, wooden acting, blatant domestic propaganda, and a complete lack of the style and cultural energy that made Top Gun so amazing.

Now, if this were an American/Western movie, like Top Gun, the film's hero would be Maverick with his motorcycles and his rock and roll music and his disrespectful attitude. But it's actually the old guy who is this film's hero, because he steadfastly holds to the Communist Party doctrines and teachings, refusing to bend the rules and his personal beliefs to appease the cocky Maverick.

Unlike in Top Gun, the maverick fighter pilot is the antagonist. You were looking for a rebel hero? You’re not getting one. Why? Because the Chinese government doesn’t want rebels.

First off there's absolutely nothing in the way of character background material for our two main guys (or for anyone actually).

Secondly, the “acting” is terrible. I've seen other Chinese movies and while there are indeed some z-list actors working in their industry, they also have their fair share of very talented people who do outstanding work. Not a single one of those quality actors were hired for Sky Fighters.

The optical effects are ten times worse. Top Gun was fantastic in part because the US Navy allowed them to film their jets in the air, flying combat maneuvers with afterburners glowing and testosterone exploding. On Sky Fighters, though, the Chinese military would only let the production team film the jets on the ground so any air-to-air scenes had to be done with CGI. That would have been OK if the VFX company who did the work wasn't staffed with blinddrunk homeless guys working on Commodore 64s.

....whoever modeled the flight dynamics had clearly never seen an airplane before in his life because real planes don't bounce and flounce around in the sky like these do. Seriously, if any airplane that ever existed attempted some of the insane aerobatic moves we see in the movie, the wings would rip right off them in seconds.

etc etc etc

Old 01-04-2018, 11:29 PM   #3023
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
....whoever modeled the flight dynamics had clearly never seen an airplane before in his life because real planes don't bounce and flounce around in the sky like these do. Seriously, if any airplane that ever existed attempted some of the insane aerobatic moves we see in the movie, the wings would rip right off them in seconds.
Maybe they were thinking of a WW-I vintage Fokker, or Jenny, or De Havilland. They bounced around at about 40 miles an hour.

On the other hand... I'm not sure that Top Gun was much more than domestic propaganda.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:31 PM   #3024
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Thanks Chloe, but I think I'll pass on the propaganda junket.

I think I saw "Top Gun" way back when and I wasn't all that impressed then so....

Fresh coffee for the night crew and a cup of tea to keep HP awake for the movie.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 01-04-2018, 11:45 PM   #3025
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
Evening all,

Today has been a big day. I finished the last of the last book. Now all that is left is the edit on the last part and then a check over the nine that haven't been put out yet to make sure everything flows correctly and everything is wrapped up with pretty bows. Ten books and a total of 544+k words.

Time to relax a little and see what I can dig up for the Valentine Day contest. But then again, there is the problem of the next mainstream project. I have several ideas but.... None hold my interest well at the moment.

Okay, fresh coffee. There's extra chili for those that need to warm up from the inside out.
Congrats Tx!

School closed for tomorrow due to frigid temps, but I still have to go out to an appt.
Playgrounder #426