Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Site News & Tech Support > Lit Tech Support

Old 01-03-2018, 01:39 AM   #26
RenataAshe
Really Experienced

Thumbs up

Wanted to update my profile, I'll wait on the next site maintenance. No biggie!

Old 01-03-2018, 01:45 AM   #27
barefootgirl69
His Wild Little Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedSheep View Post
https://memegenerator.net/img/images...pressedman.jpg

Kind of is a big deal, all yall have display pics and descriptions in your profile, all while the rest of us plebs have an empty shell of an account. The only thing that sets us peons apart is our signatures lol
Lol... not to mention y'all have the same birthday! But, when you get past 100 posts you can have AVs and Profile pics, too. Welcome to Lit.
Proud Playgrounder #369 - Happily protected by E -

And though she be but little, she is fierce ~ Shakespeare

i like my body when it is with your body ~ e e cummings

Some of My Favorite Threads:
BFG's Hideout * Daddy's Little Girl * Men in Kilts * I Love a Hairy Chest

Old 01-03-2018, 02:59 AM   #28
ConfusedSheep
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootgirl69 View Post
Lol... not to mention y'all have the same birthday! But, when you get past 100 posts you can have AVs and Profile pics, too. Welcome to Lit.
As if yours being 3 days from the typical newcomers is anything to be proud of

Didn't know that second bit, thanks for the welcome and tip.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:46 AM   #29
Trigger_Warning
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedSheep View Post
https://memegenerator.net/img/images...pressedman.jpg

Kind of is a big deal, all yall have display pics and descriptions in your profile, all while the rest of us plebs have an empty shell of an account. The only thing that sets us peons apart is our signatures lol
I also think it's a big deal for people who have personally identifying information on there profile that they would like to remove. Pictures can still be edited, but the words cannot.

In a relationship, gainfully employed, dabbles in writing

Old 01-03-2018, 08:13 AM   #30
jaF0
Worthless Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger_Warning View Post
for people who have personally identifying information

No one should ever put that on the web to begin with.

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #31
HonorableRogue
Hazily Covetous

Location: On Earth (because it has more mass and occupies more space than me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootgirl69 View Post
It's been going on since Aug/Sept when there was a big change. They are updating Lit, and this minor issue is going to addressed in the next change that is coming. It's a big site. There's no sense fixing something that will be addressed later on any way.

You can update you member profile and put a link in your signature block, or simply put the information in the signature block.
I agree BFG that the issue is minor if you mean it's a single link on the User Control Panel and I'm glad that you personally feel it's minor relative to your Lit experience.

I hope you're not only right that it will be fixed but that you've heard that directly from Manu or Laurel since they've completely ingored questions about the issue for months.

You are wrong that there's no sense in fixing the issue in some manner. If we can't change it they should simply stop displaying the information as a bare minimum. Additionally they could redirect the link to the signature block and encourage what you propose (and others have done).

The complete lack of information about when the issue might be fixed is what I find galling. If they don't have the time to answer the questions a single stickied post would solve the problem.

I have enjoyed Lit for many years. It's a very unique place even on the vastness of the Internet. But I don't enjoy being ignored because I don't directly produce revenue. I'm sorry they delayed making any updates to the site until they were forced to in order to continue operating effectively. We shouldn't have to suffer for their short-sightedness. And after the countless hours spent taking, posting and commenting on pictures on a part of the site that clearly boosts the other parts of the sight it would be nice if they treated us like human beings and not an annoyance.

Rant over. I'll check back again next quarter.

Cheers

P.S. Longtime no chat BFG.

- George Eastman

Old 01-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #32
jaF0
Worthless Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableRogue View Post
The complete lack of information about when the issue might be fixed is what I find galling. If they don't have the time to answer the questions a single stickied post would solve the problem.

Yeah.

No, I'm not OK.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #33
LikeItLots
Virgin

Question it would be nice....

.... if we could change our profile details but I don't think people should get too worked up over the problem.

This Forum interface is the same as used by some other forums so I guess the fault may lie outside Literotica's control.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:50 PM   #34
HonorableRogue
Hazily Covetous

Location: On Earth (because it has more mass and occupies more space than me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeItLots View Post
it would be nice....
.... if we could change our profile details but I don't think people should get too worked up over the problem.

This Forum interface is the same as used by some other forums so I guess the fault may lie outside Literotica's control.
It would be nice. Especially since we used to be able to before a major "improvement" update. I don't think that many people are worked up over it. Some don't care at all. Other's see it as just an inconvenience. A few desperately want to change their data. I'm clearly among the frustrated.

Regardless, it's not the software platfrom. It worked. They made a change and asked if anything was broken. The problem was reported. They even posted about deactivating the old link. Posted on 11 Sep 2017. So it's been nearly 4 months now and that last post was the last the site management made about the forum profile issue.

I almost want to start.a betting pool thread to guess the date the issue is finally fixed but instead I'll just keep rewriting my profile so I'm ready when the fix finally comes through.

Cheers

- George Eastman

Old 01-08-2018, 06:40 AM   #35
jaF0
Worthless Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableRogue View Post
I almost want to start.a betting pool thread to guess the date the issue is finally fixed
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1468068

No, I'm not OK.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #36
VerbalGuy
Literotica Guru

I'm not able to add any of the Additional Information - not seeing any section for it when I try to edit my profile. I'm sorry all of you are having similar issues but glad I'm not the only one.

Has there been any movement or response in helping us get our issues resolved?